Swing Jacket Training Aid

I have always been skeptical of the many training aids out there. Anyone out there have any experience with this one or anything similar?

https://swingjacket.com/the-swing-jacket/

D  :ping-small: G30

3W :Hogan: coming soon

5W :ping-small: G30

Irons :Hogan: Ptx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42,46 degrees

PW  :Hogan: TK 50 degree

SW :cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 56 degree

LW :cleveland-small:  Rotex 2.0 60 degree

P    :ping-small:    Sigma G Anser

Ball 1 :taylormade-small: Tour Response    Ball 2 :Snell: Mtb-x

Bag 1 :Hogan: Mini Tour            Bag 2 :Hogan: Stand

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, Ben Hogan mark said:

I have always been skeptical of the many training aids out there. Anyone out there have any experience with this one or anything similar?

I'd be afraid it could mess with your sequence and timing, not worth it.

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

On 5/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, Ben Hogan mark said:

I haven’t used it. This seems to move you and is kind of a positive feedback training aid. I know Mike Bender and a few others believes negative feedback provides faster results that aids with positive feedback. 

hopefully you find someone on here that has experience with this and that they battle the same issues you are looking to correct.

8 hours ago, connerp93 said:

I'd be afraid it could mess with your sequence and timing, not worth it.

Most people have bad timing due to bad sequencing. Changing that may not be a bad thing. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, Ben Hogan mark said:

One of my son's former instructors had one of these and used it quite a bit. Regarding sequencing, the instructor used it to keep shoulders/arms more together regarding transition down in my son's case.  My son was trying to start with a little over the top/out move. My son said it helped him feel more connected as the started his down swing.

I tried it and hated it, I have an aggressive move down/very athletic and felt restricted, very uncomfortable. 

There is also another similar product a "swing shirt" that I do know feels a little less restrictive. 

I'd look at a TourStriker Smart Ball.  Helps with the body/arm connection and synchronization but not nearly as restrictive.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Well, many years ago I saw the ads and or infomercial. I asked for a Swing Jacket for my birthday or something. I still have it and plan on letting my daughter's boyfriend use it to get some fundamentals. He never golfed before. My daughter beat him bad at Top Golf and she doesn't play! He wants me to teach him how to play. (Pray for me) 😂

Would I buy it again, NO. It is very restrictive, uncomfortable sleeve cuffs which ride on rails. You feel like you can't complete your back swing. Kind of feels like you only get 1/2 way back. Also if you are small or large chested it won't fit. Good for the average guy.

On the positive side you can't swing over the top/ outside in. You get a good feel for the path after a few swings.

But I can tell you  that you won't use it very long. The other shirt design seems much more comfortable , but I haven't tried one. You can do the towel drill and get the same results. If you are already a 12 handicap this probably would not be a wise purchase.

I also have the ZEP which helped a lot more. Now the ZEP2 is the current one.  This helped me to get to the low double digits / high single (Also a suggested present) .

Then I got the Optishot2 simulator which I use currently and really dialed  in the swing path that worked for me. I worked hard on the open/ closed club face to be square. Got into the mid single digits with this.

The only thing I currently use other than the simulator is the Orange Whip. (Yet another suggested gift) Great for tempo and lag for explosive drives. Now I'm in the low single digits. Currently at my low of 2.5 But I am playing more. Minimum of once a week on course and on the simulator at least once a week. Orange whip a few times a week.

Follow the theme, let someone else buy your toys. 😄 There are many ways to improve your game. This was just my path.

If you want any more info on the swing jacket let me know. I can probably dig up the instruction book.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 3 years later...