Back Golfing Well Sort off (Tenerife Golf Del Sur)

Alf. S

For those of you that know me I have been struggling to play for the last 6 months due to being hospitalised a couple of times. Starting coincidentally as I sat in bed watching Brian Harman start his final round at The Open, falling asleep then waking up with my wife, neighbour, 2 paramedics and a bathroom full of vomit! Anyway flew out from the UK 2 weeks ago to Tenerife with 75'F and sun, great 2 weeks only played 3 rounds but feel I'm capable of getting back to it.   

With my fitness level being an issue decide to play only twilight golf giving you about 3 hours to get round. I usually walk with an electric trolley and  Amarilla Golf has no boundary fences so at the 13th and 16th you can just end there and go to my favourite bar and restaurant "The 19th Hole" which sits at the conjunction of the of these holes.

1st Round at Amarilla Golf finished +9 thru 13. I doubled the first which I always find a difficult hole, especially when it is windy and it was blowing about 35mph. You drive into a tight area which has a branca on the left with penalty area, waste land on the right side and pinching in the further  you go. Needless to say I ended up running out of fairway and into the waste area. By the time we got to the 11th I was getting pretty tired and my back was tight and sore, this wasn't helped by the guys in front holding us up all the way from the 8th. Came away quite happy, driving the ball quite well, distance no too bad and chipping and putting OK.

2nd Round at Golf Del Sur was just a bit of a joke, the wind was gale force, less said the better. But again my ball striking was good but into the wind getting blown off your feet not so good.

3rd was back at Amarilla, with fitness now an issue and stiff back, buggy was in play  again very windy, got a bit frustrated when I turned up at my appointed tee time to see two gents teeing off the red tees in front (no starter) and hacking up the fairway at 50 yard duffs, double bogied the 1st again. On the 2nd waited for the guys in front to hack their way down and they disappeared over the hill, I stripped one right down the middle, fairway cambers to the right so expected to find my ball about 270yds down the fairway on the right. Came over the brow to see one of the guys hitting from where I expected to find my ball, not significant in itself , but after searching for 5 minutes and them finishing, they shouted my ball was by the green (330yd drive????). But it wasn't my ball, I can only assume they played the wrong ball. Anyway managed 14 holes this time and gave up with the sun setting and a queue of players waiting to play the short 15th.

Finally had a game of Pitch and Putt with my wife (not a golfer), she used my clubs. She went round in 39 blows for 8 holes which I thought was pretty good (9th was a bit of a mare), she actually wanted to play another 9.  

I've got a couple of videos and wil try and post them for those who are interested.

8th at Amarilla

Edited by Alf. S
Add videos

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

38 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

For those of you that know me I have been struggling to play for the last 6 months due to being hospitalised a couple of times. 

Hope you have recovered fully and glad to hear you are back to playing golf!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Alf. S said:

For those of you that know me I have been struggling to play for the last 6 months due to being hospitalised a couple of times.

Great to hear from you again!  It looks like you are swinging the club well and the course looks awesome!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Great to hear from you again!  It looks like you are swinging the club well and the course looks awesome!

Thanks, Hopefully not long until I'm back out doing 18. The hole this was filmed at was only playing 95yds. 1st day I put it right over the flag with a 52' wedge. In the wind it was a full 9i. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag