Tour Edge

fixyurdivot

I know we have an official test for their CBX Hybrid, but what does anyone know about the CBX 119 Forged and CBX Blade irons?  I don't find many YT videos of these being tested. Anyone playing them or tested them?  Has our MGS HIT SQUAD had them in for review (my quick forum search did not find anything on the irons)?  What category would you place these in?  

Now that Phil is playing on the Champions Tour, I'll bet Tour Edge will be trying to lure him away from Callaway 😄.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• 2 weeks later...

The Tour Edge CBX 119 forged and the CBX blade irons are both Japanese S25 steel forgings that are CNC milled in the USA.  The 119 is a cavity back and the blade is just that.  The CBX line is being retired and the EXS Pro line is taking their place. The EXS Pro Blade is very similar to the CBX blade just with different graphics.  The new EXS Pro Cavity looks more like the EXS Blade then the CBX 119.

I expect fairly soon you will be able to buy new old stock CBX 119 forged irons at a significant discount.  They would be a good choice and a good value for better players looking for a bit more forgiveness than a true blade.

It is highly unlikely that Phil Mickelson will be leaving Callaway anytime soon to represent Tour Edge.

I’ve got two Tour Edge fairway woods in the bag and they are generally known for their fairway woods performance.  Lately they’ve been getting some good press for their Drivers. Their irons have always been strong lofted distance machines. But, it looks like with their growing presence on the Champions Tour they are pursuing better players irons again.

Their Hot Launch and Bazooka lines have been staples for independent golf shops’ ability to offer good performance at value prices to a broad range of amateur golfers. 

In general their clubs have been under rated as they don’t have the marketing or manufacturing might that the bigger companies possess.  They have however been very innovative on the materials side of golf club technology and pretty nimble as a smaller company.

Their putters have always been good performers too.  Offering decent performance at bargain prices.  The fit and finish of their putters hasn’t always been the best but it has been improving.  Their new Wingman putter is getting some attention lately. 

It is good to see Tour Edge clubs getting some well deserved attention.  Their Exotics line used to be a super premium and expensive product line.  They’ve adjusted their pricing and their philosophy of providing performance at a value price as the rest of the industry has raised their prices.  It is serving them well at the moment.

Don’t be afraid to try their products, you might be pleasantly surprised at how good they are.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

My Dad still plays and old set of Bazooka Max irons and hybrids and love them. Good for someone who doesn't get as much anymore. I also have fond memories when I broke my 8 iron mid round and I used it to stick it for birdie. Great clubs from Tour Edge, I always keep them in mind when in the market for new clubs

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Archived