Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade TP5 with a flat spot

Last Monday I bought a box of TP5s here in Australia, I knew I should have tried another ball after having 2 crack on me with in the last box I bought.

Then I called TaylorMade Australia who said its wear & tear and they won't do anything. This was after I've had 2 heads fly off my M4's and 5 heads off my old Speedblades, both those clubs I was told that there wasn't an issue with TaylorMade and they won't do anything about it. I've since had my whole bag re-shafted and haven't have an issue.

Anyway, back to the ball.

I bought this box from a completely different store and company last Monday, its 2 hours away from the other store.

I played a round on Monday & Saturday, ball flight seemed a little off, almost dipping. I lost 3 balls.

I played a round on Monday (yesterday) this week, again ball flight seemed a little off and I put that down to my swing on the day.

I stopped after 9, grabbed a beer, the wife & 2 week old baby jumped in the cart and off to the back nine.

I lost a ball in the drink, grabbed a new one out of the sleeve and played out the hole, teed up the next, and played the next 3 holes.

I get to the green, mark my ball, read the green and place my ball down, standing over the putt I noticed that there was flat spot on the ball.

I picked it up, flat it yep a flat spot.

I threw it in the bag grabbed a ProV and played out the 9.

I went into the local golf shop, all 4 staff members, some had worked in golf for 25 years had never seen it before, one off the record said that "they've had problems with TaylorMade balls"

So I called TaylorMade Australia this morning, I got the run around, I was told there was nothing they could do, but go into the shop and get a replacement.

I did, I was given 1 ball, made to feel like I was dodgy and left p!55ed off. 

This is it for me, TaylorMade has gone downhill.

if you don't notice the flat spot its on top to the right of the logo

ESI6B6IUEAEbKDh?format=jpg&name=large