Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×
  • Forum Recap: Rapsodo MLM2PRO

GolfSpy_APH

A Comprehensive Review by MyGolfSpy Forum Testers

RapsodoRange.jpeg

Introduction:

The anticipation among our members for the testing opportunity of the Rapsodo MLM2PRO was nothing short of palpable. While the Rapsodo MLM had already established itself as a highly utilized and well-reviewed product on the MyGolfSpy Forum, the addition of enhanced features in the MLM2PRO made it one of the most eagerly awaited items for our testing season.

Selection Process:

Our Forum Staff handpicked a select group of members to conduct thorough reviews. These individuals were tasked with rigorously testing all functions and features of the MLM2PRO and providing regular updates to the community. Their insights would culminate in a final, comprehensive review assessing the performance and features of the new Rapsodo MLM2PRO.

Introducing the Rapsodo MLM2PRO

Rapsodo, with a commitment to continuous improvement, introduces the MLM2PRO, offering significant enhancements while maintaining an affordable price point. Here's a glimpse of the remarkable features that accompany the new Rapsodo MLM2PRO:

• 1 Year Premium Membership ($199 Value) included with the device
    • Dual optical camera vision
    • Shot Vision and Impact Vision for versatile swing replay options
    • Simulation at 30,000+ golf courses
    • Quick Connect Feature for seamless setup
    • Rapsodo Combines for a comprehensive analysis
    • Full functionality both indoors and outdoors
    • NEW R-Cloud site
    • Apple and Android compatibility

Accolades:

In the MyGolfSpy's latest rankings for the Best Golf Launch Monitors of 2023, the Rapsodo MLM2PRO secured an impressive 2nd position, narrowly trailing the Bushnell Launch Pro. Noteworthy is the fact that the Bushnell Launch Pro can cost up to $2800 more, making the Rapsodo MLM2PRO a cost-effective alternative.

User Feedback:

With high praise preceding the testing phase, our eagerly awaited testers have shared their experiences with the Rapsodo MLM2PRO. Let's delve into their firsthand accounts and uncover the insights they've gained from putting this cutting-edge device to the test.

Insights from Testers

Rapsodounboxing.jpeg

Unboxing & Setup

When you invest in the Rapsodo MLM2PRO, you're not just getting a launch monitor – you're getting a complete package. In addition to the device itself, the package includes a tripod, a convenient carrying case, a USB-C charging cable, and even a sleeve of Callaway RPT Chrome Soft X Golf Balls (more on these later).

One of our testers, xOldBenKenobiX, enthusiastically shared his first experience with a personal launch monitor and the setup process:

"This is my first extended experience with a mobile launch monitor, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The device, neatly contained in a compact and highly portable package, packs quite a punch. Setting it up on the range was a breeze – turning it on, connecting it to my phone, configuring the location – it was good to go. These steps might sound lengthy, but in reality, it was a matter of mere minutes before I was teeing off."

Another tester, CSiders12, expressed his great initial impressions:

"This monitor is sweet—no beating around that bush. From the delivery, packaging, and performance, I have been very impressed so far."

RapsodoSet.jpeg

The Rapsodo App

Rapsodo is committed to enhancing the user experience of its app through regular fixes and updates. Our testers have noticed significant improvements with each update.

Tester Golfspy_APH shared his thoughts:

"While there are a few things I might tweak with the app, Rapsodo has consistently pushed through updates that addressed any initial qualms I had. The recent update includes a bulk club add feature. Setup of the unit couldn’t be easier. With the phone in hand, everything is marked, and within seconds, you can have the whole unit aligned for your session on the range or at home into a net."

AppInsights2.jpg

Additionally, Rapsodo has launched a new website called R-Cloud, allowing users to view all their sessions, videos, and more on a PC – a valuable addition for Rapsodo MLM2PRO users.

Features - Cameras & Viewing Options

TriCamera.jpg

The Rapsodo MLM2PRO boasts a myriad of features, with our testers providing insightful perspectives. CSiders12 highlighted the impact vision feature:

"Impact vision allows you to see the impact between the golf club and the golf ball. I found this to be really beneficial when focusing on club face control and swing path. During impact vision mode, you get a slow-mo video of the impact position."

RapsodoMultiview.jpeg

Golfspy_APH, on the other hand, praised the multi-camera setup:

"The ability to take one swing and have 3 different and usable camera views of the same swing was game-changing. Being able to breakdown and analyze your swing from down the line, impact, and face on using your phone or tablet is simply the best."

