Pace of play

Cruise

My group regularly plays in a max of 3:10. Yesterday we finished 5 holes in front of the group behind. Unfortunately, the group behind always get early tee times and they ruin the pace for the entire day. Courses should have the ability to block the habitually slow groups from getting early times.

2 minutes ago, Collar said:

My group regularly plays in a max of 3:10. Yesterday we finished 5 holes in front of the group behind. Unfortunately, the group behind always get early tee times and they ruin the pace for the entire day. Courses should have the ability to block the habitually slow groups from getting early times.

Just being honest, but having to play a full round of golf in barely over three hours would not be enjoyable to me or my friends.

39 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, where but Scotland can you actually play the national open courses at all?  

Pinehurst, Torrey Pines, Glen Abbey here in Canada  hosted Canadian open many times only $175  CDN at peak times. 

Mizuno Hot Metal JPX-923 irons

Cleavland Launcher Xl Lite

Exotics C723 3W

Wilson Dynapower 3H

Yes! Hanna putter (yes! Im that old 🤣)

19 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Just being honest, but having to play a full round of golf in barely over three hours would not be enjoyable to me or my friends.

... Yup. Things have changed as my kids are grown and out on their own (mostly 🤪) and I am semi retired so I have all the time in the world now. 4 hours is nice as I enjoy the camaraderie as well as serious golf for the few seconds I address my shot, hit and then back to my friends til my next shot. But when I was younger, working most every day and especially weekends when my two boys were toddlers, time was precious and 3 hours was ideal. Fast forward to now and not only are our courses in Phoenix packed all winter long so it isn't possible, but if the round was 3 hours it would not be enjoyable for my friends and I unless I was playing alone. Everyone has their own priorities. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

1 hour ago, RetiredBoomer said:

You left "the player just prefers to ride!" out of your list of reasons.

I'm a senior who plays weekday golf with other retired seniors.

The course is not crowded on weekdays.
Congestion is not a problem.

We like to ride.

People who like to walk are allowed to walk.

No problems so far.

I don't know what it's like on weekends.

Indeed, I did forget about those golfers who just like to ride.  Sorry for the omission.

You are very fortunate! I am also a senior (75 years old), and I play more than 95% of my golf on weekday mornings. Courses around here (Eastern PA and Central/Southern NJ) are jam-packed on weekdays.

Edited by funkyjudge
Typo

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!