Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

Currently with a Ping Kushin double blade. Would love to try out this new on the greens. I golf 2-3 times a week yet still shoot between 85-110 depending if golfing with my guys and how many drinks I had. I work at a golf course, and I’m the primary cup cutter. I know my greens well, and love putting. Love Chipping, love my approach shots. s*** I love golf! 

Very interested in this. Looked at LAB a bunch of times and have changed putters so many times looks promising and thoughtful. Fingers crossed to test 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞. Looked at this and the sugar daddy wedge a bunch.

1 hour ago, dougfalk said:

Wow. Been wanting to try the lab putters for a while. From what I've read, people seem to like this putter a lot. The only club in my bag that isn't PXG is the putter. They have great clubs and are often overlooked due to how brash the company is. I was telling my nephew yesterday that I should just buy the Allan. Putting has been a nightmare of late 😒

Do it! It's not you... It's your putter 🙂 Then tell us how it goes!

I was recently fitted for, and purchased, the LAB Mezz.1 putter. I would love to do a comparative review of the LAB vs the PXG!

I started switching to PXG last year, it was the best move I could of ever made, they have given confidence, excitement for the game of golf, and the fun I was missing. I am looking forward to trying the new putter to add another PXG club to my arsenal!

2 hours ago, Levithan88 said:

Do it! It's not you... It's your putter 🙂 Then tell us how it goes!

To ask the wife or try to hide it... 🤣

I have always like what I've read about the PXG products and would love to try this putter!  It would create a great comparison with my Odyssey that I  currently use.

Thank you for the opportunity if chosen. 

Wayne

sign me in for this Tester stuff , have a LAB link 1 , scotty Newport . will be in a better position to understand the Output . I live in India though .

Very interested in the putter as many are, I think the development of zero torque putters as a whole has the potential to change the face of putters but it has to have the option of different fits, styles and preferences that's currently lacking.

I think as companies like PXG break ground into the market the popularity will continue to grow and we will see more and more companies start to offer a zero lag putter.

As a new golfer it would be interesting to see how or if it benefits my currently poor putting at all or if it's only noticeable for more experienced golfers 

8 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

Here it is, sorry I was golfing earlier!!

IMG_9856.jpeg

IMG_9857.jpeg

IMG_9858.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg

IMG_9860.jpeg

IMG_9861.jpeg

IMG_9862.jpeg

IMG_9863.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

Good grief , that collection is the start to a heck of a fitting studio. Lol

I've tried the LAB DF 3 several times at my local Golf Galaxy, and came close to pulling the trigger. The zero torque concept seems to work for me. I have an Odyssey Versa 12, and absolutely love the alignment aid on it. The alignment aid on the PXG Allan looks a lot like my Versa. So, between the zero torque and the alignment aid, I'm very intrigued by this putter. I would love the chance to test it out.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:49 PM, NotScratchYet said:

I'm interested in this one.  I have followed this putter since its release and heard great things.  Seeing other companies try zero torque is good for the game. 

I look forward to reading about this one, as it may end on my golf budget list very soon.  Shoot, I think I will start walking more and just throw that cart money back for this one!

I agree with you all on this one. I would love to try this putter out. I have a Ping and Odyssey putter at this time. 

I would be honored to help test this putter. I have a PXG driver that I love. And I just purchased a new putter cover for my mallet Odyssey putter that would fit this PXG Allen putter. 

I read the review and thought to myself how much I would love to try this new putter. But I had just ordered another Toulon putter after having my old Toulon Indianapolis putter get damaged in travels. Can’t justify spending that kind of money just trying the new technology out. The idea of a zero torque putter, the S neck, I bet this putter will be a game changer for those that get fitted for one. I even like the esthetics of the putter head design. The fact that they even designed in a ball grabber in the bottom, again rather different but interesting. I can only hope that I get a chance for this one, especially since we have a PXG fitting location near me. Then I can truly hang up my Toulon Indianapolis.

So whilst I have signed up I have to say I'm very sceptical of what it could offer, but I'm a putter ho'. Could it find a place in my current collection

myputters.jpg.bed92038a52a1e19bbb86161c997c44b.jpg

PXG to me have always struck me as an expensive brand that sell because people want to be seen using them, not because of what it actually delivers. Yes I've not done much to get rid of that perception so I'm happy to be proven wrong and put it up against my gamer Odyssey Seven with Kotahi, but it will have a hard job shifting it out of the bag

Wow, so many of you have such great putter collections! Especially those of you with LAB putters. I just want to find the one that fits and works for me to score with. My Toulon Indianapolis did just that until it got damaged. I have had many rounds where I had 9 to 11 one putts in a round. The right putter can really make a scoring difference.

Currently, My Odyssey two-balls doesn’t have a ball picker upper thingy and I would rather like one.  See, I am getting a tad older and need to conserve as much energy on the course as I can.  If I eliminated 18 squats per round it will help me hit an extra 10 yards a hole then that is a win.  Since this PXG putter has a ball picker upper thingy I will hit farther and maybe closer to the hole!!!  It looks great as well.  Wonder if it has built in radar to help my putts go in as well?

This Test is now closed to further comments.