Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,363 signups
Equipment Type: Rangefinder
Vendor: Vortex

VortexTW.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum prides itself on bringing new brands and equipment to our member testing platform. Golf is growing and so are the brands entering the golfing industry. It can be difficult to keep track of them all and even harder to discern which brands are actually producing worthwhile equipment for consumers. This is where you come in.

About Vortex

Vortex Optics is an American company that makes high-end scopes, binoculars and rangefinders for hunting and other outdoor sports. In February, Vortex released golf-specific rangefinders.

With world-class optics and an unlimited, unconditional lifetime warranty, their new line of rangefinders has a lot of potential.

Their current lineup of rangefinders consists of three models: Anarch, Blade Slope and Blade. The Blade is the base version and includes a cart magnet and pin-spotter mode. The Blade Slope builds on those features by adding a slope function. The Anarch, their premium model, adds a red display and image stabilization. All models are tournament legal, shockproof and waterproof.

VortexRF2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

For this testing opportunity, we are looking for four golfers to test, review and keep a Vortex rangefinder. We will have the full lineup tested and select two golfers for the Anarch and one each for the Blade and Blade Slope.

We want to know how these perform against the best of the best, what they feel like and how accurate they really are. Can a new company really compete with the best rangefinders in golf? Let’s find out!

Do you think you are the perfect tester for this opportunity?

VortexRF.jpg

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

*Open to U.S. residents only.

*Registration closes June 19.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on June 25.

148 Comments

I know vortex makes great optics and I currently use a hunting one(Kilo1000 5x22mm)for golf. I would love to try a golf vortex rangefinder rather than a hunting one! 

I know vortex makes great optics and I currently use a hunting one(Kilo1000 5x22mm)for golf. I would love to try a golf vortex rangefinder rather than a hunting one! 

I would love to test another quality rangefinder. Right now I’m using a leupold which is also a hunting/rangefinder company.

Sweet test! I happened to see one of these in the wild last week on the course. Looking forward to the community call today for more info from Vortex!

currently I am using a GoGo V Sport rangefinder with slope on the course paired with my Blue Tees Player+ speaker and GPS Range that gives me yardage to the front/middle/back. My rangefinder has gotten a little iffy over the last few months (no it isn’t batteries, I tried that) so the Player + helps a ton to give me confidence in my number. 

I currently use a combination of a Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt and Garmin Watch for measuring hazards/layups/shot tracking.

I've been using Laser Rangefinders for a long time, probably 10+ years.  I've tried Bushnell, Nikon, Leupold and Callaway.  

My current model is Bushnell Pro C2 Slope Edition.  This one attracted me because of the ability to change from black letters/numbers in the viewfinder to RED LETTERS/NUMBERS IN THE VIEWFINDER, which makes the display information very easy to see.

This model gives you a buzz when locking in on the target.  It also has "slope" information, which is a great tool for learning how to estimate a slope's effect on your overall distance.

I have only lost one Laser Rangefinder in 10 years and that was within 5-10 minutes from taking my bag off the golf cart and forgetting to un-stick the magnetic sleeve on my rangefinder from the golf cart roof support. That was a $everal hundred dollar mi$take that I will never forget nor repeat.

I think that a good dependable laser rangefinder is a valuable piece of your golf equipment and should be carefully researched before purchasing.

3 minutes ago, ShimmyCocoBop said:

I've been using Laser Rangefinders for a long time, probably 10+ years.  I've tried Bushnell, Nikon, Leupold and Callaway.  

My current model is Bushnell Pro C2 Slope Edition.  This one attracted me because of the ability to change from black letters/numbers in the viewfinder to RED LETTERS/NUMBERS IN THE VIEWFINDER, which makes the display information very easy to see.

This model gives you a buzz when locking in on the target.  It also has "slope" information, which is a great tool for learning how to estimate a slope's effect on your overall distance.

I have only lost one Laser Rangefinder in 10 years and that was within 5-10 minutes from taking my bag off the golf cart and forgetting to un-stick the magnetic sleeve on my rangefinder from the golf cart roof support. That was a $everal hundred dollar mi$take that I will never forget nor repeat.

I think that a good dependable laser rangefinder is a valuable piece of your golf equipment and should be carefully researched before purchasing.

I too forgot it once on the cart. Now, when I stick my magnetic rangefinder on the cart, I always put my car keys in the rangefinder case. Haven't forgotten it since!

Mentioned before in other threads, my Voice Caddy doesn't hold a charge for a full round anymore, so I've been looking around.  Have the original V1 version.  In the interim, I've been using the GPS on the GHIN app (free version, not with green reading), but very interested in testing our a range finder.

Huge fan of Vortex.  I use their optics for hunting (binoculars and scope).  High quality offerings, and an exceptional warranty program.  Actually just tried out one of their golf polos and was very impressed.  If only they were able to come out with a combined hunting/golfing rangefinder... that would truly be something.

🎉🔥❤️🏌️😍  Would love to test the Anarch! I have shaky hands so finding a rangefinder is tricky. The image stabilization would certainly assist me significantly. I have several others to compare it too as well.

This Test is now closed to further comments.