Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

Using old cheap bombtech wedges. Have been flirting with idea of some higher quality wedges. This is perfect for my gaps too

What a great opportunity! And the perfect time as I'm going through rebuilding my bag to new clubs!

Recently got fitted for a vokey wedge. Haven’t purchased. Would like to hear an experience of comparison of in-person vs online before committing.  

As someone who has never been fit for clubs I would be very interested to see what the recomendations would be for my swing type and skill level. I have played golf my whole life, but have never taken the time / been given the opportunity for a professional fitting. 

Currently playing Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges in 52.10, 56.12 and 60.10, but only because the 60 degree was an anniversary option at my old company. Figured I would just fill out the bag with them. They have been great, but I am sure they are not the "right fit" for me. 

Would be a huge opportunity and can’t wait to see the outcome depending on results. Will it work and is it accurate?  What decreases will one see depending on results?  I’ve been searching for my wedges so definitely interested 

Thanks again to MGS and Titleist/Vokey. I need some new wedges, so timing is great ;-> Love the idea of the app. Let's go! Good luck to all!

Would be cool to have the opportunity to test this! Been struggling with my wedges as of late with left missed. 

What a cool opportunity! I would love to try this out. Was fitted for irons but not wedges. Good luck to all!

OMG yes. Could seriously use help inside 75 yards. Too many chunks, thins, tops. Easily adds 10 strokes to my game.

Haven't been able to get new wedges in years - would love to have a fitting to get on the right path

I just purchased Taylormade MG4 50/56/60 degree wedges. SB/HB/LB.

I would be able to compare these and provide a great review!

I've been looking at these wedges for awhile now. I got a great fitting for irons and hybrids this season. We were running short on time so he squeezed in a less than 10 shots for wedges at the end. It seemed like he just threw out a few wedges to get between grind, shaft, and degree. I ended up never buying because I did my own research and their recommendations didn't really fit the type of conditions I play usually. 

This is a great opportunity and I am excited to see the results the tests end up seeing when playing with their new clubs. 

Curious to find out if the app will do the work, happy to read human interaction is not fully excluded and perception, feel etc., is taking into account. I've used a lot of apps to analyse my swings but that didn't include a fitting feature, therefore it sounds very interesting. Though not gonna lie, doubtful how accurate the app will be. Looking forward reading the reviews! Good luck for everyone who applied. 

ThE mAcHiNe'S aRe CoMiNg FoR oUr FiTtEr'S jObS!  Seriously, though, this sounds like a really cool system.  Looking forward to seeing the result, and best of luck to all!

This would be very interesting - I won an SM8-60° a couple years ago and play it pretty well, but my prized wedges are an old Nike 56° and an ancient (1980, what does that make me) Wilson FG-17 PW that I use as a gap wedge (~50°).

Something about the old Nike and the Wilson just feel right and the SM-8 is really close, but it was a raffle win and maybe just not exactly right for me.

The only "fitting" experience I have so far is what you get a demo days - and I end up going more by feel (and, sorry to admit it, looks) and if the ball went where I was trying to hit it.

Would be great to participate, will be interesting to read results otherwise.

On 6/17/2024 at 7:46 AM, revkev said:

Very cool.

Just don't replace the fitter with a robot please! 😂 ... which is sadly the future the OEMs are probably gunning for.

🤖

All the different grinds are enough to put me into analysis paralysis.  If this app works and I don't have to think through every option that would be swell 😁

I am interested to find out the difference between the virtual fitting recommendations and the actual fitting based off of live data. 

This seems like a very interesting test. I'm curious how this well this works with so little time for data collection. Good luck to everyone!

On 7/13/2024 at 8:40 AM, Smpete06 said:

I definitely had to press the button three times. The first two were times it jus reloaded the forum page again. 

My link isn't even highlighted to press! This has been going on for a few weeks now. 🤔

35 minutes ago, nvizble1 said:

My link isn't even highlighted to press! This has been going on for a few weeks now. 🤔

It's because you've tested this season and you are not eligible yet.

I'm really curious to hear the results here.

To be honest, the idea of a short discussion and 15 ish shots before having me spend a lot of money scares the crap out of me. Especially with wedges, since you can't test bunker performance and other wedge-specific items in a simulator. 

The claim of a handful of shots and a few questions honestly sounds like they've developed something like a cookie cutter matrix to shove people into as quickly as possible. I'll be curious to hear what the selected testers have to say. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.