Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,363 signups
Equipment Type: Rangefinder
Vendor: Vortex

VortexTW.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum prides itself on bringing new brands and equipment to our member testing platform. Golf is growing and so are the brands entering the golfing industry. It can be difficult to keep track of them all and even harder to discern which brands are actually producing worthwhile equipment for consumers. This is where you come in.

About Vortex

Vortex Optics is an American company that makes high-end scopes, binoculars and rangefinders for hunting and other outdoor sports. In February, Vortex released golf-specific rangefinders.

With world-class optics and an unlimited, unconditional lifetime warranty, their new line of rangefinders has a lot of potential.

Their current lineup of rangefinders consists of three models: Anarch, Blade Slope and Blade. The Blade is the base version and includes a cart magnet and pin-spotter mode. The Blade Slope builds on those features by adding a slope function. The Anarch, their premium model, adds a red display and image stabilization. All models are tournament legal, shockproof and waterproof.

VortexRF2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

For this testing opportunity, we are looking for four golfers to test, review and keep a Vortex rangefinder. We will have the full lineup tested and select two golfers for the Anarch and one each for the Blade and Blade Slope.

We want to know how these perform against the best of the best, what they feel like and how accurate they really are. Can a new company really compete with the best rangefinders in golf? Let’s find out!

Do you think you are the perfect tester for this opportunity?

VortexRF.jpg

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

*Open to U.S. residents only.

*Registration closes June 19.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on June 25.

148 Comments

I've owned two Leupold rangefinders but my latest one is about 6 years old. Technically it still works but has some issues with slope disconnecting, looking to see what else is out there, these guys may have the formula.  

Currently using a golf buddy range finder and the Grint/Golf Canada apps for shot and score tracking 

Good luck everyone! To follow up on my answers in the form:

• I currently have a CaddyTec rangefinder (Costco Special), but rarely use it
  • I typically rely on my Garmin watch / golf app first, and the Bushnell Wingman speaker / app second for distance

I'll be comparing against a Precision Pro on multiple courses 2 to 3 times per week. 

I'll deliver a great comparison.  I might even borrow a few other models from the lost and found to test against. 

Thanks for the consideration. 

Clubs by Buzz

Good luck to those that are applying for the test.  You will LOVE them!  I have used vortex for years.  they are great range finders.  I use them for my bino's, range finder, and spotting Scopes, and Scopes.   Their costumer support is second to none!  I know that this is a golf forum but I have to brag on how great of an experience I have had with them. I had clients coming, and my spotting scope got blown over and snapped the neck of my spotting scope.  I overnighted it to them and they fixed or got me a new one delivered hours before my clients pulled in.

As always, great job MGS for another opportunity to test products. Been thinking about a range finder for over a year but have not pulled the trigger. Long time Garmin golf watch user and it's probably just another habit preventing me from improving my game. Wish it was the only habit I have to change.

I've got a bunch of friends and family that use Vortex optics for hunting.

One of the big things that folks I know love about them is the no-questions-asked lifetime warranty. If your optics break for any reason (even something like you accidentally back over it with your truck) they'll replace it, no questions asked. Anyone know if that applies to their golf equipment as well?

Would love to test! Familiar with other Vortex products and they are legit, the real deal! Eager to try, currently use S20 Garmin watch, which works great. I have tried cheaper rangefinders and they aren't the easiest to use.

This is totally badass!! I love the Vortex Optics for the shooting sports! So I'm totally pumped to see them now doing golf rangefinders. The Anarch would be killer with that image stabilization, since my hands aren't as steady as they used to be. 🙂

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

That is correct,  you can only have one active test and the preference is that you only test one product per year.  

Got ya.. appreciate the info!

I have a scope and red dot by them, great quality. Glad to see they are getting into the golf business!

Appreciate the opportunity and excited to see the results!

I’ve been waiting for this test. From somebody who has a lot of rifle scopes and binoculars vortex is a company. I can definitely standby. Their social media content is in half bad either!

After years of using Bushnells, I'm currently giving a Nikon Coolshot GIII a go. I checked out Vortex in hunting scopes and binoculars, and am intrigued to see how this golf laser stacks up against what I've used the last 10 years or so

This Test is now closed to further comments.