Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned) ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned)

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,829 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Haywood

HaywoodFeature.jpg

About Haywood Golf

Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2018, Haywood Golf is a relatively new addition to the DTC (Direct-to-consumer) market. However, Haywood has made a concerted effort to differentiate itself by offering multiple fitting locations worldwide. They also build all their clubs in Canada. 

With a move to a new and bigger location in the Vancouver area, Haywood looks to expand on its existing lineup, which already includes a multi-material designed driver and fairway wood, along with a newly released hybrid. Haywood then boasts four different iron models, a driving iron, wedges, and two different putter models (one mallet and one blade). Impressively, all their golf clubs are also available in right and left-handed options. Very Canadian!

With so many DTC brands available to consumers, Haywood separates itself by offering more fitting location options and special runs of copper and black nitride finish clubs, along with extremely competitive prices and a ton of options to fit your game.

HaywoodCBMB.jpg

What is being tested?

For this testing opportunity, we will have four fortunate golfers test, review, and keep a full set of the Haywood CB/MB Combo irons. With four split set options and full CB or MB, Haywood is introducing their first forged iron using 1020 carbon steel, which is then “100% milled, allowing for the tightest weight and club measurement tolerances in the industry.”

Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?

Selected testers will be offered a virtual fit with Haywood Golf to aid in getting the best set possible for them as part of the testing experience.

HaywoodMB.jpg

Want to be a tester?

HaywoodCB.jpg

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Registration closes Feb 28.

*Testers announced March 5 on the Forum.

267 Comments

As a TM fanboy these irons look absolutely mint! I was looking at these irons when i was shopping for new ones a few years back. The price is def affordable compared to the leading manufacturers but being a weekend warrior, i couldn't justify spending money on clubs i wasn't able to test. Really glad MGS is doing a testing on these! Good luck to everyone, and looking forward to seeing the reviews! 

With the high cost of Popular Brands like T/Made Callaway and Ping asking upwards of $1800 dollars with clubs made of the same materials as good quality DTC Brands, it's shocking that companies like Haywood can produce top quality clubs and compete with the top brands. Not only compete but down right embarrass the sticker price of the Big Brands, I game a set of Takomo T100  Irons and they are amazing.

DTC Pricing and quality did not disappoint, they are everything that the Company say they are, and more... 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thrilled to have another DTC brand join the member testing family. Haywood offers a cool story and being Canadian and having lived very close to where they are now located I am just excited to have them take part. 

With a huge new studio coming for fittings and more and a great active social account with often some special clubs this should be a great and fun test to follow!

Hometown pride! This is an awesome opportunity for some lucky testers, these are great looking irons in real life, and I’m a big fan of DTC. The lucky testers will be blown away by these. Huge shout out to MGS and Haywood for this opportunity! Best of luck to all that apply!

Irons, I love hitting irons! I'll be honest that I have never heard of Haywood before but after checking out there website and reading through the reviews it's seems like everyone that tries out these irons are completely satisfied and they also talk about Josh and how he goes out of his way to make sure you get the best set of irons available to you. I will definitely be following along to see how this test goes and looking forward to the results. Thank you Haywood and MGS for this amazing opportunity!

Nice looking clubs, but wish they would come with stronger lofts. Their current lofts according to the web site are 4 to 7 degrees weaker than many of the OEM sets being offered depending on model. The last thing I and I'm sure many other's need is to be going backwards in distance. 

As someone who is looking to get an iron fitting this just looks awesome. I've been doing a lot of research and there are just a ton of brands that don't get the credit they deserve. This set looks sweet and would love to see how they compare. It would also make for some great content for my vlogs. Fingers crossed.

Awesome to see Haywood in the mix for testing this year! I've been following them on instagram for a long time and always thought their offerings looked amazing

This is one I’m very interested in because although I enjoy my Callaway Apex ‘19s, I wish my dispersion was a bit better with them. Arccos has my approach stats as my worst metric sadly. Given my irons are forged, I could do a direct comparison against these if you give me a shot MGS!!!

3 hours ago, scotter032 said:

Here I thought I was familiar with all the smaller DTC brands! 

I thought the same thing, but I've never heard of Haywood. The look of these irons on their website and insta look fantastic! I especially like the copper CB's! What a great testing opportunity from Haywood and the MGS forum staff! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.