Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Ping Heppler Folki putter Review.

I purchased the Ping Floki putter at the end of last season. I had the winter to hone my skill on the putting mat but wasn’t sure if all my practice and preparation would translate on the real Greens. 

I had one or two rounds at the end of the season to try it out. I was using a TaylorMade Ghost Spider Mallet before and was doing okay but I was very inconsistent with the weight of my putts. The Spider was very light compared to the Ping, at least in my hands. In those two rounds I was really enjoying the feel of the Ping putter it is very buttery and smooth the stoke. But I didn’t have any feel for distance …yet! Lol

So far this season I can happily sporting a 1.71 putting average with very minimal three putts. Usually from a lapse in concentration once every couple rounds. 

The putter has an adjustable shaft which can go from 32” to 36” by simply using the supplied tool. Put the tool into the hole in the top of the grip and tighten to shorted or looses to lengthen. I use it at “32. I installed a Superstroke Tour 5.0 grip and to be safe I did look up how to change these grips because there is a plastic sleeve the grip goes onto that. Special care has to be taken when removing the old grip. When cutting off the grip you have to ensure you only cut the grip. There is a photo attached showing the plastic sleeve sticking out of the bottom of the grip about 1/8 of an inch. 

I believe the confidence that I have gained through practice and really enjoying putting with this club has made me look forward to every time I get to have the putter in my hands.  It is especially accurate on fast greens. 

I give this putter 5stars *****! 

Play Well my friends! 

@millwrightofgolf

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Golf addict, try to play everyday if I can.