Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arccos 360 New User Review

Hello everyone, my name is Eric.  Figured providing a user review of the new Arccos 360 would be a good place to start.  And to give some background on myself, I'm 27 years old and recently decided to take my golf game more seriously.  In addition to the Arccos, I also train with an Orange Whip and DST Compressor and sometimes play with a Golf Buddy Voice v1.  Fortunately, my fiancé supports my newfound obsession and treated me to the Arccos 360 right before our New Years trip to Mexico.

In Short: The Arches 360 is a great way to track your rounds and really help identify your strengths and weaknesses.

Install was very simple and straight forward.  In fact, taking clubs in and out of my bag was the biggest "hassle" of the whole process.  Despite this being a Christmas present and living in the Northeast, I fortunately had the opportunity to use the Arccos for the first time while on vacation in Mexico.  Before we left, I made two tee times at the Iberostar Cancun and confirmed that I'd be able to use my cell phone (without any additional costs) in Mexico.  After that was straightened out, I downloaded the course in advance to reduce my data usage.

Similar to install/setup, starting a round was very simple: launch the Arccos app on your smartphone, search for the course you'll be playing, the starting hole and tees, and select “Start a new round”.

iPhone App Launch.jpg

Without boring you about the entire round, the Arccos seamlessly recorded my different shots during the round, distances, etc.  There were a few hiccups which could be attributed to user error (e.g., multiple shots were recorded when, after taking a few practice swings with a 4i, I second-guessed myself and switched to a 3h).  Furthermore, I believe checking every shot and playing with the features probably helped kill the battery faster.  At the end of the round, I had ~45% battery remaining.

Here's an iPhone screenshot of one of the holes, how it records the shots, and displays the data.

iPhone App Hole Overview.png

After I got home, I was excited to see how the desktop website presents the data.  

Arccos Dashboard.jpg

In addition to a similar hole overview display, the online site provides a nice scorecard breakdown, illustrating GIRs, drive direction and distance, putts, and strokes gained.

In addition to being able to review each round, the Arccos dashboard also has tabs for your club history (i.e., average “smart” distance, longest distance).  My only complaint here is the Arccos doesn't appear to have a filter or distinguish full short irons and wedge shots from chipping and, as a result, it skews the smart distance for these clubs.  In addition to the club data, the Arccos also provides a traditional handicap breakdown, but takes it a step further and breaks down your driving, approach, chipping, sand, and putting handicaps.

Despite only playing 2 rounds with the Arccos 360, I'd highly recommend this to anyone who's a data junkie, takes a competitive approach to golf, or is simply looking to focus on their game's weaknesses.  That last reason is what I find most valuable because I now can specifically identify what to focus on most before the 2017 golf season kicks off in the Northeast.

If anyone has any questions, I'll try to respond ASAP.  Thanks for the read.

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Eric,

I just recently bought Arccos 360 as well! I also absolutely love it. Zero interference with the flow of my rounds. I simply check walking off each green that my shots were recorded correctly. If they weren't its a usually just changing the number of putts since that sensor is extra sensitive. As you mentioned the online dashboard is a data junkie's dream. I would also highly recommend this to anyone who wants to get a deeper insight into their game to find areas for improvement. 

Eric shoot me a message with your last name and we can connect on the Arccos Social Feed. 

*LEFT HANDED*

Driver- TaylorMade 9* M2 Tour Issue w/ Aldila Rogue Black 110 70g Tour X 44.5"

3 Wood- Titleist 915Fd 13.5* w/ Diamana D+ 80x 42.5"

5 Wood- Titleist 915F 19.25* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 S-flex 42.5"

Driving Iron- Titleist 712U 18* w/ Graphic Designs Tour AD 95x 39"

Irons- Cobra King Pro Combo 3-Pw w/ KBS C-Taper 130g

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 54* S Grind & 58* M Grind w/ KBS Tour X-Stiff +1/2"

Putter- TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"

Arccos 360 User

Bushnell Tour v4 Slope Rangefinder 

SC200 Portable Launch Monitor

Instagram: @TBHambone27