Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party but at least i've shown up!

I'm Wes, from London UK and i don't really have any excuse as to why it's taken me so long to sign up to the forum!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf for a little under a year and a half now, it was something I wanted to start up with for years but never really found the time or opportunity to do so until a work colleague dragged me to the driving range; I've not looked back since! My handicap is currently 21.6 but it is changing constantly as I try to find some consistency in my game.

What do you love about golf?

Golf for me is the one thing I can do where my mind does not drift to any other aspects of life, it allows me to focus and at the same time escape to daily troubles in life. My only problem is it also stops me from concentrating on day to day stuff ad my mind always seems to drift back to golf no matter what I'm doing! I've clearly caught the bug pretty bad!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've used my golf spy to weigh in on a few purchases to give me some greater confidence in what I'm buying where trying before you buy is not always an option. I don't know anyone on here currently but I'd hope to find some local users and maybe get a few rounds of golf in too.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from West London in England, my local course is London Airlinks but I do like to get about and try out as many new courses as I can.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

There are far more golf courses around my area than I could've imagined before I got into the game, being a Londoner I've only really seen city living and not noticed just how much greenery there is around here too! The weather is a downer, a lot of courses have poor drainage which can make them unplayable in rainy conditions which is probably about 80% of the year here!

What do you do for a living?

I'm currently in construction as a Site Manager. Golf is a big part of the industry it seems, there are several golf days hosted by different companies throughout the year! I guess it was inevitable I'd end up getting involved at some point.

How’d you pick your user name

My username is a pretty basic one and I was surprised it was still available, maybe there are not that many Wes' in the golf game

If you've got this far then thanks for reading and hopefully I'll be able to contribute and connect with other forum members here soon!fa82c4e26654cc5ed9bd384254ba9eca.jpgc5ea8eaff4f1e560cf6f89128ee45f63.jpg5156eb0967f2803c2bac216d541fbbdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Spread The Game

42 minutes ago, GolfWithWes said:

I'm Wes, from London UK and i don't really have any excuse as to why it's taken me so long to sign up to the forum!

I've been playing golf for a little under a year and a half now, it was something I wanted to start up with for years but never really found the time or opportunity to do so until a work colleague dragged me to the driving range; I've not looked back since! My handicap is currently 21.6 but it is changing constantly as I try to find some consistency in my game.

Golf for me is the one thing I can do where my mind does not drift to any other aspects of life, it allows me to focus and at the same time escape to daily troubles in life. My only problem is it also stops me from concentrating on day to day stuff ad my mind always seems to drift back to golf no matter what I'm doing! I've clearly caught the bug pretty bad!

I've used my golf spy to weigh in on a few purchases to give me some greater confidence in what I'm buying where trying before you buy is not always an option. I don't know anyone on here currently but I'd hope to find some local users and maybe get a few rounds of golf in too.

I'm from West London in England, my local course is London Airlinks but I do like to get about and try out as many new courses as I can.

There are far more golf courses around my area than I could've imagined before I got into the game, being a Londoner I've only really seen city living and not noticed just how much greenery there is around here too! The weather is a downer, a lot of courses have poor drainage which can make them unplayable in rainy conditions which is probably about 80% of the year here!

I'm currently in construction as a Site Manager. Golf is a big part of the industry it seems, there are several golf days hosted by different companies throughout the year! I guess it was inevitable I'd end up getting involved at some point.

My username is a pretty basic one and I was surprised it was still available, maybe there are not that many Wes' in the golf gameemoji848.png

If you've got this far then thanks for reading and hopefully I'll be able to contribute and connect with other forum members here soon!fa82c4e26654cc5ed9bd384254ba9eca.jpgc5ea8eaff4f1e560cf6f89128ee45f63.jpg5156eb0967f2803c2bac216d541fbbdc.jpg

Welcome, I’m in SE London so not too far away

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

7 hours ago, GolfWithWes said:

My username is a pretty basic one and I was surprised it was still available, maybe there are not that many Wes' in the golf gameemoji848.png

Welcome to the MGS!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

• 2 weeks later...

Is Canada really international? Toronto is just like Chicago, the lake is on the other side.

Started playing as a Junior at DHGC in Atlanta. My swing characteristics then are the same now (just further in to the woods). As the saying goes, "I started playing as a kid and was really bad, after years of practice, now I am older."

Every round I get to practice my growth mindset.

Have found great information here.

North of Toronto. I play the most at Monck's Landing 

The short season and the short season. 

TPI Fitness Pro. Feel free to message me to talk about getting stronger to hit further.

