808nation

Bending lofts

Contemplating in bending my 565's 1 degree strong to bring the flight down a bit and added distance wouldn't hurt too. Would going 1 degree strong really make a difference, should I go with 2. The thing I'm worried about is the change in the bounce and how that would affect performance when I am a digger and not a sweeper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Your bounce would change to less bounce. One degree really won't bring down the flight much and won't add a lot of distance. Choke down and go for the next lower club

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Contemplating in bending my 565's 1 degree strong to bring the flight down a bit and added distance wouldn't hurt too. Would going 1 degree strong really make a difference, should I go with 2. The thing I'm worried about is the change in the bounce and how that would affect performance when I am a digger and not a sweeper.

I bent my Wishon 560mc 3*,, 4~8 & 2*,, 9~Aw.

That brought em up to my R11 lofts. Made a noticeable difference & I'm happy with the results.

I'll add, just 3~4 rounds with the change. I haven't noticed any difference in ball contact. Can't say I'm a digger but I do take divots.

I've bent clubs before and have never noticed a difference. The most I've gone is two degrees.

Just a thought. Get ahold of srixon and ask them your questions. They will probably bend them and if they should break one in sure they would replace it. If you or your fitter breaks one you might be out of luck

• Like 1

I can understand the desire to manipulate the loft but in my many years of experience there isn't really a benefit. Don't get caught up in the "length" fight, length ain't gonna make your handicap go down. Ball flight is better fixed for the long run by working with an instructor.

Sent from my LGLS992 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

What shafts do you currently use? I got heavier and stiffer shafts and that brought down the flight dramatically

What shafts do you currently use? I got heavier and stiffer shafts and that brought down the flight dramatically

Aerotech i110cw in stiff and I still hit these pretty high.

Look into their heavier shafts if that's an option for you. I'll be reviewing the kbs $ taper shafts in the next couple weeks. Keep an eye out for that