Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Find tester's main reviews here!

@gavinski91 - Review

@Willie T - Review

@EnderinAZ - Review

@Rico_de_Gallo - Review

@Cmra1 - Review

@leichliter_jake - Review

Want a discount on Claw gloves? We worked out a special deal for you through this link! Claw Glove MGS Deal! (Use code: MGS for 15% off)

7 hours ago, climberboy2000 said:

I play year round indoors two to three mornings a week and outdoors about twice a week Spring through Fall.  I've never really tracked it, but I know I've played over a year with the same glove before.

I've never come close to forming a hole, but the silicone wears down on the palm.  I don't really feel that it impacts my overall grip.  I'll have to take a picture and post on here.

That's a lot of swings for a single glove. Impressive

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Interesting that a couple of you are saying that the Max fits tighter than the Pro. For me the exact opposite is true, the pro is a tighter fit than the Max.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

On 6/28/2024 at 6:22 PM, Willie T said:

"How will these gloves work with the 'older' hardened rubber grips?' as all the grips are pretty new on my regular clubs.  I have some older clubs that have "well-worn" grips, so they will be part of the process as not everyone has new/nearly new grips.  

Old grip testing day: A little backyard drill work today with several older gripped clubs today: IMG_8282.jpeg.12de7aaac42e6a538394d950c73db585.jpegIMG_8283.jpeg.eb34ca5f430734600255046bd7c8043c.jpeg

(l-r: Wilson OS iron-std stock grip; Callaway Diablo Edge-Winn Dri-Tac midsize; MacGregor Golden Bear iron-Tacki-Mac midsize; TA 845 Silver Scot-GP Tour Wrap std) All of the grips have been installed at least 2yrs or more.  The grip exhibiting the most wear is the Winn Dri-Tac, the least is the Tacki-Mac (the newest), the oldest the “stock” Wilson followed closely by GP Tour Wrap.
The test was simple - a series of swings with each club with each glove.  Feel - the gloves provided a solid, comfortable feel with each grip.  Control - I had decent traction interaction resulting in comfortable confident control of the club swings.  Comfort - weather was a little less humid, the temps were not as brutal, however I still found the Pro glove more comfortable in terms of airflow versus the Max.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

18 hours ago, Willie T said:

Old grip testing day: A little backyard drill work today with several older gripped clubs today: IMG_8282.jpeg.12de7aaac42e6a538394d950c73db585.jpegIMG_8283.jpeg.eb34ca5f430734600255046bd7c8043c.jpeg

(l-r: Wilson OS iron-std stock grip; Callaway Diablo Edge-Winn Dri-Tac midsize; MacGregor Golden Bear iron-Tacki-Mac midsize; TA 845 Silver Scot-GP Tour Wrap std) All of the grips have been installed at least 2yrs or more.  The grip exhibiting the most wear is the Winn Dri-Tac, the least is the Tacki-Mac (the newest), the oldest the “stock” Wilson followed closely by GP Tour Wrap.
The test was simple - a series of swings with each club with each glove.  Feel - the gloves provided a solid, comfortable feel with each grip.  Control - I had decent traction interaction resulting in comfortable confident control of the club swings.  Comfort - weather was a little less humid, the temps were not as brutal, however I still found the Pro glove more comfortable in terms of airflow versus the Max.  

This was an outstanding test! I do not think I have any old gripped clubs to do that with. (I move recently and old clubs do not move with me). 

Quick update: Third round with the Claw Pro white. The glove gets dirty easily, but still retains superb gripping power even when very sweaty. I checked a couple of minutes ago and the glove is still supple and "crunchy" free. I am impressed!

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

@EnderinAZ How would you compare it to a Kirkland glove? I find the value is unbeatable especially since you get four gloves for the prices of essentially one premium glove (even a bit less in some cases) and quality is really solid. I use the same one for sim, range, and on course and it’s still holding up for a solid 3-4months now. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 w/HZRDUS Black smoke 6.0

Ping Anser 3wood

Taylormade Jetspeed 4H

Taylormade Rocketbladez 5-PW

Cleveland RTX4 56

Cleveland RTX 52

Callaway X Tour 60

Taylormade Spider GT Rollback

Alright its first impression time! I'm only going to post a review every couple of days to I can build up information on these gloves and don't want to give you a biased review on how I played that day on the course and hit them at the range. Don't want my feelings after a bad day to get in the way of the gloves. 

First things first the looks. I love how the claw pro both in white and grey, and the claw max look it's a very simple design and the logo isn't blown up where it's the only thing you see. The pattern on the claw max going from white to black on your knuckles I think is a nice touch. Between the white and the grey on the pro I prefer the grey as of now it's just different and its cool to see a grey glove on the course it really catches your eye. I also got a size medium in all the gloves, and they fit perfectly for me I do have smaller hands, but I didn't need to go up or down in size with either the Claw Pro or the Claw Max. They do fit like a glove!

