LW - Cleveland RTX3 60 deg 

Putter - Ping Scottsdale Y-Worry

Ball - Srixon ZStar

5099ACBE-B40B-4118-840C-95B4B02CA44D.jpeg

Edited by NickB
Added photo
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CorbinHolland28

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      CONTEST!!!

Get Fit Like A Pro at Cleveland Golf

Win a Trip To Cleveland Golf for a Full Bag Fitting of the New Cleveland Gear

All right Golfspies, don't touch the knobs 'cause we're gonna have some fun with this one...

A Tour-Level custom club fitting truly is the Holy Grail for any avid golfer. For most of us, unfortunately, it's only a pipe dream.

For two of you, however, that dream is about to become a reality.

MyGolfSpy, along with Cleveland Golf, is looking for two lucky golfers for the golf experience of a lifetime - an all-expense-piad trip to Cleveland headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA for a full bag, driver to putter fitting featuring Cleveland's new Launcher irons and metal woods.

Oh yeah, you get to keep the whole shebang, too!

THE DETAILS:The two winners will each receive:
      Round trip airfare to Southern California 1 night hotel, meals Tour level custom fitting for: Cleveland's new Launcher HB driver/FW/hybrids Cleveland's new Launcher CBX or Launcher HB irons Cleveland wedges, including the new CBX Cleveland Huntington Beach or TFi 2135 putter Srixon's golf balls A personalized Cleveland stand bag, plus a travel bag to bring your new sticks home A “tech-talk” dinner meeting with Cleveland club designers A tour of the Cleveland facility in Huntington Beach, CA A round of golf with your new equipment And a few surprises along the way! The trip is scheduled for December 5-6, 2017

HOW TO ENTER:To be eligible, you must be a member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum (click here to join).

In this thread, please tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home town, state/province

2. Your current handicap

3. Your dream bag of Cleveland gear (check out the new stuff at Cleveland's website)

We are truly psyched to be able to bring you this unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be treated like a Tour Pro. Apply today – we'll be announcing the winners in this thread October 26th!

Remember, you must apply ONLY in the MyGolfSpy Community Forum to be eligible.

• By jeffrylester
      Hi everyone.  I a new member to the forum and have been golfing since the mid 1970's.  Had my handicap down to a 7.1 at the end of last year and this year it's risen up to a 14.1.  Am having some back problems, but not letting it get me down.  
      I went for my first golf fitting in February of this year, which I would recommend for anyone to try one time.  It was fantastic, and about 2 hours of hitting balls with various clubs.  
      Hit my clubs, then the Taylormade M2 and the Ping G. He used various shafts etc. Finally the fitter got me set on the Ping G's with a lightweight Stiff shaft, which is what I ordered.  Still don't have them dialed in yet, although I have played a lot of golf this year. When I was all done he let me hit his PXG 7 iron, and what a club.  Totally effortless hitting of a golf ball.  The problem is that they are also very very expensive.  Out of my league.  Hope to learn a lot in the forums.  Thanks.

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (4) Testers Wanted!!

Mizuno JPX 900 Irons

The irons that tamed Erin Hills!

You know a Tour Pro likes his sticks when he plays them without a contract.

That's what Brooks Koepka did last weekend, gaming the MIzuno JPX 900 Tour irons while lapping the field at the US Open at Erin Hills because he likes them.  Mizzy is rightfully proud of its latest Major championship, and in the spirit of striking while the iron is still sizzling, we have an opportunity you can't refuse!

TESTERS WANTED!

We're looking for four avid and ambitious golfers to test and review (and keep) a set of Mizuno's JPX 900 irons.  We have one set of the JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons (which tend as much toward Game Improvement as Mizuno gets), one set of the middle-of-the-bell-curve JPX 900 Forged, and TWO sets of Koepka's JPX 900 Tour irons, definitely aimed at the playah in all of us.

HOW TO APPLY:

Here's what we need you to do --- 

1. Your first name and home state/province
      2. Your current handicap
      3. Your current set of irons

And....

4: Visit MIzuno's website (click here) and determine which JPX 900 iron set best fits your game!

Remember, you MUST apply in THIS THREAD ONLY!!  We'll announce the testers in this space next week. 

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

Cleveland's New RTX-3 Wedges

While it's true that you drive for the show and you putt for the dough, few can argue that it's those 125-yard and in shots that can determine just how much dough you're putting for.

Want to sink more putts? Hit it closer to the hole. And Cleveland says its new RTX-3 wedges can help you do just that.

Testers Wanted
      The Cleveland RTX-3 wedge series hits the stores next Friday. Cleveland says its new wedges help bring more consistency and better accuracy to your game, primarily by moving the RTX-3's center of gravity closer to the center of the clubface. In addition, Cleveland says the RTX-3's new sole grinds will allow you to pick just the right wedge makeup for your swing and for the types of courses you play.

MyGolfSpy is looking for 5 wedge-savvy short game savants to test these new babies out and find out if the RTX-3's are worthy members of the Cleveland family tree of wedges. If selected, you'll get to test (and keep) a 3-wedge set fit to your specifications.

How To Apply:
      We take our equipment testing very seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read - and follow - these instructions carefully:

In this thread, tell us the following:

1. Your name, home state and current handicap

2. Your current wedge brand and lofts

If selected to test and review these wedges for MyGolfSpy, you'll be encouraged to visit a nearby Cleveland Wedge fitter and be fit using the Cleveland Wedge Analyzer. Cleveland will customize your 3-wedge set to your specs.

Good luck!!!
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Hey gang -- 

Here's the first official look at what was in the box - the 2017 Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges!

There's the traditional blade style wedge as well as the cavity back style.  The big development for Cleveland in this year's wedge is moving the center of gravity away from the heel, as is traditional in most wedges, and towards the center of the clubface. While this is new for Cleveland, it isn't a new idea -- Edel has been doing this with its wedges for a few years now.

What Cleveland has done is moved 9 grams of weight out of the hosel - by shortening it a bit and creating a small cavity inside the hosel - allowing them to shift the CG closer to the impact area.  Cleveland is calling this "Feel Balancing Technology," - they say it decreases vibration and maximizes head stability which improves feel and tightens shot dispersion.  

They've also modified their grinds a bit -- the new V Sole grinds have more leading edge bounce to get through the turf easier (although from experience they do nothing if you hit the ground at least 2" behind the ball!). The V-LG is low bounce, V-MG is mid bounce and V-FG is the highest bounce and, as they say, bounce is your friend.

Cleveland has also upped its face-milling game.  The new Tour Zip grooves are deeper and narrower than previous models for improved spin, and  the updated micro-milling is kinda interesting. Lower lofts have relatively straight patter milling for full shots, while the higher lofted wedges (54-64*) have a more angled pattern - better for open faced shots.  

The blade wedges come in three finishes - satin chrome, black oxide and Tour Raw (soaked in oil and aggressively wrapped in plastic). The cavity back wedges come in chrome only.

Lots more to come - but I can tell you there's nothing like a new wedge -- first full shot I hit with a 50* yesterday hit on the fringe about 10 feet past the pin, spun and rolled back about 20 feet.  That was fun to watch!

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!