Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

2 hours ago, Jhampt00 said:

I stopped signing up for the things I didn’t think I was a good fit for, but this would be an awesome opportunity. I’m currently trying to unofficially trying the Stargrips and I’m seeing the testing process is not as easy as just getting free stuff but I would love the challenge for this one!!!

Yeah, it's for real not "easy," but it IS worth it. Definetely check out our "How to be a Tester" article which 100% breaks down how we choose our incredible testers. You've already got the profile photo (step 1). I can't stress enough that just involving yourself into a couple of threads every day and we (the forum staff) will take notice. And seriously, submitting on only the tests you're interested in (vs. applying for every test) goes a really long way with us (who pick our testers). 

Keep it up! And happy to have you!!

I have 3 Drivers the one I Play and 2 retired ones for out of town guests. 

I have 30+ putters 10-15 in the rotation.  Some times carry 2 🤦‍♂️

Putted with one of these at a golf shop for a 1/2 hrs. Loved it but am hesitant to drop 1/2 G on another putter without real world testing. 

Pick me please and put me out of my Putting Misery 🤞

I was hesitant to sign up for this test because I putt so well with the odyssey sabretooth but I figured what the heck might as well sign up. Ever since I found the sabretooth putter and put the super stroke grip on it my putting is the best thing I do. Good luck to all who signed up. 

I was just testing one out at a Golf Galaxy last week! These putters are the real deal! Would love to be a left handed tester for Lab! Good luck everyone!

I have my eye on a L.A.B putter every time I step foot in PGA Superstore. Looking forward to this one 

9 hours ago, FrankGolfer said:

I have 3 Drivers the one I Play and 2 retired ones for out of town guests. 

I have 30+ putters 10-15 in the rotation.  Some times carry 2 🤦‍♂️

Putted with one of these at a golf shop for a 1/2 hrs. Loved it but am hesitant to drop 1/2 G on another putter without real world testing. 

Pick me please and put me out of my Putting Misery 🤞

Edit  Bought another putter this morning since posting last night.🤦‍♂️

I played a round a couple weeks ago in which I missed a par or birdy putt on almost all of the first 12 holes.  I've seen the LAB stuff on random golf club and am interested in seeing how this goes.

LAB has been blowing up and it’s great to see more of their putters on tour. Looking forward to this one!! 👏 

Unreal opportunity. Seen how this has changed EALs putting. Price bracket seems steep. Compare that to a driver and the life span of both I think it pays for itself. If they live up to the hype. 

I’ve been obsessed with LAB over the last 2 months but I don’t have a lot of extra cash to buy one at the moment. Fingers crossed I get picked on this one. 🙏🏻

What a cool opportunity!!! 
I was just messing with one of the 2.1 fitting putters last week. It was insane! Point and shoot, I’ve never felt a putter like that before. My only complaint with the 2.1 was that I felt it looked too big. The store I was in didn’t have the DF3. 

I would LOVE to try this putter and give my thoughts. I consider myself a good putter and consistently average around 1.7 putts per hole. I tend to miss with a slight pull or slight push depending on the day. I’ve tried several mallet putters, blade putters, toe hang, face balance, etc etc. the LAB putter looks like it could truly be a game changer. Their cost is very high but I suppose if it was a diver I wouldn’t be saying that! Quality equipment cost money. 

On 4/3/2024 at 11:29 PM, I miss, I miss, I make said:

I putt well with my Scottie.  But hey why not.  The fitting should beinteresting

I currently rock a Scottie as well.. but I have a strong feeling L.A.B. is going to take over and stay. 

So interested in testing out this Lie Angle Balanced DF3 and see how it compares to my good ole Odyssey putter.

I have been intrigued for a few years but can't pull the trigger with price tag

What an awesome opportunity! Good luck to all entries! I’ve watched many videos on how these clubs are manufactured and have followed content creators (YouTubers) that use them. So cool to see them being used on the tour scene now as well. I’ve always been a fan of the different mallet look. 

I’ve had my eye on these since I first saw them. Tried one out at the golf shop and It felt incredible. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.