What we all have been waiting for the performance.  Played 5 rounds since getting these gloves and I've put them to work on the range. First thoughts are they are a golf and football glove hybrid. They have so much grip on them I feel like I can make a handed catch like Odell Beckham jr against the cowboys. Since starting with them I haven't notice a change in the grip and it isn't wearing down at all, they feel brand new every time I take them out of my bag. 

It's been hot out here in Western Pa as of late and 9 times out of 10 with any other glove my hand gets super sweaty, wearing gloves and I got to keep taking it on and off for my hand to breath. With the Claw Pro and the Claw Max I haven't had to do it once so much breath ability and ventilation in the gloves my hand is comfortable the whole round or range session. Both gloves are super comfortable to wear, and the material feels nice on hand as well doesn't irritate my skin or have a rubbing sensation during my swing.

I love the way the gloves feel when I'm hitting my irons and my driver. The Claw Max grip and the Claw Pro both gives me confidence that I don't need to grip the club super tight just let the glove do its job. I'm not worried the club will go flying out of my hand even when wet. For a few holes stretch I poured water onto the glove for my drive, then approach shot and to me it didn't affect the glove in the slightest and it didn't get my hand inside drenched either. 

For me in my intro I said I'm a big feel golfer specially when it comes to wedges and chipping around the green. At the range I focused on shots from 25, 50, 75, and 100 yard shots. I did this bare-handed vs the Claw Pro and the claw Max. I hit 7 balls each same for each yardage and same glove vs hand. I found that the gloves felt too sticky, and the club would get stuck in my hands compared to barehand felt wonderful could really feel the interaction of the club and the turf. Same for chipping I was feeling clunky with the gloves on couldn't get a feel of the club wearing the gloves. If I had to pick a glove to chip or hit wedge shots with it would be the Claw max it offered little more feel compared to the Pro. As of now I'm not getting the feel I want with a wedge in my hand and look forward to keep testing that out to see a change in coming weeks.

So far, I really enjoy using these gloves on and off the course! I'm looking forward in the coming weeks to keep using them and gathering feedback to share with the Spy community. I would definitely get these gloves again just for the durability standpoint alone no rips or tears on them and the grip is great since starting to use them. Can't wait to share more in my next update!

grey glove.jpg

claw max.jpg

white pro.jpg

On 7/1/2024 at 1:16 PM, gavinski91 said:

Interesting that a couple of you are saying that the Max fits tighter than the Pro. For me the exact opposite is true, the pro is a tighter fit than the Max.

All your gloves from Caddy Daddy are the same size? 

Nice variety of the testing pool

11 minutes ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

All your gloves from Caddy Daddy are the same size? 

Nice variety of the testing pool

Yeah I ordered them all in XL.

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

Hey folks - I had another thought.  In my First Impressions video, I commented on the fitment of the Pro Cadet Lg glove - albeit slightly long in the fingers for me.  The slightly long in the fingers does alleviate the "feeling of seams" in the finger tips.  I began to think "Would a Cadet Med in the Pro fit a little better - or be too tight, too short  - creating noticable distractions?"  So I did what most would do, I got online and ordered through the Smiling Super Online Retailer (no I did not take advantage of the MGS discount) and ordered the Pro in Grey in Cadet Med.  It arrived today and first impressions were spot on to my suspisions:  (1) finger length - the tips of my fingers were finishing in the seams (almost too short); (2) hand areas - the body is noticeably tighter, after wearing the glove for about 40mins or so - I took off the glove and had seamline impressions in my old skin; (3) overall comfort - not quite as "breathy" as the Lg but still comfortable.  Tomorrow I plan to play 9 with Cadet Med to see how it (and my left hand) hold up over a series of holes.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

10 hours ago, Schmucker20 said:

@EnderinAZ How would you compare it to a Kirkland glove? I find the value is unbeatable especially since you get four gloves for the prices of essentially one premium glove (even a bit less in some cases) and quality is really solid. I use the same one for sim, range, and on course and it’s still holding up for a solid 3-4months now. 

In the heat that I have been playing in (yesterday it was 112 when I got home) I have to wash out a Kirkland glove with soap and water every 2 rounds. 3 or 4 washes and I throw the glove away. 

I have now played both the Claw Max and the Claw Pro 3 rounds. I washed the Claw Max in the washing machine with my socks because it was dirty and I wanted to see what would happen. There is no real difference, in my opinion, with reference to the Claw Pro in how the glove feels and performs, when comparing the gloves new condition and today. The Kirkland with be stiff, crunchy, and malformed. 

The Claw is a superior glove.

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, EnderinAZ said:

In the heat that I have been playing in (yesterday it was 112 when I got home) I have to wash out a Kirkland glove with soap and water every 2 rounds. 3 or 4 washes and I throw the glove away. 

