Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

HillCaddy Golf App (Used for taking upslope/downslope into account)

Hi All,

I wrote a few apps for Android devices that some of you might find fun/useful. They are called HillCaddy and HillCaddy Lite and they are both available on the Google Play Store. The premise of the app is to help take upslope/downslope into account when trying to figure out how far a shot is going to play.

HillCaddy allows you to save data from a launch monitor for all of your clubs and uses that data to simulate your ball flight based on the current air density (which most Android phones are equipped to calculate), your distance from the target, and the angle to the target (which can be captured using the phone's accelerometer). It will tell you how far each of your clubs will land from the target and recommend the club which will land closest.

Because HillCaddy was kind of exclusive in the sense that it forced the users to log shots on a launch monitor for each club, I created a similar app (HillCaddy Lite) that uses a simpler algorithm. HillCaddy Lite allows you to just program it with the yardage for each club and go play. When using HillCaddy Lite, you can still capture the angle to the target, enter the distance, and it will tell you approximately how far the shot will play based on the upslope/downslope. It doesn't take air density into account and it doesn't simulate your ball flight like HillCaddy does, but it's still pretty useful and helps for those shots when you have no idea how far it will play because of a severe upslope or downslope.

Anyways, both apps are free and they don't have any annoying adds. I made them as a side project because I thought it would be fun and my Father was constantly asking how far different shots would play. If you have any questions or need a demo I would be happy to explain further. Please check them out if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Here's a link to HillCaddy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clint.hillcaddy

and HillCaddy Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clint.hillcaddylite

Thanks!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Archived