Features: Numbers & Accuracy

RCTBalls.jpg

Accurate data is crucial, and our testers found that the Rapsodo MLM2PRO delivered impressive consistency and precision. Outdoor flights replicated on-course play, and the use of Callaway RPT Golf Balls significantly improved net numbers' accuracy.

Tester xOldBenKenobiX noted:

"To maintain transparency, it's worth noting that I observed some variations in data when using different types of golf balls, including range balls, RPT balls, and regular golf balls with the RPT pattern. The RPT balls provided more consistent feedback, even on mishits."

The Rapsodo MLM2PRO measures 13 different metrics, providing comprehensive insights for golfers to enhance their performance.

AppOptions2.jpg

Features: Golf Simulator 

A standout feature of the Rapsodo MLM2PRO is the Simulation Mode, as highlighted by CSiders12:

"The simulation mode is a huge success. Whether you choose to go to the range or play on courses, it's beneficial. The range option is especially helpful when hitting indoors. By having simulation experiences, it allows me to see my shot shape and what I need to work on during my practice sessions."

RapsodoRange.png

While Rapsodo offers its own courses, CSiders12 mentioned third-party apps like Awesome Golf and E6, providing users with diverse simulation experiences.

Golfspy_APH shared his experience:

"I used the MLM2PRO as a warmup for a tournament at a course that I had never played. It helped me prepare for the round and without question saved me several strokes."

Rapsodo Combines

Finally Rapsodo offers a unique program they call combines. Our tester Golfspy BOS explains it perfectly. 

“One of the new features that I am growing fond of is the Performance Combine.  When you do a combine session you hit 3 clubs.  2 clubs to approach distances and 1 as a tee shot.  You get some warmup shots and then, games on!  The app lets you know which shot you are trying to hit and rotates through until 8 of each distance, 24 total shots.  No retakes, no deletes, no hiding.  It is a great way to get some quick but effective practice with a little added pressure.”

The Final Verdict

RapsodoNet.jpeg

With final grades ranging between 90 and 96 out of 100, it's clear that the Rapsodo MLM2PRO made a significant impact on our testers. In conclusion, xOldBenKenobiX emphasized:

"This golf simulation system is more than a mere gadget; it is a powerful practice tool that adds an element of fun and challenge to your practice sessions. With some refinements and improvements, it has the potential to be an invaluable asset for golf enthusiasts seeking to elevate their game."

CSiders12 wrapped up his review with a compelling recommendation:

"If you want to improve your golf game, you need data. This device will provide the data you need (and more) for a fraction of the cost of its competitors. If you are considering a launch monitor, definitely consider the Rapsodo MLM2Pro as you won’t find another one like it for the price."

Golfspy_APH concluded:

"I really enjoyed the original MLM; however, the MLM2PRO has taken Rapsodo from a nice-to-have to a must-have piece of equipment for me."

Golfspy BOS wrapped up his review saying:

“The Rapsodo MLM2PRO is everything I wanted the original MLM to be and more.”

PerfectStrike.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sounds like finally the average golfer has something they can purchase that gives the same info or at least similar to the 10000.00 - 20000.00 units the pro’s must have. 
    This is good news, but will hold off for myself as the PGA Show in January 23-26 to see what new things are coming.

I wish this review was earlier in the year,  I would have purchased one already but being so close to the show I’m going to hold off. 

23 minutes ago, Irish-Assassin said:

Sounds like finally the average golfer has something they can purchase that gives the same info or at least similar to the 10000.00 - 20000.00 units the pro’s must have. 
    This is good news, but will hold off for myself as the PGA Show in January 23-26 to see what new things are coming.

I wish this review was earlier in the year,  I would have purchased one already but being so close to the show I’m going to hold off. 

Rapsodo won't be coming out with a new model. They have also continually pushed updates making it relevant and progressing it forward.

There are sure to be other items, but doubtful they cost the same or less.

Thanks APH, I know they don’t have anything for this year's show and don’t feel they need to improve what they have right now. It does what it says on the tin and would say to other players, purchase one as it will no doubt improve their game.

I’m open to purchase one myself and also doubt anything in next years pga show will be close to the tech and cost. 

But I need that peak first, for my own due diligence. 

