Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

I'm in the market for a new 60* low bounce wedge to replace my old TM MG2 TW, so thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I would love to be considered to give these Pings a try. They look really nice and if they're good enough for Hovland and co... well.... lol

Whether successful or not, I'll be trying them out this year (I plan on a wedge fitting at some point, when finances allow).

E6EDA8BE-02CE-45A3-86C9-14E8C3A83ACD_1_105_c.jpeg.f1a78862e8ba4b6b7c30570b705f3bfe.jpeg

I am playing the i200 irons in left hand with the power specs and I love it so much they perform so well with less effort.. That I would certainly enjoy their wedges no doubt!!! I'm in

34 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

I'm in the market for a new 60* low bounce wedge to replace my old TM MG2 TW, so thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I would love to be considered to give these Pings a try. They look really nice and if they're good enough for Hovland and co... well.... lol

Whether successful or not, I'll be trying them out this year (I plan on a wedge fitting at some point, when finances allow).

E6EDA8BE-02CE-45A3-86C9-14E8C3A83ACD_1_105_c.jpeg.f1a78862e8ba4b6b7c30570b705f3bfe.jpeg

What a great addition to the PING staff he has been huh?? And even better guy for the wedges because the only thingt ever held him back was his short game and he signs with them and boom!! Now most of us know that was all his hardwork and he would have achieved it using a garden shovel but it hey its a great marketing tool

1 minute ago, Marlin Dave said:

What a great addition to the PING staff he has been huh?? And even better guy for the wedges because the only thingt ever held him back was his short game and he signs with them and boom!! Now most of us know that was all his hardwork and he would have achieved it using a garden shovel but it hey its a great marketing tool

Absolutely. Seems like a genuine guy and clearly worked damn hard on his short game recently. But yeah, it's great PR for Ping to be the clubs he used during that improvement phase!

34 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Absolutely. Seems like a genuine guy and clearly worked damn hard on his short game recently. But yeah, it's great PR for Ping to be the clubs he used during that improvement phase!

Have you seen his snippet about staying off the weed uh?? 🤣🤣🤣 Go to YouTube and type Hovland weed and it's hilarious. Kid is funny and laid back and outside a couple of nice watches spends no money

After running to intense financial issues over the past couple of years due to COVID, my golf game has had to take a back seat. I'm hoping to revitalize my game and my love for it by becoming a tester!

inbound7714133256212203003.png

I was just looking at getting a new wedge set after having a custom set of TVD Vokeys for over a decade. I’m playing Ping i25 irons over that time frame and still to this day as well. Perhaps their wedges will finally make their way in my bag. It would be an honor. 

0A72AB8A-6F75-4537-86BF-8249C247949C.png

8B81AB91-BD80-40D9-B27C-78756AAD1E5F.png

9B5DA263-B8FC-408B-A374-C8692EE145A9.png

Very excited about this opportunity.  Last year I planned to get for for a new set of wedges, but put in an mlm2 pro simulator instead.  So this is the year for new wedges 🙂 and getting fit into a set of new Pings would be great!

Ping is an awesome brand and I have been considering converting to these. This would be a great opportunity before making my decision!

Screenshot_20240310_165135_Chrome.jpg

So I went back and changed 1 thing, and that was the turf conditions. And it gave me different grinds.  The more I read into them, the better I understood what each one affected in terms of performance. 

Screenshot_20240310_072702_Chrome.jpg.bed6ba222b3afa0eb2687c80393819f6.jpgScreenshot_20240310_072017_Chrome.jpg.7fb79596f08e78bffeebf9b11d5dce8f.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_071958_Chrome.jpg

20 hours ago, Shank Aaron said:

I doubt I'll get pulled for this, and it will be very disappointing given how impressed I was with the Forged Pro wedges. Having only looked at pictures online, I do love the look of the S159's. If I did get picked for this there would definitely be a wedge title fight between these and the SM10's, Trackman and course results, of course. 

Screenshot_20240309_200039_SamsungInternet.jpg.baa4240dcc43acaad284e05898cc6f6f.jpg

ummm I'm surprised you don't have these already!! 🤣

I’d love to be picked to check these out. Ever since I had to retire from being a cop due to being injured on duty, golf has been my escape. No way I could ever afford these! 

IMG_7595.png

Out of curiosity I wanted to see their suggestions and it similar to the Calloway wedges I use and very happy with. IMG_2695.jpeg.1711d4aa038a32ba296402948020c988.jpeg

Grinds are pretty much the same but I I have 8 and 10 degree bounces. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.