Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,685 signups
Equipment Type: Shoe
Vendor: SQAIRZ

Testers Wanted!

TW-SV-Feature.jpg

Can shoes make a real impact on a golfer's ability to swing faster and increase their swing speed? This is what SQAIRZ has claimed with their previous models and built their platform on. This Testers Wanted opportunity from SQAIRZ golf shoes includes their new VELO golf shoe, the first-ever speed-rated golf shoe.

About SQAIRZ VELO

This shoe is packed with technology and some pretty bold claims. In SQAIRZ testing, they found golfers using the VELO averaged an increase of 2.9 MPH in swing speed and tighter dispersion. That alone is huge.

The other technology features that the SQAIRZ VELO incorporates are as follows:

• Proprietary SQAIRZ NRG-Direct Technology for a reduction in energy loss.
  • Patented SQAIRZ toe box.
  • Proprietary Sta-Put lacing system.
  • New LaceLock system.
  • Patented AI-generated “smart-traction” system.
  • 100% waterproof but breathable materials.
  • New lightweight-response SQAIRZ NFG-Foam for additional comfort.

As I said, a lot of technology in a shoe. With the claims of a significant increase in swing speed and a new style, these are a must-test for our forum members.

TW-SV-Course.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

Along with the technology, the SQAIRZ VELO has an all-new look and a choice of three colors. The new style is still bold but certainly more subtle than their previous models with a clean aesthetic. MyGolfSpy Forum is looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a pair of the new SQAIRZ VELO golf shoes. Testers will receive a pair of VELO shoes in the color of their choosing.

We want to know if the speed claims are true, we want to know how waterproof the VELO really is, and how comfortable they really are!

Want to be our next tester?

TW-SV-BLUE.jpg

*Registration ends Mar. 28

*Testers will be announced on the forum on April 2.

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in the US.

TW-SV-Black.jpg

153 Comments

The shoes look great,  not sure about the claims on increased swing speed, but I've been wrong before.  Not sure when but I'm sure that it has happened, just don't ask my wife

I would love to test these. 13.5 wide feet always leave me scrambling to find a comfortable golf shoe. I tried my Hoka even and found out quickly a no go

I've been interested in the SQAIRZ golf shoes and to what extent they truly help with ground force and balance.  I've been able to use my leather Puma Ignite 2.0 all winter but will need to switch back to a breathable shoe in the hot weather. Good luck everyone!

Would love to try these shoes. Being a caddie at the BC womens Mid Amature would be good advertising also!

Very nice looking shoe! 

Curious to see how the reviewers find the "...increase of 2.9 MPH in swing speed and tighter dispersion..." claimed.

1 hour ago, snykei said:

As an avid early morning walker with wide toe area I'm always on the lookout for good, comfy, stable, and waterproof shoes.

Me too. My toes are all jammed inwards with no spacing between them from bad shoe fit.  Hokas for work but golf shoes have been a real struggle. Lots of options for regular sizes but 13.5 wides are hard to find

Would love to try these shoes to check out the comfort and could always use a few more miles of swing speed!

I’d like to try them.  I wear Ecco’s now since I have a problem with my right foot and Ecco’s are the most stable shoe I’ve found so far.  I think it would be a good test to see how they match up.  My issue is on left to right slopes.  My right foot will roll over and collapse.  Ecco’s prevent this.  Hoping Squares might be stable enough to prevent this also.

There are surprisingly few shoe brands that offer wide or extra wide sizes. Not sure why that is, but it sucks. 

I like a shoe that's a bit wider that offers excellent support. I replace my spikes often so I like that aspect od Squairz. 

I have a 14 left foot and a 13 right foot. Been battling this my whole adult life.  So much variation in shoe sizes, I go with the 14's. Some slippage in the right foot then. So sometimes I get lucky and the right one fits better. Otherwise I just deal with it. Would be awesome if they hook me up to test with the right shoes. That would be a real test for me.\

On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else ready to see if a simple change of shoe can boost your swing speed?

I somehow keep going back to “racing stripes adds 20HP” lol. Cool opportunity, and if those claims are true, then they should be sold out soon id say. 
Thanks to MGS and SQAIRZ for this opportunity!

SPEWING that this is a US only test, these shoes look amazing. Wonder if they feel/perform as good as they look??

On 3/23/2024 at 1:56 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else ready to see if a simple change of shoe can boost your swing speed?

I currently wear Sqairz Speed when I play.   I’ve been waiting for them to come out with a new shoe.  These look great.  They are supposed to be more comfortable and lighter than the previous shoe. A definite plus plus!!  Being a Sqairz shoe golfer I would love to test this shoe and give a review.  

I have yet to find a shoe made for the demands I put on them for walking. All lack either comfort,support,grip or durability.

I would love to try these, they look great and bet they are very comfortable.  I have been looking at these because I used to wear Bite shoes, not the sandals, back when they first came out.  I currently own 3 pairs of shoes but could use another pair since I play/practice daily and like to rotate them since I walk.  Can't wait to try these on to check out the comfort and support.

I'd love to give these a try, but because my feet are a little wider than these shoes will fit I had to go through some gyrations with shoe stretchers to use the pair I purchased.  When I finally got them to a point where I could wear them, they performed well.

Best of luck to those chosen to give these shoes a try.  

This Test is now closed to further comments.