I will echo what @GolfSpy_APH has said. The MLM2Pro is leaps and bounds better than the first generation MLM. To be fair to the MLM, at its inception it was tremendously better than other devices at the same price point. The progression that Rapsodo has made over the generations is astounding and I can’t wait to see what they update next. This unit would be worth your consideration at twice the price. What are you waiting for? Go get one!

Hi, just wondering. I received my MLM2 pro in April after pre ordering it at the beginning of the year. I had quite a few issues with WiFi connection and yardages being all over the map. And in the end returned the monitor.  Did any of the reviewers have similar problems? Or did all of the issues I had get resolved in the firmware/software updates? Thanks

1 minute ago, onesipwonder said:

was told that it requires subscription to use it. Is it true? Debating if I should get this or R10.  

With purchase of MLM2Pro comes a one year subscription to their premium service. After the first year, it is an annual renewal of $199.99. The unit can be used without the premium subscription but the functionality is pared down i.e. no spin data, combines, or simulator.

2 hours ago, KenBender said:

Hi, just wondering. I received my MLM2 pro in April after pre ordering it at the beginning of the year. I had quite a few issues with WiFi connection and yardages being all over the map. And in the end returned the monitor.  Did any of the reviewers have similar problems? Or did all of the issues I had get resolved in the firmware/software updates? Thanks

There were a lot of bugs to start when it released. However I have not had a single issue during my time. They have pushed through at least 3 updates since I got the unit.

I like the ability to add multiple of the same club, so now I can hit multiple drivers & know which is which for comparison later.

Does anyone know if you can hook up your cell phone to a laptop?  I'd like to be able to see a larger screen when 'playing' a course.  

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Got my net and setup finished yesterday so back and ready to hit the Rapsodo for more sim rounds!

Love it Jamie!  I almost have my garage space back too, will be a big plus to be able to go out on lunch and make some swings again to keep fresh.

I can’t help but keep coming back to the MLM2 Pro so after reading this recap I’m going to buy one today. I currently have a Garmin R10 but am beyond tired of having to move my camera to get different shots of my swing to send to my Skillest coach. 

I've tried to change my email address with Rapsodo but it appears you can't do it 😧 I'd like to use my iPad mini with the Rapsodo launch monitor and for that I have a new email address because I lots and lots of Spam with the old one from the 80's and I'm slowly getting shot of it. Has anyone tried to do this because it appears impossible, I've asked Rapsodo 3 times and the third reply told me I can only use the original email 📨. What's the deal if I want to sell I have to give the buyer my email 😔 that can't be right ▶️ help 😞

21 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I've tried to change my email address with Rapsodo but it appears you can't do it 😧 I'd like to use my iPad mini with the Rapsodo launch monitor and for that I have a new email address because I lots and lots of Spam with the old one from the 80's and I'm slowly getting shot of it. Has anyone tried to do this because it appears impossible, I've asked Rapsodo 3 times and the third reply told me I can only use the original email 📨. What's the deal if I want to sell I have to give the buyer my email 😔 that can't be right ▶️ help 😞

If you were to sell it that new person would have to create their own account and pay for the premium membership. 

I can't say one way or another about changing email, but it would be your premium account that is attached to the email. Which makes sense. Best thing you could look at when your membership is up, stop and start it up with a new email address. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you were to sell it that new person would have to create their own account and pay for the premium membership. 

I can't say one way or another about changing email, but it would be your premium account that is attached to the email. Which makes sense. Best thing you could look at when your membership is up, stop and start it up with a new email address. 

Was about to suggest this. The downside to this is you would lose all data from the 1st account and essentially have to start over. If you are ok with that then you can accomplish what you are wanting pretty easily, just have to wait till your 1st year membership is up.

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

6 hours ago, Coulter said:

Was about to suggest this. The downside to this is you would lose all data from the 1st account and essentially have to start over. If you are ok with that then you can accomplish what you are wanting pretty easily, just have to wait till your 1st year membership is up.

Premium lapsed a couple of years ago as I'm happy with basic info as I'm playing very little golf  due to illness issues and using the Rapsodo as a practice motivation in my back yard 😉 oh well another hurdle to get over...

11 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Premium lapsed a couple of years ago as I'm happy with basic info as I'm playing very little golf  due to illness issues and using the Rapsodo as a practice motivation in my back yard 😉 oh well another hurdle to get over...

Just create a new account then?

14 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just create a new account then?

23 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Hmmmmmm Rapsodo say NO....