Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,656 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Vice

1.jpg
Vice Golf released their new line of golf balls earlier this year. This was their first big refresh and update in the last four years and includes a new model in their lineup, the Vice Pro Air. The updates, however, are not limited to just a new golf ball as improvements have been introduced to each of the other four golf ball options. 

About Vice Golf 

Vice Golf is changing or, rather, evolving. A recent brand profile done by MGS’s John Barba goes more in depth about these changes. To give a brief overview for those who may have missed this excellent piece,  Vice Golf is a German DTC golf ball company that has been through a lot over the years. Vice Golf was created by two lawyers in 2010 and offers golf balls at competitive prices. They recently merged with HIO, Europe's premium fitting company, to further their R&D and use the massive library of data HIO has to create better golf balls for golfers of all skill levels.

ALL COLOUR BALLS.png

The Testing Opportunity 

For this testing opportunity, we are looking for 10 golfers to test, review and keep two dozen golf balls. We will be selecting two golfers for each model of Vice ball. The new line of Vice Golf balls includes their customary color options that will surely stand out, but we want to know how they perform against your gamer ball. 

The golf balls that will be included as part of this testing opportunity are the Vice Pro Plus, Vice Pro, Vice Pro Air, Vice Drive and Vice Tour. For a full breakdown on each golf ball and for whom they are intended, we've got you covered in our Vice Golf ball overview here. 

Additionally, golfers can go to the new Vice Golf fitting tool that helps fit you into the proper golf ball in seconds after answering a few questions. It’s free and well worth your time to see what Vice golf ball you fit into. 

pga_pro_plus_still1_0150.png

Ready to test some new golf balls? 

Pro_Air_Environment_Beam.png

*This testing opportunity is open to Forum members worldwide. 
*Registration ends May 24. 
*Testers will be announced on the Forum May 28.

All Drip Balls.png Shade Balls in Environment.png

149 Comments

I would love to get selected to test the Vice Air golf balls.   I'm always looking for the golf ball that will give me more distance, but at the same time some spin around the greens and a softer feel.  My driver speed is around 88-89 mph which gets me a little over 205 yards for a driver, better when wind-aided.  I like to play with a new golf ball, but at the same time a want a golf ball that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The Vice golf balls seem to fit those needs.  Last year I tried out the Vice Pro Plus.  It performed well but felt not as soft as I like the ball.  Also I don't know if my swing speed was a proper match with the Vice Pro Plus.

Great opportunity thanks to Vice and the MGS staff.

Looking forward to the comments/reviews of those selected to see if the improvements Vice made to the balls translates to lower scores or better performance in their games.

My oldest likes vice but he always uses ones that are colored.  I am red color blind and I can never see the ball.  If I get chosen hopefully I get either normal white or solid yellow the other colors or ones with several colors or sparkles I can't see as well 

I hope I just applied for this test.  The Vice ball selector said I should try the Vice Tour.  Not sure.  I have played the Vice Pro before.  I also got a few dozen of the Vice Pro Black balls a couple of years ago.  I can give you an opinion on those!  (Spoiler, black is a bad color for a golf ball.)

Nice! I use these all the time, and buy a lot of their limited editions (the be Valhalla balls look sick - can't wait for them to show up). They're surprisingly competitive for the price, and love the color offerings. (Obviously not signing up, because I already know these balls well). 

Who doesn't want to save a few dollars and play a top performing ball?  I'm always considering options these days. The overall cost of golf has gotten outta hand.  So I'm 100% interesting this opportunity.  Being a long term Titleist player, this year a chrome tour player, I'm definitely looking to get something that perform how I need in tournament play but at a substantial cost savings.  

I've heard a lot about the new iteration of Vice Balls so I'd definitely enjoy the opportunity to see what these can provide me and how they perform. 

Good luck to all who enter. 

I've got some good friends who are pretty good sticks and they really like Vice.  I have been thinking I should test out some Maxfli Tour X balls to compare to my proV1x's at a sig price break.  This would be a great test.

Thanks

Jim

I am very curious about the Vice golf balls. You hear many positive stories about it. a great opportunity to try a different ball. Otherwise I'll order them myself to try. ⛳💪

Definitely interested in the new balls. I’ve been playing the Pro Softs and Pro Plus. After 6 dozen of each I went with the Pro Soft for the last order. Better feel for my swing. Great balls for the price and colors if you are into them. Hopefully they have improved on the Softs. As great as added distance is I hope they don’t sacrifice feel. In fact if they improved on it all the better!

Passing on signing up for this test cause I’ve been a loyal vice pro plus user for the last 2 years. I did a head to head comparison on track man vs proV1x and there was no significant difference in the numbers. So why not save $25 a dozen?

I've played vice golf balls in the past, I really liked them. I thought they performed really well then. 

Have been a fan of the Vice Pro Plus for several years. I typically order 5 dozen of the colored to play. Especially during the dead months where it is harder to see the ball. Curious to the difference between the new model and the last. It was my go to for tournament play. Have been impressed with the new Taylormade TP5x. They play really well but still lean Vice Pro Plus due to value. I play them as well as any other ball so it’s hard to beat. 

I'm curious to see how the new Vice balls perform. I played them a lot until I got a ball fitting last season and saw how much better the Bridgestone Tour B X performed for me. I'd be curious to see how the new Vice stacks up to the Tour B X.

I've been playing the ProPlus for 2 years and Ballnamic has rated it my top ball with and without price consideration.

I've been using Chrome Soft X LS and TP5X for a while, but recently started using the Vice Pro (old model) and liked it. I found less distance, but more forgiving for me off the tee. Just got two boxes of Vice Pro Plus (old model because I needed that prime shipping to get here before a trip starting tomorrow). Excited at the opportunity to directly compare all of these to the new model.

Would love to have the opportunity to try the Vice Pro. I've been looking at these for a while. I am interested to see if they would be better than the Callaway warbird that I'm currently using. 

I’ve tried some different direct to consumer balls Snell encore and look forward to try the vice pro plus. Some of my golf buddies like them and say they compare well to the pro v1! I’m curious to see how the performance compares for length off the drive and the action with wedges to the green.

Been in the Taylormade family for recent times and it's been fine ... only complaint is the price and now it's same as Titleist. Might be in the market to switch it up and see

Would love to test the Vice Pro Air in white or yellow to compare and feel the difference between my Titleist tour soft and Callaway soft that are my go to  balls. The only time i have tried a Vice ball is when I've found one. I have heard good things about them but why change something that works for you without a free trial..... lol

On 5/18/2024 at 7:02 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

This one came together last minute and we are excited to have all of you have a chance to test, review and keep two dozen VICE golf balls for testing. 

Hit up their ball fitting app and let us know what VICE golf ball you would be interested in testing! We will have at least five new testers taking part of this testing opportunity!

Awesome opportunity, I always take the chance to play a Vice ball when I find them at my local proshop in South Africa, hard to come by down here! Shot my best round this past weekend using the Vice Pro so who knows, could be my go to ball in the near future! My test results came back and confirmed some of the feelings I had this weekend! Love the lime colour.

image.png.4f1a36f8367a885ac9ce945767064f23.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.