Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
628 signups
Equipment Type: App
Vendor: SwingU

Testers Wanted: SwingU Pro Golf App!

image.png

SwingU Loves Golf

SwingU loves golf and believes that no golfer should have to spend a lot of money to play the game at a high level. SwingU makes world-class technology and content for golfers that are easy-to-use and affordable. They obsess over their user base and the fun & utility their users receive from using its products.

Included in their app are the following features our selected testers will get to test, review and update our community as part of a 4 month data driven review to improve your game!

Get Every Tool A Tour Pro Has Anytime, Anywhere

GPS Rangefinder for Every Course

Digital Scorecard

Keep Track of Your Handicap

Shot Tracking

“Plays Like” Distances

Distances to Greens & Hazards

Wind Speed & Elevation

Club Recommendations

Green Reading Maps For 13,000+ Courses

Enhanced Scorecard and Stats

Hole Insights & Hole Notes

No Ads In-App

Giveaway Eligibility

Strokes Gained Analysis for Each Part of Your Game

Stats & Performance Comparison vs. Your Target Handicap

Relative Handicap for Each Part of Your Game

Post-Round #1 Game Improvement Priority

Post-Round Personalized, Prescriptive Drill

Extensive Library of Performance Practice Drills and Informative Videos

image.png

Does this sound like a test you are interested in taking part in? 

Selected Testers receive the SwingU Pro App for one full year!

This testing opportunity is open to ALL MyGolfSpy Forum Members, including those currently testing! Worldwide, Left or Right handed all are welcome to apply!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Want to learn more about SwingU and their app and features? Go hear to learn more: https://help.swingu.com/

70 Comments

I have used so many apps. Swing U, 18 birdies, GN Compete, Grint, and Arccos. I currently use the Grint because it as a calculated handicap feature and the GPS is decent. I also enjoy how there is fun data to look at after your round such as GIR, driving accuracy, and others. I am curious to see how this app compares. One hope is that all the features don't over crowd the screen and on course experience because I want to be present on the course, not on my phone.  

6 minutes ago, glenmore5 said:

Everyone should jump on this....free for life...good luck to all users

As stated in the post free for a full year.

Ok...but this is what is reported....SwingU is the top-performing, free golf GPS rangefinder & scorecard app in the world, with more than 6 million users around the globe! The SwingU app is FREE FOR LIFE and extremely accurate, reliable, and battery-efficient – rivaling any other golf GPS app or expensive golf GPS handheld or watch on the market!

4 minutes ago, glenmore5 said:

Ok...but this is what is reported....SwingU is the top-performing, free golf GPS rangefinder & scorecard app in the world, with more than 6 million users around the globe! The SwingU app is FREE FOR LIFE and extremely accurate, reliable, and battery-efficient – rivaling any other golf GPS app or expensive golf GPS handheld or watch on the market!

The basic app is (non pro and plus versions). The pro version which is being tested with all the added features is normally $100 per year.

Looks like a great app. Some of the 150 women member golf group I belong to are always looking for good golf apps to track their stats. 

I currently use a mix of Golfshot, my rangefinder, and a strokes gained spreadsheets have. It’s been working ok, but the prescribed drills and having all of that on one app would simplify things a lot.

I love Swing U, I use it all the time in conjunction with my SkyCaddie watch. I don't use the Pro Version, but I would be interested to hear the tester's thoughts. 

Hi All. 
This looks like a great opportunity. I have used a range finder with slope and a bunch of apps. I have had subscription level access to Hole19 and GolfLogix but have also used free versions of 18Birdies, V1 Game, The Grint and TaylorMade+ and SwingU. All in the search for the best app! I would love to test out the SwingU pro version. 
Good luck to all!

would love to test this out against the Golfshot app!  Have been very happy with Golfshot.  Really like it when they added SwingID to it.

Being a mobile developer by trade and pretty much disliking the user interface for most of the golf apps out there it would be fun to test if selected and if not selected it will be great to get feedback as I was not a fan of the basic SwingU app.

I would be super into being a part of this if I didn't already have the Garmin club censors and their app/interface. I am a fan of Jon Sherman and he was (still think he is) affiliated with SwingU and is a supporter of their product and I trust his word.

In the past, I used SwingU as my first app and enjoyed it. However, a few buddies and I switched to theGrint because it had some better features, like a legit handicap score (now that feature is no longer available) and shot tracking details. But I am willing to give the app another try to see how it can improve my game. 

I started using Arccos a couple of months ago.  It is supplying me with some post round information but, at this point, no in round information.  I would very much like to see how this may work to aid in on-course information as well as post round information.  I just downloaded the app to see what else is involved and potential benefits.

I just volunteered at the University of Alabama junior golf camp. Several of the campers were using the SwingU app for GPS purposes when we had them on the course. It seemed to provide pretty accurate data for distance to the green and hazard areas when I was helping with course management and shot selection. I was thinking this is something I should check out. I currently only use a range finder except for the fact that the carts at my course have GPS screens. I find those somewhat unreliable since you can have two carts parked next to each other and each screen will show a different distance. This seems like the perfect opportunity to try a product/app that I was going to research anyway. Thank you for your consideration.

You just gotta sign up for this one!  I've been using SwingU app since 2015 when it went by another name - invented by two guys taking advantage of the GPS tracking on every cell phone requiring very little battery power to operate, they got their computer coding mom to convert the data requirements to the app and presto - SwingBySwing was born in 2008.  Under new ownership/management the SwingU app is more robust and offers a huge variety of features (many of which will cater to those who love stats and improvement stuff).  Best of luck to all those applying and looking forward to reading all about how this new version of my favorite golf app is working for you, and maybe some new tricks for me to take advantage of too! ⛳

This Test is now closed to further comments.