Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,057 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: Graphite Design

1.jpg

Testers Wanted

This season there have been a lot of different driver shafts tested through MyGolfSpy Forum member testing and it wouldn’t be a complete season without including Graphite Design. 

About Graphite Design

Established in 1989 in Japan and 1997 in the USA, Graphite Design Inc. has been at the forefront of golf shaft innovation for over three decades. Their founder, Mr. Megumi Yamada, worked to revolutionize the industry with his cutting-edge lamination technology. This works to ensure their shafts are both lightweight and incredibly strong. This advanced technology, coupled with state-of-the-art design and the finest materials, makes Graphite Design shafts the premier choice for both professional and amateur golfers.

Graphite Design's "Tour AD" logo stands for "Accuracy and Distance," a promise that their shafts aim to deliver consistently. These key competitive advantages have helped countless golfers optimize their performance. Their shafts have been the most dominant on the JGTO (Japan Golf Tour Organization) Tour for the past ten years, and they continue to support professional golfers worldwide.

With some of the most iconic shafts in golf we are excited to bring them to our member testing platform this season.

3.jpg

Testing Opportunity Details

We are seeking eight golfers to test the Graphite Design Tour AD premium shafts. As a tester you will get to test, review and keep a Graphite Design Tour AD shaft of your choice. 

We want to know how the Tour AD line of shafts compares to your current gamer. Where does it excel and where do you think it could get a little better? Real feedback for real golfers with a wide variety of handicaps and abilities. 

Testers will be asked to provide on course feedback, launch monitor data and comparisons to their current driver shaft over a four week testing period. 

Do you want to test a new driver shaft? 

2.jpg

*Open to North American forum members only.

*Registration closes on June 26.

*Testers will be announced on the forum on July 2.

118 Comments

What an awesome opportunity! I just finished playing their HD 6x in my Stealth before switching to different shaft and head combos this year. Have played the DI and IZ shafts in the past, they always make a great product. Intrigued by the VF!

Thanks for putting this together MGS and Graphite Design. This is right up my alley. I currently play Tour AD shafts in my driver (IZ-6S), 4 wood(UB-6S) and 6 wood (UB-6S). They make such a stable shaft. I would love to compare the TP shaft in 5R to my IZ in 6S on my driver. Does the liter shaft equate to faster speed? Does the spin go up or down? Is Dispersion affected and if so is Positive or negative way? My MLM2 pro and I would have a field day with this test.

I'm generally a bit more minimalist in my style preferences in a golf club but love the looks of these shafts, nice color combos and really digging the retro vibe

Shame it's NA only again.  I play AD-DI in my hybrids but never had any joy with it in my driver or 3w.  I had had the AD-HD in a PXG driver and liked it though.  Would love to see if I could get more out of my Ping G430LST with a change of shaft.  

Graphite Design shafts are Amazing! What a great opportunity to for the lucky 8 testers.  Good luck everyone.  

Hd6 looks like an interesting profile based on charts being mid launch and low spin. Seems like a great fit for my game. Currently using a ventus blue. I do like my Fujikura and the feel it generates. Would be interested to see how they compare.

I have been looking into these shafts for some time, I was lucky to hit an AI Smoke Max with a VF-6 S in it and it felt awesome! I have never been a low launch/spin shaft golfer since I typically do not have the swing speed to match, but it was so smooth. Based on the fitting chart they offer, I'd love to try the UB since it has a little more spin and launch it seems, and see how it compares to my Tensei AV Orange in my Ping G425 on the course and on our Full Swing Sim to look at the numbers. Good luck to all!

Would love the opportunity to play one of the premium shafts in the business. Fairways beware! 😉

Another great opportunity to test out a custom driver shaft! Maybe I can get rid of my 2 way miss and stop having to swing like a old fogey to keep my tee shots strait! Thank you Graphite Design and Mgs!!!

Holy crap would I love to try the IZ shaft- shew it looks like everything and more that I struggle around with my drivers can be fitted perfect and let me concentrate on other issues in my game!  

I currently have a Mitsubishi Tensi White X-Stiff in my Gen5 XF and would love to see what something else could offer me distance and dispersion wise. There are times that when I got my driver I was a little ambitious when it came to flex. At the time of my fitting I wasn't confident in myself nor my ability to control the club head. Swinging the shafts they had in-house the head felt like it was moving all over the place and I was chasing it around. I probably should have waited on my purchase, but they had the Gen5's on sale so I took the dive.

I have learned to hit my current setup but would love to see if something else would help me tighten up my dispersion pattern. Maybe dropping down to a Stiff shaft will help. My swing speed according to the launch monitor I play on quite a bit (Garmin R10) my swing speeds average about 100. I would say I am in the Stiff flex zone more so than the X-Stiff. 

It is not like I hate my current setup as it is in the bag. It would just be nice to be able to have something to test and see if it fits my swing and play better. This would be a great opportunity for me to do this. I could easily provide all kinds of data from the launch monitor from both shafts. Plus with my ability to do some tinkering with clubs I could possibly swap out adapters and test with different heads. I have access to two Cobra heads (both currently have the same Mitsubishi Tesni White X-Stiff) as well. Being able and willing to test across multiple heads apples to apples on the shafts actually sounds like fun (and yes I know I am selling myself really hard here might as well.) 

Good luck to everyone on this one. Hopefully whomever gets picked will get good numbers out of the choice of shaft and will also be able to provide a great review. 

What a great test. Good luck to those entering. I’m doing the Sun Mountain bag test now, but what’ an opportunity to test some great quality shafts.

This Test is now closed to further comments.