Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,686 signups
Equipment Type: Shoe
Vendor: SQAIRZ

Testers Wanted!

TW-SV-Feature.jpg

Can shoes make a real impact on a golfer's ability to swing faster and increase their swing speed? This is what SQAIRZ has claimed with their previous models and built their platform on. This Testers Wanted opportunity from SQAIRZ golf shoes includes their new VELO golf shoe, the first-ever speed-rated golf shoe.

About SQAIRZ VELO

This shoe is packed with technology and some pretty bold claims. In SQAIRZ testing, they found golfers using the VELO averaged an increase of 2.9 MPH in swing speed and tighter dispersion. That alone is huge.

The other technology features that the SQAIRZ VELO incorporates are as follows:

• Proprietary SQAIRZ NRG-Direct Technology for a reduction in energy loss.
  • Patented SQAIRZ toe box.
  • Proprietary Sta-Put lacing system.
  • New LaceLock system.
  • Patented AI-generated “smart-traction” system.
  • 100% waterproof but breathable materials.
  • New lightweight-response SQAIRZ NFG-Foam for additional comfort.

As I said, a lot of technology in a shoe. With the claims of a significant increase in swing speed and a new style, these are a must-test for our forum members.

TW-SV-Course.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

Along with the technology, the SQAIRZ VELO has an all-new look and a choice of three colors. The new style is still bold but certainly more subtle than their previous models with a clean aesthetic. MyGolfSpy Forum is looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a pair of the new SQAIRZ VELO golf shoes. Testers will receive a pair of VELO shoes in the color of their choosing.

We want to know if the speed claims are true, we want to know how waterproof the VELO really is, and how comfortable they really are!

Want to be our next tester?

TW-SV-BLUE.jpg

*Registration ends Mar. 28

*Testers will be announced on the forum on April 2.

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in the US.

TW-SV-Black.jpg

153 Comments

As someone who already wears Sqairz shoes, I would be in position to make a comparison between the new models and the older ones and the claims of lighter weight, more distance, more comfort, more stability.

Nice looking golf shoe. I've been walking the links exclusively in FootJoy's for 35 years, my feet never get tired and stay dry. However, I have been looking for something a little more sporty looking to wear with shorts, that's where FJ always seams to fumble. Could Sqairz win me over? Maybe.

These look amazing!  Good luck to all who apply!

The great thing about these is that even without the soft spikes they look like they would have good traction on the bottom.

Also, interesting placement of the spikes. Looks like they focused them into higher pressure areas .

Screenshot_20240323_070413_Chrome.jpg

I'm a committed walker. I have found I do not play as well when riding, I'm just not as connected to the game. Not only is comfort important as a walker, confidence in footing especially on uneven lies makes for one less variable to distract while playing. I've worn several pair of Adidas for a number of years and am curious to see how Sqairz Velo compare.

I need to try some new shoes.  My last pair delaminated in the middle of a round! I have some old FJs now but I NEED a new pair.  It'll be great to follow this one!

As a long time Nike user I would be very curious to see how these compare. Also there is the claim on the increased ball speed and tighter dispersion. Has anyone actually experienced that? If so, that’s amazing as every little bit helps!

I have been using Ecco (see pic for current pair) for a while now and they are amazing, but can this be true? Added swing speed and better dispersion simply by changing the shoe that you wear? Would love the opportunity to put them through their paces, see what I did there? lol 

IMG_1773.png

2 minutes ago, Marylee Henfling said:

Hmmm. Are these just being tested in men’s shoes? Women play golf and spend a lot of money on golf shoes….you should have an equal number of woman testers…..same for most things you test  

Great point!

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else ready to see if a simple change of shoe can boost your swing speed?

If this is true, they will sell millions of pairs. Hard to believe in my opinion. But we will have to wait and see. 

Nice looking shoe. I ride/walk (75%/25%). Most of the courses I play are relatively flat (some rolling terrain), but the holes are stretched out in between. I need a very comfortable shoe to play well through 18 holes. I wear my FJs riding, and my New Balance/Skechers walking. I'd try these test shoes first riding, then walking. For me, comfort trumps game improvement in a shoe.

I would love the opportunity to  test these shoes out. I have recently learned and utilize a simulator with data tracking for information on my golf game. The ball speed, swing speed, ball path of the club, ect.  I do have a slower swing speed due to getting a more accurate shot, so if these shoes can help me with getting more swing speed, which I leave a lot on the table. That would be a bonus and an opportunity to lower my scores. 

Certainly any Golfshoe than promotes weight transfer forward at ease is a great example of “technology transfer” in a simple way that can be data proven!

I’m a Believer!

This will be an interesting test...   I'm a NON BELIEVER in shoes adding distance...    I'd love to prove myself wrong by testing them..   If not, will be good to read what others experience.    thanks  

I am a total believer in the SQAIRZ shoes. I tried them last year Mr. Winskowicz sent me a pair to test. I now own 6 pairs and already pre-ordered this shoe. I hope the testers get the same results I did! I used to be a Footjoy player. I have also slipped wearing Footjoy. I have never slipped wearing SQAIRZ. I also feel more stable and the blunt toe area helps with alignment. Love these shoes!!

Have been looking for an ultra comfortable shoe for a loooong time.  Never totally satisfied with my currents.  I would love to try these shoes and write candid and thorough reviews!

This Test is now closed to further comments.