Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,450 signups
Equipment Type: Technology
Vendor: deWiz

Testers Wanted! deWiz Golf Swing Modifier

Boxes of Device copy.JPG

We're excited to announce a new testing opportunity for 2023, introducing the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier for our next MyGolfSpy Forum Member Test!

If you haven't heard of deWiz before, you're not alone. Here's a quick insight into what deWiz says about their product: "deWiz is a wearable piece of technology featuring a patented biofeedback system designed to help golfers swiftly and efficiently implement crucial swing changes. With over a dozen unique data points on each swing, deWiz employs 3D motion tracking to provide golfers with a crystal-clear understanding of their swing mechanics."

As the golf season winds down in various parts of the world, deWiz could potentially emerge as the perfect companion for those keen on refining their game during the off-season. What's more, this versatile device can be used both indoors and outdoors, with or without a club.

Recently, deWiz revealed its much-anticipated "On-Course Mode," which has earned the stamp of approval from the USGA. This feature means you can access the same insightful swing analysis whether you're in the comfort of your home office or competing for your Club Championship.

deWizApp.JPG

For many golfers, this time of the year offers an ideal window for making swing changes and taking lessons. With all that said, we're seeking four dedicated golfers to thoroughly test, review, and keep the deWiz Golf Swing Modifier. Priced at $599.99, it represents a significant investment. Is it worthy of a spot on golfers' wish lists for the upcoming holiday season? How well does it perform on the course and during practice at home? These are just some of the questions we aim to answer through the testing process.

Do you want to be a tester for deWiz

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers worldwide. 
*Registration closes November 3, 2023 with testers being announced November 7, 2023.

119 Comments

Great opportunity to "fix" some bad swing habits over the winter and play better in the early spring!

Would be grateful to give this a try!

Thanks!

18 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

It's about that time of year to be relegated to the garage for the next 5 months. Pretty sure @deWiz Golf will help pass the time more productively!

PXL_20230924_225843011.jpg

Working on getting a net and mat setup in my garage for this winter. Mind if I ask what netting you used and how you attached it to your garage door tracks?

12 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Working on getting a net and mat setup in my garage for this winter. Mind if I ask what netting you used and how you attached it to your garage door tracks?

@Jnoble89 Here you go! To attach to the track I just cut some garage door angle to about 1 1/2" pieces and through bolted it with truss head machine screws so the rollers will clear. Ran an eye bolt down through the bottom leg of the angle to attach the net with a carabiner. I can take the whole thing down in about 5 minutes whenever I need to pull my truck in the garage. There's links to all the parts on Amazon in there as well. 

27 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

@Jnoble89 Here you go! To attach to the track I just cut some garage door angle to about 1 1/2" pieces and through bolted it with truss head machine screws so the rollers will clear. Ran an eye bolt down through the bottom leg of the angle to attach the net with a carabiner. I can take the whole thing down in about 5 minutes whenever I need to pull my truck in the garage. There's links to all the parts on Amazon in there as well. 

This is literally perfect, thank you! My next question was going to be how long it took to set up/tear down for the same reason! 

As an owner of the Suunto G6 and a Zepp swing analyzer I am really interested in testing this product and the differences it may have. I could give a fair valuation of the differences and advantages.

I've considered this device in the past after destroying a couple brands of on club analyzers and having poor reliability with others.  I opted for a better launch monitor instead but I'd sure like to see how DeWiz works, especially considering that I can use it on course.

I would love to give deWiz a shot. I already wear a Garmin S60 and so I don't imagine wearing this would upset my swing any. While I have fought a slice for much of my golfing career, I am now fighting a draw. I need to be more consistently in the middle! LOL

I saw the Crossfield review a couple of weeks ago and the DeWiz sounds like an amazing training aid so YES I would love to give it a thorough workout and review!

What a perfect testing mix. Indoor, outdoor, with or without a club. This could be the key that unlocks the Kingdom without explaining to your spouse why taking out a second mortgage on your house to build that special training structure off of your bedroom is a great idea. I look forward to the opportunity to test. 

I am definitely curious about this particular product. I live in a small Northern Alberta city and don't have access to any real golf instruction. With the winter months well upon us, my only options are to try and pursue online training or perhaps a device like this to help find where I need to work on the swing. I would be very interested to see if this could be a relatively easy and inexpensive way to improve the swing with regular practice. 

Just watched a video on Golficity with this product and it looks awesome. Doesn't seem too complex to actually use the product and would really interested in all the numbers that you can pull. They were specifically talking about the number that indicates change in hand position and how it indicates coming over the top.

What I am interested to see is how the tactical feedback loop actually works. To modify your swing (change that swing habit) you have to be some sort of Zen master at isolating parts of your brain and somehow re-writing your habit or swing exactly the same way 10,000 times (that many for me at least). I am guessing this wrist gizmo is going to let you know in the swing that you are not swinging correctly, how??? Electric shock to the wrist? Giant cartoon set of jaws going to come out and clamp onto your forearm? Either way pain is a great motivator but not a huge selling device. 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:49 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I promise when I said testing was over for the season it was... Until it wasn't. Thank you @deWiz Golf for this awesome opportunity for our community! 

There is no "season" here in Brisbane so send me on whatever you have 😉

On 10/28/2023 at 3:49 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I promise when I said testing was over for the season it was... Until it wasn't. Thank you @deWiz Golf for this awesome opportunity for our community! 

Never used training aids, but would love someone to change my mind

This Test is now closed to further comments.