Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
753 signups
Equipment Type: Simulator Mat
Vendor: Birdieball

Testers Wanted! Birdieball 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Turf

image.png

From birdieball:

"Our high quality tour-grade Putting Green/Hitting Turf Combination is a perfect addition to your simulator space!  We all love simulator golf, but the putting aspect is often overlooked. Now, you can utilize your simulator space for both simulator golf and realistic putting practice. A simulator golf dream!

You can choose to use the putting surface itself as your hitting turf (you can hit directly off the turf), but keep in mind that you will likely experience some wear in the center of the green from repetitive swings. If you'd prefer to keep the putting surface free of wear, add on a 3' x 5' hitting turf to place in the center on top of the putting mat when using your simulator, or behind the putting mat. This will keep the putting surface pristine. Remove the hitting turf with ease when you are ready to practice your putting. Don't forget to add on the Hole Deepening Corner Shims to take your home putting practice up a notch."

Features include: 
High quality, ultra-durable nylon turf (Tour Quality)
No seam
Tight-woven with a true rolling heavy face weight
Grain Neutral. Stimp is in the 10-11 range
Portable (can be rolled up and stored away easily if need be)
Durable
Drop-in cups + extraction flags
Heavy rubber bumpers
Easily create breaks and contours
Use indoors or outdoors
Great for high-traffic situations

Screenshot 2023-07-09 11.48.09.png

This Member Testing Opportunity is open to all members in the US!

*Must have simulator to be eligible for this member test*

Good luck and looking forward to all the applications and reviews!

70 Comments

Wouldn’t work with my simple set up using my SC300i, but can’t wait to see the reviews of how this performs. Quality putting simulation is a much needed improvement in a lot of the simulator setups I have used. Good luck everyone!

I'm in the market for me turf for my garage set up actually!! I use one of those Perfect Putting mats for practice also so having it integrated would be amazing! 

I can see an excellent use for this for the golf teams that I coach.  Although I don’t have a simulator I have the space for this putting surface both at home and at my school for my players to test and work on their putting. Excited to have a chance! Been using BirdieBall for years to teach as well!

1 hour ago, NCLefty said:

Would go great in my home simulator setup with my Rapsodo MLM2Pro!!

My thoughts exactly! Love the MLM2PRO thus far, this test would be icing on the cake!

Would love to try this out. Have actually been looking for a proper hitting surface as I have been piecing together a home set up. 

I've been looking for something like this to upgrade my current GC3 setup.  Would love to try this out, and will definitely look forward to the reviews.

This would be a great tool for the tool kit.  I currently have a birdie ball putting mat (that was a great investment) and like the quality.  I was looking for a hitting mat to improve my ball hitting practice (grass in the back yard is getting worn.)  Add this tool and winter practice will be much improved.  Also, winter golf parties will much more fun.  Set this up on the covered patio and plan some golf course in AZ.

I would love to test this out in my garage sim. Would be awesome to putt on instead of my grizzly grass. 

I would be interested in seeing how well it would roll up and how quickly it can be ready to use, as I do not leave my sim setup all the time. 

Don’t have a simulator but would love to test and offer reviews for a hitting/putting combo mat. Practice almost daily into a net. Would like to see the short and long term benefits of this mat. 

Oh my goodness, WOW, what an opportunity. My Bushnell Launch Pro has been getting a lot of use on the range … but just limited use in the garage. Bought a cheap hitting mat from DSG and it is just not comfortable on my hands and elbows. And have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a nice, pro level hitting mat. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Just built my home sim this last winter and was just starting to research adding to the floor area (currently just green carpeting) and adding a birdieball for putting. This is ideal 

I sure could use this to complete my SIM GC3 set-up, especially since putting has always been my weakness despite being a low handicap competitive golfer.

Senior Champ

Man, I'll have an in-home simulator in a few months but I have no way to get it done sooner in time for a test like this. Love Birdieball and their products, hopefully the feedback will be good enough for me to pull the trigger on this for my future simulator!

This Test is now closed to further comments.