Testers Wanted: Galway Bay Rain Gear

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
993 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

image.png

Galway Bay is known for producing high-quality, all-weather golf apparel, and we’re looking for four golfers to test their latest products. You’ll be testing the Corrib Golf Rain Jacket, Claddagh Chino Rain Pant, and either the Cappagh Performance Hybrid Vest or the Foyle Performance Hybrid Midlayer. These products are designed to protect golfers from the elements while ensuring comfort and performance on the course. The Corrib Jacket in particular includes changes that were direct results from feedback given in our previous Forum member review. So can these products live up to their claims of weather resistance, comfort, and mobility?

Key Products:

• Corrib Golf Rain Jacket: Promises waterproof protection with breathability and stretch for easy movement. How does it hold up in heavy rain, and does it allow for a full range of motion during a swing?
  • Claddagh Chino Rain Pant: Designed to keep you dry without sacrificing style or comfort. Does it really provide the mobility needed for a full round of golf in wet conditions?
  • Cappagh Performance Hybrid Vest or Foyle Performance Hybrid Midlayer: Testers can choose between these two versatile layering pieces, both aimed at adding warmth without compromising flexibility. Do they offer the right balance of warmth, breathability, and mobility on the course?

The Testing Opportunity
We’re selecting four golfers to test these products, assessing everything from comfort to how well they hold up in tough weather conditions. Your feedback will be shared with the MyGolfSpy community to help golfers understand if Galway Bay’s rain gear is worth the investment.

Apply Today!

Open to all registered forum members worldwide.

Registration opens Sept. 12 and closes Sept. 18.

Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 24.

This is your opportunity to test Galway Bay’s latest rain gear and see if it can withstand the elements and improve your game!

101 Comments

As a newly retired public school employee, I am now working at a golf course in the cart barn. I will have all kinds of opportunities to test these while working and playing. Part of my school based job was the girls and boys golf coach for 4 years. During foul weather, I wore my Galeton Repel Rainwear. Great for coaching but not for playing. So now that I am playing 4-5 days a week, I really can test it. 

Was looking at the new line from Galway Bay just yesterday as I’m on the plane to Ireland a week from today! Weather is unpredictable there in the fall. Obviously the test is not in time for this trip but would love to test this for my next golf trip to Dublin!  Good luck to all the spies who are selected!

Galway Bay constantly had some of the highest rated rain wear in the industry and I have no doubt these items will perform. I think it's cool they took member feedback from the last test and made improvements based on that. This should be a good one! 

Thanks to the forum staff and Galway Bay for the opportunity!

I have some sunice in the bag but it will dry rot before I use it here in the desert. Would love a nice set for Bandon Dunes in October but hate to take a spot from someone that could put it to good use a little more frequently. Good luck!

Well, well, well. Looks like I finally have a chance to wear something other than a trash bag when playing in the rain! Now, I’m not saying I’m the Tin Man, but at my age (which is, let’s just say, older than dirt), keeping my drawers dry on the course is a top priority. And yes, I mean from the rain—let’s not get carried away here.

So, let’s do Santa golfer a favor and keep him dry out there! Because, trust me, nobody wants to see a FOBU (Fat Old Bald Ugly) guy scrambling for a towel in the middle of the fairway.

I live and play in the Pacific Northwest; it is raining right now! I am currently wearing Dry Joy by Foot Joy. They work very well in the light to medium level rain we normally get here.

I have a nice set from Zero Restrictions for these days when there may be some snow added to the mix.  

“The Corrib Jacket in particular includes changes that were direct results from feedback given in our previous Forum member review.”

I hope this means they got rid of the “poofiness” around the belly/mid section. I love my GB rain jacket but am forever moving it out of the way when putting. 

I currently have a Sun Mountain set. It's not bad, but it's not breathable at all. Our golf season is between mid/late October and the end of April. Out of the six months we can play outside, four are traditionally wet. And those are the best months temperature-wise without the extreme heat (Well, as extreme as our heat gets for us in Northern New York). When we get breaks of sunshine and temperatures get into the 40s, some courses will open temporarily, and some will be free to let us get out. I have played in temperatures this past year between 46 and 98. Spitting snow in winter to driving wind and rain in the Spring. We have it all. When the course first opens in the spring, we don't wear golf shoes but muck boots. And you better bring a lot of spare junk balls because you're guaranteed a LOT of them are plugging. 

2 hours ago, Pobrien13662 said:

I currently have a Sun Mountain set. It's not bad, but it's not breathable at all. Our golf season is between mid/late October and the end of April. Out of the six months we can play outside, four are traditionally wet. And those are the best months temperature-wise without the extreme heat (Well, as extreme as our heat gets for us in Northern New York). When we get breaks of sunshine and temperatures get into the 40s, some courses will open temporarily, and some will be free to let us get out. I have played in temperatures this past year between 46 and 98. Spitting snow in winter to driving wind and rain in the Spring. We have it all. When the course first opens in the spring, we don't wear golf shoes but muck boots. And you better bring a lot of spare junk balls because you're guaranteed a LOT of them are plugging. 

good luck with those spring time conditions.

42 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

good luck with those spring time conditions.

It’s brutal. And we probably wouldn’t even deal with it except I think after six months of being cooped up in simulators it just doesn’t even matter as long as you’re outside.

16 hours ago, Pobrien13662 said:

It’s brutal. And we probably wouldn’t even deal with it except I think after six months of being cooped up in simulators it just doesn’t even matter as long as you’re outside.

Another good reason why I live in Alabama.  We get rain but we can pretty much play golf year round.

3 hours ago, ScramblinMan said:

Galway Bay is definitely the premium rain gear of the Golfing world. Great opportunity for the MGS community. Good luck to all and stay dry!

Tha

1 hour ago, bama no 1 said:

Another good reason why I live in Alabama.  We get rain but we can pretty much play golf year round.

Tha

I have a little bit to go before I retire from the state here and then we are headed south! At least for the winters.

7 minutes ago, Pobrien13662 said:

I have a little bit to go before I retire from the state here and then we are headed south! At least for the winters.

It's crowded here in San Diego but golf heaven.  Four of the 5 biggest clubmakers, KBS, Evnroll, Indi Golf (wedges), 5 Golfmart stores, Torrey Pines, Scotty Cameron land of snob, and now a PXG store.  Come for a warm easy winter.  Rarely goes below 45 f.  Titleist Performance Institute, too.   I camped at Massawepie in Boy Scouts a few years ago.  Survived the blizzard/freeze of 1977 in Cleveland on Lake Erie.  Zero f for a whole week.