Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

I never been selected for any MyGolfSpy product testing but keep putting my name in the hat.  I would love to give the watch a workout.  I play at least once a week and currently use my iPhone and laser finder on the course for yardage.  So here's hoping!

I have been a user of GPS since the very first handheld. As soon as watches were available, I got one and haven't played without one since. Currently, I a using a Garmin S24 that I not only wear on the course, but full time as  casual and work timepiece. I would love to compare the v5

I'm 47 and looking to drop some shots this year.  I have used the Arccos system but found the putting tracking to not perform well.  This would often be distracting with having to edit the putts after every green to make sure it was logged correctly.  Ultimately, I gave up on the Arccos due to this fact alone and would enjoy the experience of trying something different.  My go to now is a range finder and using google maps to get an overview of the hole if needed to have a birds eye view of the hole in front of me.  I would love to give this an honest test.

Love the thought of a full test with the Shot Scope system.  Having been a Garmin Approach S20 user, I’ve come to love the info it process but can see the Shot Scope is a next level way of tracking….good luck and this will be a great thread to follow.

13 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

Love em.. honestly I had the Cleveland halo xl 3 wood before I got the gen 6 and struggled to be consistent with it..from the very first swing I could feel the difference with the PXG..what shaft is in ur 24°?

Whoops, meant 22°. I have it with the Tensei AV series 75HY Stiff.

I've been a Garmin guy for 5+ years.  It would be a great opportunity to compare and contrast with another company.

I currently use garmin epix gen 2 watch as well as iPhone Golfshot (for scoring) and Nikon laser rangefinder for pin distance.  It would be good to see how this watch compares to Garmin and the iPhone GPS.

36 minutes ago, FallenSaber said:

Whoops, meant 22°. I have it with the Tensei AV series 75HY Stiff.

Not sure if this is your problem or not but I had a bad issue with slicing my hybrid and all I swing is stiff flex shafts.. Come to find out, I reduce my swing speed while swinging a hybrid and needed a regular flex.. Guessing since it's smaller, my brain tells me to slow it down for solid contact.. Worked like a charm

I would love to test the Shot Scope V5. I have used a number of the phone apps that also have watch apps like Hole 19 and Golf Logix and have tried out others like Swing U, The Grint, 18 Birdies. I also have a range finder but would love to see the difference that the V5 would make in comparison for dialing in distances. I keep hearing from friends that I should try the Shot Scope or Arccos but haven’t pulled the trigger on that. As an older woman who is reasonably athletic, I would love to use it to get my handicap down. The phone apps are often disappointing because they don’t have updated maps and don’t show some hazards like sand traps that I really want distances on. The range finder is good but slow to use when the course is full. 

I'been using V3 since it first came out, and I would love to compare the difference vs V5, see if some of the little problems have been solved, see all the new features, and see if the watch could also be used out of the golf course.  

Used the V2 for a season and before being selected as one of the original Arccos reviewers at GolfSpy.

Still use Arccos but would like to review how the V5 stacks up and in particular the Data Analysis which was the main reason I dropped it in favour of Arccos.

Would be great to test the V5 and compare this to my V3!

So far, the V3 has helped me enormously in the analysis of my golf-game, especially for the approaches which significantly improved!

EJ

I'm very basic in my tracking, using GolfPad and my Samsung watch. It works fine, but I've been thinking about stepping it up with an advanced shot tracking all in one solution. Good luck everyone!

I would really like the chance to test these out. I currently use the free version of the Grint app, and I know these would give me better analytics and data on my swing, as well as help me with real-life understanding of my club distances!

Good Luck to the selected testers, I've had the V5 for a year now when it 1st came out.  Mostly got it on a recommendation for of my buddy who had the V3. 

I also have the Garmin vivo active smartwatch, what I should have done was get the Garmin tags to go with my watch because froma a GPS performance they're both the same. The smartwatch does other health tracking items for me that if incorporated with the V5 would be perfect.

The other challenge I have is need to do manual vs automatic as the automatic doesn't account for everything properly especially the putting and you have to remember all your penalty shots so you can adjust the scorecard with discrepancies.

Looks forward to reading the results to see what I'm probably doing wrong and how I can improve my experience.

I have a Bushnell wingman View but the system is hard to use and is better as a speaker for music than for yardage. I would like to see how an actual golf GPS system would  work.

So looking at the watch on their website. It looks as though it is a jack of all trades. GPS for courses, scorecard, tracking. Very impressive watch. Something like this would be amazing to have. Maybe a gift to myself here soon.

great opportunity to advance my game with the v5 , I have golfed with friends that use range finders and it consistently pays of for them.

I have been using a combination of my laser rangefinder and the Golfshot app on My IPhone. I would value the opportunity to compare the V5 which appears to have a combination of awesome features. 

I have been using a combination of my laser rangefinder and the Golfshot app on My IPhone. I would value the opportunity to compare the V5 which appears to have a combination of awesome features. 

I always play with my Garmin S62 and would love to see how this one compares!

Happy to give it an extensive testing and report back. 🙂

I would love to try this out. I track my stuff the old school way, in excel LOL. I would love to have a way to see the data quickly and probably more accurately. Good luck to all.

This Test is now closed to further comments.