Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

I have been eyeing up LAB putters and the science behind them. This would be a great opportunity to compare to my scotty center shaft.

I've been lusting over a LAB putter.  It rolls so smooth on the showroom floor, would love to see how it performs on the course.  

Intrigued by the whole L.A.B concept and if they really can achieve the Holly Grail - make me not want to keep adding to my putter collection. Oh yes, make me a more consistent putter that would help. That probably is the vicious circle - keeping changing putter (for no good reason) and not be consistent, then change putter - you get it.

myputters.jpg.d58d5b2f91ecf52c3e3d05c73139b71e.jpg

Completely intrigued by these as someone who has always been a blade guy who has gone to face balanced when my putting stroke gets off.  

They seem to be one of the only companies innovating in golf.

I’ve been eyeing off a lab putter for almost a year now but with limited availability in Australia (and lefty) it’s so hard to test them out. What a serendipitous opportunity!

I was recently fit for clubs, and the company pushed hard to get me into the LAB putter. I have to admit I loved the feel but could not stand the look of that humongous head. Definitely not a pretty club (my opinion). I wonder what the result would be like on the course as opposed to in a controlled environment. 

I have went from mallet to blade over the past two seasons and last week i played with someone who had the df3... am willing to give my whole weekend for months to test this thing ahah. please MGS give to a golfer who cars for the game.

A good friend of mine has the previous version. I have used it a few times on practice greens. They look wild but are pure. Hoping I get the opportunity to test and share my findings.

I'd love to test the L.A.B. DF3 putter. With a 1.9 putt/hole average their new approach to putting might boost my game to a lower handicap

I have never really been a good putter, but now that my drives and Iron play are more consistent, I need to stop the bleeding on the green. Would love to test the L.A.B. DF3.

Truly an awesome putter.. One of the weekend warriors I occasionally play with uses one he picked up on vacation and it has seriously completed his end game. I've tried it and was amazed by how smooth the swing is, I mean you really had to try to get rotation out of it. Would love to be the next one on the course that could wipe out the 3 putt sign the follows me around. 

I believe this putter could improve my short game. Nothing  to lose and a lot to gain.

Would love to give it a run against my long, side-saddle putter.

with my long putter, if it doesn't fall, it always burns an edge, because of its ease of use.

Good luck to all and thanks for the shot at it.

3 hours ago, MeHappyGolfer said:

I was recently fit for clubs, and the company pushed hard to get me into the LAB putter. I have to admit I loved the feel but could not stand the look of that humongous head. Definitely not a pretty club (my opinion). I wonder what the result would be like on the course as opposed to in a controlled environment. 

Picked up my new DF3 yesterday and compared it to the new Odyssey AI Cruiser, the one that Rickie Fowler has made so popular, and the heads are almost identical in size front to back.  Because the shape of the DF3 is more curvy, I'd say it is overall smaller than the rectangular shape of the Cruiser.  The DF3 is big, but not humongous.

15 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

As a tester from '22, and a FIRM believer that the DF2.1 has completely changed my putting game, I would highly, strongly, other-words-that-mean-the-same thing encourage any/all of you to submit a video to L.A.B. for the online fitting - even just as an experiment.  It's free, and once the recommendation comes in, you'll be able to take those measurements and see if one of the floor-samples has the same set-up.  The technology really IS built to your specs, so if you're (like me) a lie-angle of 65-degrees, and you're in the store rolling a 70-degree model,  you might find yourself too upright and uncomfortable.  

Just some food for thought for those of you applying/considering a L.A.B.!

Well said - I get a little uneasy seeing people in PGASS purchase a LAB off the shelf (assumingly). The whole point of the design is to better fit a specific body type / swing path, so I can imagine a number of people try out a “stock” version (whatever that is), hate it, and never consider LAB in the future. 

Case in point, last time I was at my local PGA, I directed two different guys to the LAB site to show them the free fitting option after watching them hit a Link. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.