PXL_20240823_172844180.MP.jpg

Edited by M. Nixon
Added picture

Marv Nixon, MS, NBCHWC, TPI Fitness2

3 hours ago, M. Nixon said:

Is Canada really international? Toronto is just like Chicago, the lake is on the other side.

Started playing as a Junior at DHGC in Atlanta. My swing characteristics then are the same now (just further in to the woods). As the saying goes, "I started playing as a kid and was really bad, after years of practice, now I am older."

TPI Fitness Pro. Feel free to message me to talk about getting stronger to hit further.

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Hide Ho fellow golfers!

I’m a tad newish to the forum so I am thrilled to be able to interact with all of you great folks!

I’ve been playing golf for about 16ish years and my handicap is at a 5 currently. 

I love golf for a multitude of things, like the challenge and solitude in nature, but mostly for the camaraderie. I started golfing as a teenager to spend time with friends, and now I golf to spend time with friends I consider family. 

I joined the forum to interact with like minded golf fanatics like myself. I can talk golf all day everyday! From the tour, to equipment and analytics to how we played in our last round, I just can’t get enough of it!

I’m from the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario Canada and I’m a member at a course called Carrying Place GCC.

Best thing about golf in my area is the sheer amount of courses available to play at in good conditions. The worst part is our season is only 5 months long!

I’m looking forward to interacting with others and hopefully get to test out a product or 2 while I’m at it! 

Edited by Vincigolf

5 handicap who sucks at golf….😅

1 hour ago, Vincigolf said:

Hide Ho fellow golfers!

I’m a tad newish to the forum so I am thrilled to be able to interact with all of you great folks!

I’ve been playing golf for about 16ish years and my handicap is at a 5 currently. 

I love golf for a multitude of things, like the challenge and solitude in nature, but mostly for the camaraderie. I started golfing as a teenager to spend time with friends, and now I golf to spend time with friends I consider family. 

I joined the forum to interact with like minded golf fanatics like myself. I can talk golf all day everyday! From the tour, to equipment and analytics to how we played in our last round, I just can’t get enough of it!

I’m from the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario Canada and I’m a member at a course called Carrying Place GCC.

Best thing about golf in my area is the sheer amount of courses available to play at in good conditions. The worst part is our season is only 5 months long!

I’m looking forward to interacting with others and hopefully get to test out a product or 2 while I’m at it! 

Welcome to the Forum! You will definitely find a great group of "like minded golf fanatics" here!

How long have you been playing golf?

19 years but didn't play much the last 7 before this year. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I'm a 20 after being a 12 before I stopped playing for awhile. 

Very rare to get the ability to step away from everything for 4 hours and work on quieting everything and challenging yourself. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don't know any other spies but I was looking for some help navigating the game after being away for so long. Where should I be playing? What equipment should I be looking at? What are people doing to improve their game these days etc. 

Kitchener, ON, Canada

Don't really have one but Rebel Creek would be the closest thing. 

Best is that people love playing here and there is a lot of passion. Worst is the weather limits the ability to play for about half the year. 

What do you do for a living?

I run my own commercial real estate private equity and asset management company. 

How’d you pick your user name?

Just something I use sometimes. Need to come up with something more creative :). 

Telling my wife to buy quality things over the years has paid off for my golf bag. 

51 minutes ago, TK2HOUSE said:

Very rare to get the ability to step away from everything for 4 hours and work on quieting everything and challenging yourself. 

I don't know any other spies but I was looking for some help navigating the game after being away for so long. Where should I be playing? What equipment should I be looking at? What are people doing to improve their game these days etc. 

Kitchener, ON, Canada

Best is that people love playing here and there is a lot of passion. Worst is the weather limits the ability to play for about half the year. 

I run my own commercial real estate private equity and asset management company. 

Just something I use sometimes. Need to come up with something more creative :). 

Welcome to the Forum!

53 minutes ago, TK2HOUSE said:

Kitchener, ON, Canada

Welcome!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Welcome all!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:34 AM, M. Nixon said:

On 9/15/2024 at 11:03 AM, Vincigolf said:

Hide Ho fellow golfers!

On 9/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, TK2HOUSE said:

Kitchener, ON, Canada

Welcome Fellow Canadians,  @TK2HOUSE, @Vincigolf and @M. Nixon to the forum.  You will find there are many friendly and helpful people here. I’m from Oakville and play out of TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley.  

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

On 9/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, Cfhandyman said:

Welcome Fellow Canadians,  @TK2HOUSE, @Vincigolf and @M. Nixon to the forum.  You will find there are many friendly and helpful people here. I’m from Oakville and play out of TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley.  

Absolutely love this and love TPC! Renos look incredible! 

5 handicap who sucks at golf….😅