Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

I have enjoyed my set of Gen 6 0311p. I appreciate the look of the club and feel I’m relatively consistent with the clubs. My only concern with the clubs thus far is sometimes I feel the ball comes off hot giving me an additional 10yds. None the less, I enjoy the clubs greatly and feel like my score has improved as a result. 

Looking forward to the feedback on these. I have hit the "oldschool" OG PXG irons before, loved them simply due to the feel. They look much different now a days but hoping they maintain that pure iron feel. 

Being able to play about once a week, I Would love the opportunity to test these PXG irons.  Living in Denver metro area and having a PXG fitting shop in the area is also a bonus.  It seems PXG has made some big leaps recently to partner with the everyday golfer to help improve their play.  Now would be a great time to upgrade my current Cobra irons and see what difference PXG would be.  Good luck to all the entrants looking forward to hearing all the feedback and results. 

I laid off playing for about 15 years due to young kids. I got back into it two years ago and replaced my old set with some PXG Gen 5 311P. They helped my game and now looking to see if the Gen 7 XP will help me more as I get older. 

@GolfSpy_BEN I checked, those black ops irons definitely come in my size! PXG man to PXG brand: thank you for the opportunity to let 6 spies test! This is an amazing opportunity for a few spies.. Everytime I go to the course ppl always ask "why PXG?".. Bc I want the best! Appreciate Admin for making this happen and good luck to 6 very blessed ppl!

Just now, 3Putt4Double said:

@GolfSpy_BEN I checked, those black ops irons definitely come in my size! PXG man to PXG brand: thank you for the opportunity to let 6 spies test! This is an amazing opportunity for a few spies.. Everytime I go to the course ppl always ask "why PXG?".. Bc I want the best! Appreciate Admin for making this happen and good luck to 6 very blessed ppl!

Appreciate the kind words, but all of the credit goes to @GolfSpy AFG and @GolfSpy_APH! They knocked it out of the park!

Would love to have the opportunity to test. Never really hit my radar before cause of the price. I hear they sound fantastic

Good luck to all the entrants

MGS is giving a great opportunity again! PXG is an awesome company and the irons look amazing! I can’t wait to be a tester HOPEFULLY!! Thank you MGS!!

A little disheartening to see PXG style go more mainstream than their previous generations. While I haven't played them, yet, I like the idea of all the perimeter weighting and potential customizations with changing weights and positions. Would love to try these and see how they improve my competitiveness in regional tournaments!

It would be great to start my golfing rehab with an new set of irons. I can use a new set to work with. Hope I have a chance.

6 minutes ago, aerobicsboytoy said:

It would be great to start my golfing rehab with an new set of irons. I can use a new set to work with. Hope I have a chance.

Just to help u out a little bit bud, u have to have a pic at minimum to be selected

Is there going to be a left handed option, if selected?  Thank you PXG and MGS  for the continued opportunities.  Good luck everyone

Joined the PXG family this calendar year with Gen 6 irons and 5wood, Black Ops Driver and 3 wood. Have loved it so far and have seen my scores drop, included some personal bestse

good luck to those who get to hit these!

6 hours ago, snykei said:

A little disheartening to see PXG style go more mainstream than their previous generations.

Interesting point and I agree.  They've had a very unique appearance since their first product launch and I'm a little surprised they've moved away from that.  The "cap screws" style weighting gives them a mechanical and military look (IMO) and quite cool.

I was able to find out what category these are and they are not in my wheelhouse.  But, I have no doubt 6 spies are going to love testing them and would not be surprised if at least 5 of 6 decide to replace their current arrows.

Good luck to everyone! 🤞

I recently fitted with PXG Gen5 driver just as a test. And I have been duly surprised by it's quality, distance  and accuracy.

So I an very interested in testing the irons. 

Cheers!

First time commenter, but love reading the reviews! I’m a gen1 0311 player and still love my irons! I have been super focused on ball striking the last 6 months so I switched to my old Ping S59 irons. It’s been great for my game, but am looking at new 0317T irons for consistency and workability. I fitted for them and love them, just waiting to pull the trigger! I would be honored to test the gen7 irons! Regardless, I’m excited to see the reviews! Fairways and greens!

WOW! What an incredible opportunity offered by the MGS Staff and PXG! This is truly a remarkable addition to the MGS testing lineup!

Having gone through numerous sets of Japanese clubs—including Callaway Legacy, Miura, and Honma—I finally discovered something that matched their exceptional quality and feel.

I had been collaborating with my local fitter on a combo set of P/XP Gen6 clubs and was on the verge of purchasing them. However, I was eagerly awaiting the chance to try them with the Axiom shafts, which were not available at the time. I had also decided on the Sugar Daddy II wedges in new lofts; their spin performance is outstanding.

And now, this exciting news! I would love to have a combo Gen7 XP/P set and test the new Sugar Daddy III wedges. Perhaps there will be new grinds available as well.

Way to go! 🙏

I am a new return to golf. I saw PXG at the very beginning when they were advertising the new clubs, but had not even introduced the first club to the market. I Guess what I was most interested in at that time was the fact that they had taken Mike Nicolette from Ping. I met him briefly at his sisters wedding. My wife worked with his sister in the 1980s and had gone to high school with Mike. I did not follow PXG or golf much in the 2010’ thru early 20’s. But they seem to have made some great break through. I believe I could give a great evaluation of their newest clubs.

I've been trolling MGS and their reviews for a while. After just replacing my Taylormade driver with a PXG yesterday, the timing is perfect for me to sign up and possibly get a chance to swap out my R7 irons to complete the assimilation.futile-is.gif

Damn, this is awesome!!! I wish I could sign up and participate. Been wanting to play PXG irons for some time, but never had a really good fitting with them for irons. Maybe the next time will be the one. 🙂

Interesting test.  Always been curious about PXG, they have a fitting store in the area, but honestly don't have any experience with them.

This Test is now closed to further comments.