Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

The black ops line look incredibly clean, I'm very curious as to their performance as it IS a new product line. I wonder how the black coating is going to hold up after multiple bunker shots etc.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You'd really prefer those over the on release items? 

Black Ops is a brand new line that should blow ppl away as it's an entirely new line for them...

The black ops line look incredibly clean. I'm very curious as to their performance as, as you stayed it's a new product launch. I wonder how the black is going to hold up after multiple bunker shots etc.

2 minutes ago, ManBeard said:

The black ops line look incredibly clean. I'm very curious as to their performance as, as you stayed it's a new product launch. I wonder how the black is going to hold up after multiple bunker shots etc.

Not specific to the new line as I have not seen them on person. However the PXG black irons I have seen from friends clubs have held up very well. He plays about 4 or 5 times a week and is on the sim every day. While a bit of wear on the bottom, it still looks stellar.

1 minute ago, Florian said:

great one. would love to test it. 

sorry for the double post. 

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You'd really prefer those over the on release items? 

Black Ops is a brand new line that should blow ppl away as it's an entirely new line for them...

More players like irons. That’s all. No hate on the new release. My club builder here has the gen6s and loves them. I presume the gen7 will be fire and the black ops a good 3rd gen and rebrand of the 0211 series

Being a veteran, I love the deep discounts PXG provides.  I also like that the availability of testing the clubs has come along way over the years. That's one reason I didn't take advantage of the discounts.  PXG will definitely be in the testing for future clubs. 

1 hour ago, panhndl said:

My Google-Foo probably stinks, but can anyone enlighten me on the general characteristics of the clubs?  Are they players distance or game improvement, etc.?  I can’t find anything out about them.

thanks

Thew blackops is thee new Game Improvement irons

Haven't played PXG yet, but while on vacation in Orlando a few weeks ago I stopped in a PXG store, I had never been to one before, the staff was great. I demo'd a few irons (0317 T & 0317 CB) picked up a glove and they hooked me up with a few ball markers, a dozen balls and the gentlemen I worked with even sent me a couple of quotes on possible configurations. The experience was great, and I am considering PXG for my next set of irons. So I have a favorable view of PXG.

I do very much like my Gen3... love to see how the new ones compare.  I did love their fitting process,  

Being a veteran have always wondered about these clubs and with the discount would it be worth my time to try a set.  I currently play Titleist and have for many years.  T350 2* flat 1/2" over AMT Red R300 shafts with GolfPride Midsize MCC Plus 4 Grips.  Has worked well but, gosh, would love the opportunity to test these.  I do not change clubs very often, not really trying to buy a game.  Get a set and work on it.  Believing it is more the indian than the arrow.  But with the right arrows, a brave can get a lot of meat to feed a village.  Would love the opportunity.  

I just recently switched to the Gen6 0311 XP irons and they are the best I have hit. They are forgiving, soft, and go a mile

Brand bias towards pxg honest was pretty brutal when it first burst on the scene. Seemingly over priced clubs aimed at the "elitist" golfer. In my opinion terrible looking irons with those damn screws in the back. All DTC with limited fitting opportunity in Canada. 

However. Since this new gen of irons has come out, prices are more competitive. The new irons with the single screw or limited ones look stunning. And fittings in Canada has grown a bit. Where I love there is a single fitter. But with PXG coming to Golf Town (Canada's PGA super store) this should give more people the chance to see their gear and maybe grab something off the rack to test or get fit for. 

0311s are some of the best looking irons out right now imo

Another great testing opportunity. Thank you, MGS! 
I’ve been playing the PXG woods for years, and I’d love the chance to test the irons. 

I’m in the market for new irons, this would be a fantastic opportunity to try some of the best DTC equipment 

MGS is giving a great opportunity again! PXG is an awesome company and the irons look amazing! I can’t wait to be a tester HOPEFULLY!! Thank you MGS!!

This Test is now closed to further comments.