Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,559 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

I was recently fit into an AI-ONE Seven S Putter, but I was intrigued by the LAB DF 3 -- I couldn't quite get behind the cost, the size or the heart-shaped back end of the 2.1. This would be an exciting opportunity!

Oh my, MGS does it again. What an awesome and fabulous opportunity to test the L.A.B. putter. There will be huge interest in this and just as courses are opening up.  The drooling has started. Let the stampede of applications begin. 
image.jpeg.52714e4b989ccf3399ff2e0fd9ec6501.jpeg

Looking forward to this!  Had my eye on a LAB for a couple years but can't pull the trigger over the size and this new DF3 might be the answer.

Would love to test this out but either way I'll be following this one closely.

I have to admit that I don't love the look of these putters. Having said that, I am intrigued by lie angle balance putters and would love to give one of these a shot. I would love to test out distance control vs my current putters (Ping Anser 2 and Cleveland Huntington Beach).

The one I’ve been waiting for!! Would love to see what the directed force would do for me. The Cobra Cuda with the varying face loft has actually improved my distance control on all distances of putts compared to a traditional blade previously. Consistently 1.8 putts per round for a year now. Would be cool to see if that would change with LAB Golf. 

I’ve always been a mallet kinda guy, but I’ve always been a bit uncertain of the size of the L.A.B putters, so I’m excited to hear that this model will be slightly smaller. As someone who looks for a square / more closed face in my putters, I’m definitely curious to check this one out and see if it can improve my play on the greens 🍀 

I love putting and have a 15’ putting mat behind my office chair and putt 75-100 balls a day with 3 different putters.  I’ve wanted to try a putter with the shaft in the center for a really long time and have even considered buying something super cheap off eBay just to try.  I hope I am selected.  Me being a lefty and living in No Man’s Land means I don’t get to try out many options unless I buy them.  

I’ll compare it to my Scotty Cameron Del Mar, Odyssey triple track, and Taylormade Juno, and I’ll track my numbers from 5’ to 15’ in comparison to the others.  It would be so fun.  Not to mention time on the course.  I did that with my other putters to see if there was a tangible difference between my accuracy between the others.  

Oh boy would this be great!  I have been looking at all the models online trying to figure out which one I like best between the DF 2.1, DF 3, or the Mezz 1.  The worst part of my game is putting and would love the opportunity to test (even if I couldn't keep it) just to see how it works on the course under pressure and not just in a golf shop.  image.png.51183a50e33d252c4fb48a6d6659bec5.png

This is exciting. Every YouTuber and their brother have tried these out recently. I’ve hit them in the store, and the technology makes sense. I’d love to see how they actually work as a gamer. 

I’ve had Pings, Odysseys, Scotty’s, Bendi’s, Seemores, etc. These are definitely intriguing. 

I've been seriously considering making the 90 minute drive to the nearest fitter that carries these and trying a Mezz1 broomstick.  Also curious on trying it out face forward on putts 5' and less. I want to get my 5' range about as good as my 3' range.   I've already improved my putting with the Cobra Agera Armlock by about 3 strokes a round. Would like to see if I can get another 3. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.