Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arccos Caddie Gets Thumbs Up from USGA

gaussman1

Im a little bit meh about this personally as I don't see a lot of value for me above and beyond a laser or skycaddie. That said, I can't wait to watch guys blame the g**damn arccos when they splash one on par 3s over water. Just watching them fussing over it on the tee will be a bridge alert! (In our home game a bridge is a 1 hole doubling of the point value based on the opponent's tee shots).

What do you stat crunchers think? Good, great, useful, useless, faster player, slower play?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Seems like a dumb idea. I am WAY more confident in myself than some GPS. I would never hit 3 wood, 240, all carry over water if Arccos told me to. I know I'm afraid of my 4 iron, Arccos doesn't. I know I can't hit a fade, Arccos doesn't. I know where the pin is placed, Arccos doesn't. It's ridiculous that the USGA is allowing this, but not other things.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Related to why I dropped my USGA membership. The ruling basically says that if you are rich enough to belong to a private club and have a regular caddie, you can get unlimited information and advice. However, if you are a regular person who either belongs to a semi-private club or a public golf club player, you can only have restricted information - distance. The Arccos mimics exactly what a live caddie can do to assist his (or her) player, but if you can't afford a regular caddie who learns everything there is to know about the course and the golfer too bad. Every caddie I have ever met gives extensive advice on club selection, distance, lay up points, putting lines, etc. But if a piece of equipment can replicate that information, it is outside the rules of golf. Elitism by the USGA perpetrates the golf is only for the rich perception and has negatively affected golf participation as shown by current statistics. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting to me, since I beta tested the sky caddie watch and supposedly it would learn and tell you what club to hit, it could help but also I'd never blindly listen to anyone or thing on a shot.  It would be nice to have something suggest a club to me or tell me, no you can't hit over that water so dont try. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

In my F8+ driver, there's one of these.

Looking forward to see what this does.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Love my Arccos but only use it for post round analysis.  This spring will be a good time to test the caddy feature.  It will be interesting to see how quickly and easily it displays club recommendations.  Currently I use a range finder and don't want to slow anything down by using both.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Archived