Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,056 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: Graphite Design

1.jpg

Testers Wanted

This season there have been a lot of different driver shafts tested through MyGolfSpy Forum member testing and it wouldn’t be a complete season without including Graphite Design. 

About Graphite Design

Established in 1989 in Japan and 1997 in the USA, Graphite Design Inc. has been at the forefront of golf shaft innovation for over three decades. Their founder, Mr. Megumi Yamada, worked to revolutionize the industry with his cutting-edge lamination technology. This works to ensure their shafts are both lightweight and incredibly strong. This advanced technology, coupled with state-of-the-art design and the finest materials, makes Graphite Design shafts the premier choice for both professional and amateur golfers.

Graphite Design's "Tour AD" logo stands for "Accuracy and Distance," a promise that their shafts aim to deliver consistently. These key competitive advantages have helped countless golfers optimize their performance. Their shafts have been the most dominant on the JGTO (Japan Golf Tour Organization) Tour for the past ten years, and they continue to support professional golfers worldwide.

With some of the most iconic shafts in golf we are excited to bring them to our member testing platform this season.

3.jpg

Testing Opportunity Details

We are seeking eight golfers to test the Graphite Design Tour AD premium shafts. As a tester you will get to test, review and keep a Graphite Design Tour AD shaft of your choice. 

We want to know how the Tour AD line of shafts compares to your current gamer. Where does it excel and where do you think it could get a little better? Real feedback for real golfers with a wide variety of handicaps and abilities. 

Testers will be asked to provide on course feedback, launch monitor data and comparisons to their current driver shaft over a four week testing period. 

Do you want to test a new driver shaft? 

2.jpg

*Open to North American forum members only.

*Registration closes on June 26.

*Testers will be announced on the forum on July 2.

118 Comments

Just upgraded my driver to the Paradym AI and would love to test the shaft vs the stock one was fitted for. Went to golftec today and asked what AD shaft is best so we’ll see

Always been intrigued by the real plus-value of playing premium shafts.

Here's a simple chart to help you decipher Graphite Design Tour AD's offering:

I'd personally go with the popular Tour AD DI 6X in black!

image.png.01680aa944778b33d0238be758467883.png

I think im getting closer and closer to finally being convinced I need a launch monitor. Especially to be able to do test like this one. Though I just found out a range not too far from me has SkyTrak in all the bays.

I sampled a few GD shafts when I got fit. Would be interested to see what the comparison would be out on the actual course and not on a simulator. 

Have heard good things about this line but have never tried them during a fitting session.  Would love to give them a few swings out in the wild and compare them to my current standard Hzrdus Blue RDX in my Cobra LTDx head.

I currently have one of these shafts in my drive. Who ever is lucky enough to get picked will not be disappointed!

I would love to try the VR against my Motore X F3 to see if there are any added benefits in distance and/or dispersion!!

Thanks MGS for another great opportunity! 
I’m really interested to compare my UB to the VR. According to GD’s chart the UB is more likely to hit fades, which is definitely my experience with it while the VR is suppose to make it more likely to draw the ball. I would love to test that assertion! 

I’ve used a couple of GD shafts in the past, but the feeling was a little too rigid. Hoping the VF will perform as well or better than my Fujikura NX Green. 

I really hope i get picked. I got a net and a garmin R10. Looking at a shaft change already 

PXL_20240519_035532356.jpg

First used a shaft in 1989 made by a company called Torayco, which was the predessor of  graphite design ! It gave me amazing distance compared to the Dynamic Gold S300 that I was using at the time  !! What a difference it made !!

what an opportunity!!! seriously tour ad shafts are probably one of the best out there.. cant wait to see how he VF performs.Good luck everyone 

I have wanted to try a GD Tour AD shaft for a while now.   Sure I have the Ventus TR Black, but I wanted to see how a GD Tour AD UB or VF stacked up against it--particularly the UB.

Wow, what a great opportunity to see what is available beyond EOM. This is a breakthrough year for me and I would really enjoy any help to improve my game.

Lets these things tested! I want to know what to buy to get my slice and duck hooks fixed!

I've been wanting to try one of these premium Graphite Designs shafts, but I've never had the nerve to try to justify the price. It would be interesting to see what I'm missing out on and if the price to performance ratio is better, worse, or the same as my preconceived notions. 

I’m looking forward to this one. My coach suggested the XC-7 for me. Hopefully, we’ll see someone similar to me compare this with the common Tensei shafts we see coming with drivers lately. 

I would be honored to try something that most people dont even consider when wanting a better ball flight and longer distance, a Great Shaft! I am ready!!

This Test is now closed to further comments.