Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

This is one I’m very curious of - I honestly have a $90 Cleveland 2135 RHO putter. I’ve always wondered what could really be improved with my putting given it is the strongest part of my game. I feel so confident on the putting green that I will at a minimum 2 putt from anywhere.(I some times feel I’d be better off 100 yards out to whip the putter out! LOL) That second one is usually awfully close to a very short if not a tap in kind of putt. My goal is to 2 putt every green and given how 40% of your round is spent on the green I have invested a lot of time on putting. I have the devil ball, pressure trainer, mat, and a few other tools I use to practice. When playing a round I may swing 1-3 times at the range and then I’m on the putting surface dialing in my speed and stroke. I took a lot of time in analyzing how Bryson was locking everything down in his putting mechanics and I developed a very rigid and repeatable approach to putting. I focus so much on face control (devil ball is very helpful in this) which I think the LAB, Allen, and based on the latest podcast episode sounds like other companies are getting into this torque game. 

I’ve had a hard time convincing myself my putting could ever be improved and how I could justify $400-$600 on these elite putters. I know clubs can help your performance but at the end of the day it is your swing and your eye that reads the putt. Good luck to who ever test and I hope they really grind over the results and data to help us know the answer to….”is it worth it?”. 

I seriously considering this putter to replace my odyssey.  I have looked already to book a fitting.  Pick me and you will get a superior review. 

The PXG brand quality has slipped significantly over the past 5 years. All the hype is gone. Hope they have seen the light and transition back to what they once were. Interested in seeing the results of this Zero torque putter. My findings on putts less than 30 feet the whole torque play is a pure marketing ploy with zero sum gain. 

Last night I posted a comment wishing for this to be a testing opportunity!  Almost bought a new mallet yesterday to replace my old Tour Edge HP 05 but didn’t.  Maybe the universe (golfiverse?) was trying to tell me something.  I hope, I hope, I hope.

I have been using a face balanced center shaft putter for several years. I see great innovation in this PXG putter and would really love to test one. My daily routine involves making a 9’ putt in my basement workshop - 50 to 100 per day (must make at least 25 in a row). I do a daily workout as well and track putts and workout activities (pushups, etc.). I played American Dunes this week and scored a remarkable 76 (36-40). A couple of non-accurate drives on back 9 cost me a few bogeys. Putting has saved several strokes since adopting a practice routine 2 years ago. I have to warn you - If I receive the opportunity to test this PXG VERY INNOVATIVE putter it will get a severe workout as I play 4-5 days a week and practice almost every day. Take a look at my putting workout video. I use a grass like carpet with a very old ball return device that I was given as a Christmas present several years back. 
Please give me the opportunity to test - you will not regret!

Definitely interested in this one. PXG blades and a black ops driver in my bag and would love a reason to spend a bunch of time on the practice green testing this one!

Would definitely like to compare to the taylormade tp dupage currently in use for the last 3 years and performs very well. Like the mallet style and would be interested in the more centered shaft design.

I haven't been signing up for recent testing opportunities because I was selected once this year (Squairz VELO golf shoes), but I am hoping that I will be considered for this test, because I REALLY need to make a putter change and this putter seems to be something that would benefit my putting.

3 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I haven't been signing up for recent testing opportunities because I was selected once this year (Squairz VELO golf shoes), but I am hoping that I will be considered for this test, because I REALLY need to make a putter change and this putter seems to be something that would benefit my putting.

I read the tester guidelines as shoes and ball tests being 'small' tests and meeting all the requirements for those and doing  good job will help with with your chance of being selected for the more substantial tests, like clubs. Good luck!

Color pattern reminds me of the old Never Compromise Voodoo putter I had as a kid. Would love to test this out. 

Oh man, what another fantastic testing opportunity. Going to stick with my L.A.B. Broomstick, but I actually hope a L.A.B. User is selected to test this one so that we can go a true zero torque user to do a direct comparison. Make it happen @GolfSpy_APH!

This is exciting, been looking at some new putter options lately. This is towards the top of my list.

Love PXG irons and have heard good things about the putters. I have a couple of friends who have one and they say it's the best they've ever had. Would love the opportunity to test one of these bad boys.

Would love to test this one. I currently game a custom made Bradley putter, but am very intrigued by LAB, and now this Zero torque putter and how they compare

56 minutes ago, PJVicary said:

The PXG brand quality has slipped significantly over the past 5 years. All the hype is gone. Hope they have seen the light and transition back to what they once were. Interested in seeing the results of this Zero torque putter. My findings on putts less than 30 feet the whole torque play is a pure marketing ploy with zero sum gain. 

It's funny how perceptions can vary so widely. I personally feel like PXG has done a very good job transitioning from high end exclusivity, To a more affordable set up. 

The only light they were seeing in my opinion is 80 percent of golfers couldn't afford their clubs, or had the perception they couldn't. Now that they are more affordable, everyone can consider something from PXG.

Would be very happy to try this putter. I have several center shafted putters and currently use a SC Golo 5. I like the setup and alignment line but the feel is a bit harsh. This neck would seem to solve that issue plus being able to pick up the ball is a bonus.

I would love to test the putter as I have the PXG Black Ops clubs and if the putter is as good as the clubs, WOW.

I have played only long neck type putters with a face balance. This could be a new experience since it's almost like my SC but in mallet form. Very interested!!

Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.Not sure what this is about at all. My PXG fitter in West Chester NY sent me text about this. Alex at PXG peeked my curiosity but not enough to drive from CT. Between my wife and brother-in-law PXG has offered to pay for our hotel rooms and gas.🤥 We own Gen4's, 5's and 6's. Various PXG, Scotty's, Sacks Parente, Odyssey putters. Turns out my wife gravitates to blade's and I am strictly mallet. 

S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke. This is my style and most comfortable design on all my putters.

Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll. Until I see this I have no opinion. I am open to what works for me.

Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over. I am 65 yrs old but this is  a low on the priority list of why I choose a putter. However, I love the pick up capability of my wife's PXG Mustang and the retired Odyssey Mallet. I currently go bak and forth between the Sacks series 54 and Scotty Special Select Flowback and unfortunately they do not pick up the ball or easily.

I really like both the Flowback and 54. I would consider myself an avg putter with a lot of room for improvement. If this is different/special I welcome the chance to figure that out. If my wife likes it I will be really impressed.

Respectfully, Kevin Zak

IMG_0276 copy.jpeg

IMG_0277 copy.jpeg

IMG_0278 copy.jpeg

This Test is now closed to further comments.