Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,231 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

image.png

Who is ready to play in some wet weather conditions to tell us more about Galway Bay Rain Gear?

WHY GALWAY BAY?
- Tailored for performance
- Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32
- Attention to detail
- When we say waterproof, we mean it.
image.png

image.png   image.png

From the MGS Most Wanted Testing: Best runner-up rain suit under $500 goes to Galway Bay. A veteran in the Rain Gear Test, the All Weather suit performs well once again. It has some small tweaks in its design but the performance was never compromised. The water runs off with ease but the suit remains breathable in warmer conditions. Throw in customizable pant lengths and you have a top performer in 2021.

We are looking for 5 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to try, test and review a complement of Galway Bay Rain Gear.

This test is open to our membership worldwide!

Fair weather golfers need not apply!

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

162 Comments

I bought a Galway Bay set due to the last test, and remain insanely pleased. I seldom play in the rain, and the present set is still in great condition, so while it would be cool to get the new stuff, I think it would be better to pass, and let someone else have the opportunity. Good luck to the chosen!

Would sure love to check out Galway Bay rain gear. The weather we've had here so far this season has been rainiest on record and we've had to play through some real downpours.

El Niño is hitting the west coast and I’m heading to Bandon this November as I have the last 9 Novembers. I’ve had 4 rain suits since my first trip and have not found one that can hold up to the rain up there. I will gladly give it a try and let you know how it handles wrath of pacific storms. 

I know, it's hard to believe I live in Florida and don't have rain gear yet.. 🙄 I've been trying in several sets but haven't found anything that fits what I'm after. Would love to try this out! 

caddyshack-golf.gif 

This is a great opportunity, I have been looking at Galway Bay rain gear as they offer sizes up to 3x. Seems like a great product from all the reviews I’ve read. Would be great for all the different weather I play in in Michigan. 

Would love to test this gear. I play rain or shine, and I have a FJ rain suit that is pretty good. The pants are older, but I haven’t found anything to replace them with. I have constantly upgraded the jacket, but usually do stay with FJ. Looking forward to the reviews for Galway Bay!

Interested to hear from testers if these are worth the price. Always felt a bit higher than I'd like for rain gear, but assume the quality is top notch.

Is there also a womans version? Than I would love to test this raingear! In The Netherlands we have a lot of rainy days all over the year. As a golfaddict I play golf in all weather types. A good rainsuit should be great to have in my golfbag.

I wonder who is the actual manufacturer for the Callaway wain wear.  Be very curious as I have not found a true water "proof" golf gear, just yet.

Never know when the afternoon showers will come in NC.  Have to carry some rain gear often.  My FJ rain gear is getting a little dated.

The afternoon thunderstorms on the Colorado front range would be a good test for these. I've been through a variety of brands and have never found one I love.

Would love to test this out!   I do a lot of golfing in the months of September and October in northern Michigan.   Can put this thru the ringer!!  

Playing exclusively in New England requires proper gear. I've gone through countless sets in search of the perfect gear. I would love the opportunity to try Galway Bay products.

26 minutes ago, manjagolf said:

Is there also a womans version? Than I would love to test this raingear! In The Netherlands we have a lot of rainy days all over the year. As a golfaddict I play golf in all weather types. A good rainsuit should be great to have in my golfbag.

Yup they have women's gear as well!

Many a day I have gotten soaked due to wet weather and lack of good rain gear.  I would like to try this out and give an evaluation even if I have to stand under a hose.

I live in Melbourne, Australia. We get four seasons in a day. I always carry wet weather gear because you just can't tell here, even if the forecast says no rain.

This Test is now closed to further comments.