I have now played both the Claw Max and the Claw Pro 3 rounds. I washed the Claw Max in the washing machine with my socks because it was dirty and I wanted to see what would happen. There is no real difference, in my opinion, with reference to the Claw Pro in how the glove feels and performs, when comparing the gloves new condition and today. The Kirkland with be stiff, crunchy, and malformed. 

The Claw is a superior glove.

Appreciate the feedback. Always looking for a glove that will hold up. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 w/HZRDUS Black smoke 6.0

Ping Anser 3wood

Taylormade Jetspeed 4H

Taylormade Rocketbladez 5-PW

Cleveland RTX4 56

Cleveland RTX 52

Callaway X Tour 60

Taylormade Spider GT Rollback

4 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Yeah I ordered them all in XL.

3 hours ago, Willie T said:

Hey folks - I had another thought.  In my First Impressions video, I commented on the fitment of the Pro Cadet Lg glove - albeit slightly long in the fingers for me.  The slightly long in the fingers does alleviate the "feeling of seams" in the finger tips.  I began to think "Would a Cadet Med in the Pro fit a little better - or be too tight, too short  - creating noticable distractions?"  So I did what most would do, I got online and ordered through the Smiling Super Online Retailer (no I did not take advantage of the MGS discount) and ordered the Pro in Grey in Cadet Med.  It arrived today and first impressions were spot on to my suspisions:  (1) finger length - the tips of my fingers were finishing in the seams (almost too short); (2) hand areas - the body is noticeably tighter, after wearing the glove for about 40mins or so - I took off the glove and had seamline impressions in my old skin; (3) overall comfort - not quite as "breathy" as the Lg but still comfortable.  Tomorrow I plan to play 9 with Cadet Med to see how it (and my left hand) hold up over a series of holes.  

Intriguing.  I wonder if Caddy Daddy will ever plan to sell to retail stores. My history of buying gloves has just been to go and try on the glove in store to make sure it fits and feels comfortable.

I got Large Claw gloves, but my Footjoy Weathsof glove is a medium/large cadet size.

I was pretty nervous about the Claw gloves fitting. I must have measured my hand about 10 times prior to submitting my sizes. Maybe Caddy Daddy can include an equivalent hand width and finger length measurement to see if somebody would do better in the cadet size. 

Luckily things have worked out well.

On 7/2/2024 at 7:13 PM, Willie T said:

Tomorrow I plan to play 9 with Cadet Med to see how it (and my left hand) hold up over a series of holes.  

Well - I played 9 today with the Pro Cadet Med - after yesterday’s initial stretch, it slid on effortlessly hole after hole.  The seams I did not notice…another round planned for Friday (full 18)…interesting 2nd impressions happening.  

17 hours ago, Willie T said:

Well - I played 9 today with the Pro Cadet Med - after yesterday’s initial stretch, it slid on effortlessly hole after hole.  The seams I did not notice…another round planned for Friday (full 18)…interesting 2nd impressions happening.  

Very nice. So a noticeably more comfortable fit then? Any clear changes in performance (I know small sample size)

24 minutes ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

Very nice. So a noticeably more comfortable fit then? Any clear changes in performance (I know small sample size)

Seemed a little more comfortable, planning a full 18 tomorrow and that will shed more light.  The more I wear them, the better the feel and fit.  Performance wise - too early to tell just know that it’s a good fit.  

Did some more range work last night and instead of splitting my bucket between all 3 gloves, I committed to hitting everything with the Max model. 

For me, the Max has been a tighter fit compared to the Pro. It has kept  my hand warmer and sweatier compared to the Pro.  I lucked out with the weather as it was in the low 90s and dropping with a good breeze (I did get there at 9:30 pm)

Overall, the tighter fit didn't really bother me for the duration and while my hand was still noticeably warmer, it wasn't nearly as sweaty as previous sessions (I think that was due to the weather more than anything .... 15mph winds felt nice)

The big takeaway this day was when I took the glove off after wearing it for over an hour straight (which is rare for me).  Very noticeable imprints from the seams. While they don't last, it has me wondering if I have the correct fit for the Max glove.

image.png.e734875ac5256ef6e74e1a1cfc49af46.png

==============================================================

Overall it's been an enjoyable test so far. I am very grateful for the opportunity from MGS. Thanks to this testing, I am putting a much needed emphasis on my setup and grip with every session and every shot. 

Looking forward to more 

Looks like there may be an opportunity for some testing in less than ideal conditions coming up next week for me....

image.png.51a5e4f490db94f6905392f64b1106e4.png

Well wishes and preparedness to those in Beryl's path way

Posted (edited)

Got out for 9 holes again yesterday with the Pro glove, and shot a respectable +2. With this morning’s revision that puts me at a new Low HI of 12.6. 

Early in the test to give any final conclusions, but I think between that round (and getting my first ever eagle in my first round with the gloves) I can say with confidence that they don’t hinder your performance at all. Too early to say whether or not they help. 

My dad and brother also had a chance to try them, and both seemed happy with how they worked. 

Edited by gavinski91