New to Group - Dubuque, Iowa

Hello All,

I am new to the group so I thought I would post a new thread to introduce myself.  I have been a pretty active member in some car forums, I know this is where you can get lots of information so I look forward to that.

I have recently discovered an obsession for golf as my wife calls it.  I started really playing 3 years ago.  I used to play as a kid once or twice a year with my grandpa, but  that stopped in high school and college.  3 years ago I joined a league through work and now I am golfing as much as I can.  I wish I lived in a warmer climate where I could golf year round.

My bag is kind of a mix of brands and clubs as I am trying to find different clubs that work for me.  I am a stiff flex in everything, +1/2" length and 2* upright on irons/wedges:

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tech (I demoed this against several other clubs from Callaway, Taylormade and Nike and this just worked better)

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium (got kind of lucky, bought this online based on reviews and love it.  It feels so good and allows workability)

3H: Adams Red (Ordered this online based on reviews, still trying to figure it out.  Not a huge need for this club because the distance is not needed at most of my courses)

4H: Nike Covert 2.0 (Ordered online on a whim last year, love the club now)

5i-PW: Taylormade RSI TP with DG S400 shafts (Demoed RSI 2 but found a killer deal on a lightly used set of TP with project X 6.5 shafts.  The shafts were too stiff, so replaced with DG S400 and love the feel and flight.  These might be a little more tour than I need, but they are working right now.  Had a set of Callaway X-Hot, and wanted something with more feel and workability)

50 and 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 F grind and M grind respectively (got fitted with DG S400 and these gave me confidence that others didn't)

58: Cleveland wedge (Don't really use it that often)

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa Tank #7 counterbalance (Fell in love with the first practice putt at the store)

Besides league I try to get in another 18 at least once a week and fill in with range sessions 2-3 times so I hopefully am swinging 4-5 days a week.  I am always open to trying new equipment.  The thing about golf is that I am never satisfied, I always have something to work on.  Right now my handicap is a 10.5, and I have been working the last couple months on my swing plane.  I struggle with coming over the top, so pulls or slices are still a problem.  But it gives me something to continually work on.

Driver: Ping G30 SFTech Stiff Flex

3W: Cobra F9, Atmos TS Blue 7S

5W: Cobra F6

4H: Cobra F7 4-5H 22* Stiff Flex

5-PW: Taylormade RSI TP +1/2", 2* Upright, Stiff Flex (DG S400)

50, 54: Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey, F-Grind/M-Grind

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  Sounds like you fit right in... nobody here is satisfied!!  Always looking or working on their swing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived