Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

PXG has always been edgy. They have stuck to their brand strategy, and I think it’s finally paying dividends. Thank you MGS for including them in the lineup. I’m eagerly awaiting the review and hoping I get to be one to write it. 

So excited to see that PXG is gonna be apart of this wonderful project. I’ve been impressed with their products in the past. I’ve never gotten to play their irons before. 

I’ve heard nothing but good things about PXG in recent years. Their brand has never really made its way into my bag for no reason in particular. Looking forward to seeing how these new irons stack up. Great job forum staff securing PXG as a testing testing partner!

PXG has always been a want, for me, but out of price range. I feel their fitting is some of the best, so this is a great opportunity to find out how good they really are. A great opportunity.

Pretty legit to have another brand join the testing community! I’ve only ever gotten to use a PXG putter which I absolutely loved! (Someone else bought it before I could come back and snag it sadly) can’t wait to see how these irons stack up on testing. They have a really sweet look about them!

I play pxg 0311p irons and gen 6 0311xf driver. By far the best clubs I have hit and the fitting process is top notch. Would love to give these new irons a go 

Would love to test new PXG irons. Previously played Gen 4 XP irons which were stolen. Replaced with Ping 430 irons. (It's a long story)  Prefer PXGs.

I started switching over slowly but surely to the PXG 0211 last year, at first I tried a buddies of mine and was so impressed that I started the transition, my other clubs were Callaways, which at the time were good, but these PXG blows them away! Love to be a part of the testing!!

What an incredible opportunity for The Forum. PXG may be a polarizing brand, but I've heard great things about their more recent releases. Very excited to hear how these irons stack up to the competition. Doesn't hurt that they look SICK!! Best of luck to all applying - I'm sure it'll be quite a few!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I hope everyone newish or who hasn't been selected yet reads this!

PLEASE!

Read it, learn it, live it!! Absolutely the best advice you could hope to find on becoming a tester for MGS!! Thanks Jamie!!

These are a good looking club. I am starting to see a lot of PXG the brand round. Which tells me they are a reputable company. I would love to see how these compare to my G425’s. 

Happy Golfing!!

I have looked at the clubs over the years and the only thing that stopped me was the price. Several guys in my Saturday military veterans group play them and I like the feel of the clubs. 

The new Black Ops irons look amazing and would love to test them.

Wife and I had a good fitting at Berkeley Hall in Bluffton. She got driver and fairways. My fitting wasn’t fair. I was too inconsistent that day. I play Sub70 699 V2 irons and would like to try out this brand for more than an hour on the range. 

I remember when the Gen 1's hit the market and I was genuinely impressed with the performance and quality of the line. I bought a set of Gen 3 0311p irons and as much as I loved the feel, I couldn't control them. Distance control and accuracy were lightyears away from the P790's and Apex Pro's I tested them against head-to-head. As much as I wanted to love them, I couldn't play them and that hurts to say being a Veteran. 

It's going to be a huge opportunity to whoever gets picked for this test. Hopefully, they will have the availability to test them against other iron models in the same category like I would. 

Interested to know what these could do for me. Working at a golf course I could definitely give a thorough review if chosen to be a tester. Thanks 

This Test is now closed to further comments.