Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,471 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Shafts
Vendor: Terra Forza

Testers Wanted!

TF-FEATURE.jpg

Can the proper golf shaft for your driver be determined solely by how you use the ground in your swing? As part of this "testers wanted" opportunity with Terra Forza Golf Shafts, we will find out!

About Terra Forza

Terra Forza has taken a new approach to shaft fittings and flexes. In this case, it is best to hear about their claims directly from them.

“Our theory revolved around the idea that how a golfer loads and unloads a shaft is directly correlated to how they use the ground. After many years of studying ground reaction forces (GRF) and pressure traces, Terra Forza Golf was born, validating that theory. After some trial and error, we were able to create a line of golf shafts that matched a golfer's pressure trace and pressure data. Our patented algorithm allows us to recognize those traces, along with all of the pressure data coming from the TF Pressure Plates, and objectively determine the proper shaft for any golfer. We welcome you to the new ERA of fitting shafts, from the ground up.”

TF_ALL.jpg

What Is Being Tested

For this testing opportunity, we are searching for four golfers to not only test, review, and keep a Terra Forza golf shaft but also evaluate the fitting method Terra Forza has adopted.

Selected testers will be fitted with the TF Pressure Plates system and be provided with the Terra Forza driver shaft that suits them best.

We want to know how this fitting method works, how effective it is, and ultimately how the Terra Forza shaft performs in your driver! Will the Terra Forza method change the way you think about shaft fittings? Register below to find out!

TF-ORANGE.jpg TF-WHITE.jpg

*Registration closes April 2.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 9.

*Open to golfers able to attend or travel to a Terra Forza fitting location.

126 Comments

3 minutes ago, rarce_torres said:

It would be great to try out the system to pick the right shaft.  Something like this is always needed in rural areas.

I agree! I literally have to drive at least 4 hours to get most things if it isn't at a Walmart or Sam's the good luck getting things without having to order it and hope it works.  Even though I live in the largest or second largest City depending on who you talk to in Wyoming we just don't have the people or the opportunities to get some stuff unless we drive to Denver, Rapid City, Salt Lake,

I am having a bit of a hard time understanding the logic behind this. How you use the ground is a very small variable in the swing. I can speak for myself and say that I don't use the ground the same way depending on what I'm trying to do with my swing. Maybe that's my issue? I'm not particularly long, but I don't miss many fairways with my driver. It's probably my most dependable club.   

This is a very exciting opportunity. Although I live in Canada I'm only a short drive from the Terra Forza fitting location in Rochester MI. Would love to experience their fitting theory and try their shaft. Best of luck to all who apply. 

Looks like a good opportunity, good luck to all those that sign up. Will be looking forward to seeing the results.

Looking forward to this one - and I'm close to the fitting location in Michigan! 

Currently using a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue in my Rogue LS Max

Absolutely fascinating concept !!   I'll be checking in on this one for sure.

I've tried sooooo many driver shafts over the winter, and still really not sure what a best fit is.  Doing OK, but I just feel like there's the almost perfect fit out there.  Maybe that's just the infinite pursuit in golf , LOL !

Not even remotely close to a fitting location, so not signing up, but good luck to all that enter!

Will be very, very interested to see how this turns out.

Love the concept and thought process - using your footing and ground pressure through the swing to determine the right shaft, brilliant! As a "reverse c" swinger, my right heel comes up rather quickly during the downswing I'd be curious the shaft spec recommended here versus my longstanding favorite Mitsubishi Diamana D+Plus Limited 70. I upgraded from an old 913d to the 410LST last summer and couldn't hit it until I put the Diamana in play. Game changer since.

I recently went through a PXG fitting which was less than stellar and did not see any measurable improvement. I'm intrigued by your method and would appreciate the opportunity to work with your team!

Currently rocking a 3W shaft to help my slice. Tried other brands drivers and dispersion lowered and distance grew. just can't afford the 900$ price tags of new drivers. Hopefully I can get fit and tighten my dispersion and maybe gain yards again.

After watching their instagram videos, I’ve got to say I’m a little skeptical about the shafts improving club head speed and distance just based on pressure you put into the ground. With that said, I am not a scientist nor will I claim to be. I do find this interesting but I am skeptical of the whole pressure pad thing telling you what shaft you should use. 

Do you get feedback from the plates on how you are using the ground or does it just go like boom you're a green, boom you are a red?

One thing I always tell players who are wanting to get fitted for golf clubs, the shaft is more important than the head. Excited for the opportunity to potentially try out a new brand of driver shaft. I am always tinkering with my gear.

I am interested in if my Hazardous Blue shafts are better or worse. @GolfSpy_BNG maybe you know I am a lefty, and I am missing everything left even with an inside club path and a right clubface. 

My current driver and shaft are Ping G with a Hazardous Blue 65g Low Spin shaft (stiff Flex), my swing speed is 125-130 club head speed. 

This makes a lot of sense to me...Swing speed is not the only consideration when match a player to a shaft. Load matters, too! I welcome an opportunity to be fitted with load as a parameter in shaft choice.

This is an interesting process for shaft fitting. I've been looking to change out my shafts and I'm excited about the chance to review the fitting process and shafts. It looks like there's a location in Walnut Creek, which is only an hour away.

I would love to try the Terra Forza...   currently hitting a Titleist TSR1 9 degree with a Fuji Motore F3 5-R2      tried to emulate the autoflex without spending 800...    thanks for the opportunity  

Would be a quick 2.5 Drive to San Anotnio for me. Would love to try the pressure plate approach, and upgrade my 11 year old Diamana Whiteboard 70x.

Good luck all!

3 hours ago, gablain said:

I am interested in if my Hazardous Blue shafts are better or worse. @GolfSpy_BNG maybe you know I am a lefty, and I am missing everything left even with an inside club path and a right clubface. 

My current driver and shaft are Ping G with a Hazardous Blue 65g Low Spin shaft (stiff Flex), my swing speed is 125-130 club head speed. 

Pm sent so we don’t sidetrack this thread

I’m 100% behind fitting for shafts - even putter shafts so this is going to be interesting, informative and fun based on the background info from the company! Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to the feedback. 

I would love to test one as I am looking to move to a Stiff shaft for my diver as I am slowing my swing speed due to control issues. 🙃

Fascinated to try this. I have a bit of a forward slide with my driver swing. Would love to see if the ground pressure fitting concept could unlock something new for me.

Will travel as needed

Current Driver - Qi10 Max - HZRDUS black 60 - 6.0

Very intriguing fitting concept based on where force is generated and how it's transferred to the shaft loading.  I hope to be a tester of course, but either way will be watching this one with a keen eye!

This sounds very intriguing and would love to get fitted and test your driver shafts.

I currently play a UST Mamiya ProForce V2 6F4 Stiff shaft with 2.9 deg of torque in my Taylormade M6 9.0 deg head adjusted to 9.5 deg.

This Test is now closed to further comments.