Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hi, I'm Matt.
PXL_20210308_0925466972.jpg.6427df2852ec907fd4bc048615a4f4e9.jpg
How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
- I've been playing since 2022. I bought myself some clubs for my birthday as I needed a new hobby and quickly became obsessed. 
- My handicap is 14 and I regularly shoot in the mid to high 80's. My best competition score was 79. 
What do you love about golf?
- Everything . I love the feeling of progression, I love bombing a drive, flushing irons, draining putts. I love giving my mates pointers and they convert that into a great shot. Golf just tickles my pickle. 
- I also geek out on equipment and technique.
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
- MGS has been my go to site for equipment news and reviews. I don't know any other spies in the forum's, but I do know my playing mates also use the site, but not the forum. 
Where are you from? What is your home course?
- Canberra, Australia. My home club is Fairbairn and Murrumbidgee. 
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
- BEST: Golf here is very accessable and affordable with great variety. Close proximity to Sydney and south coast courses. 
- WORST: Not much. Maybe just some s***** attitudes at a few clubs. 
What do you do for a living?
- I'm self employed as a HVAC technician. 
How’d you pick your user name?
- It was an old nickname. 
1000001190.jpg.a85c147aa271b01cd9edd3aeb7fc0cb9.jpg
Current WITB: warning! Gear Ho. Clubs swap spots in the bag weekly. 
Driver: Cobra LTDx LS 
Not in the bag: ping G430 max, Mizuno STZ220, TM original one mini driver. 
3 wood: Cobra LTDx 
Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash sub zero, Callaway utility wood.
3 hybrid: Cobra rad speed 
Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash, Srixon zX
Irons: Mizuno JPX921 4-GW 
Not in the bag: Mizuno JPX 4h & 5h. Cleveland UHX 4-AW
Wedges: Wilson Staff, Staff model 56 & 60 degree.
Not in the bag: Cleveland RTX4 58 degree 3 degree bounce. Cleveland CBX 54 & 60 degree. Mizuno JPX921 S & L wedges. 
Putter: Infinity golf answer style blade
Not in the bag: Odyssey #7 Tank. 

You have a lot not in the bag items there.

I would think it would be more beneficial to figure out, what to have in the bag.

If there is a risk, take it! AND RECOVER the best you can!

I cannot find my liked comments on Tapatalk. Is there something, I don’t understand in the API or forum?

On 3/12/2024 at 5:25 PM, Keg74 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Played a little when I was young, taking up the game again around 12 years ago.

I’m bit of a competitive animal when it comes to sport so when I finished playing cricket golf was next.

I love stats and figures and how they relate to actual performance when it comes to sport. Been following/ reading MyGolfSpy articles.

Australia, Victoria, Geelong.

Home track is Barwon Valley GC

There’s some top courses within a short distance which is good. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be enough more affordable options as it can be difficult to get a tee time on my home track and others.

Machine operator

How’d you pick your user name?

Nothing to Whitty just my nickname and birth year.

Current WITB

Callaway Rogue Driver

Taylormade M1 3w & 3 hybrid

Ping G430 4 Hybrid

Ping i210 irons pw-5

Vokey SM7 wedges 50, 54, 58

Scotty Cameron select fastback putter

Sun Mountain bag

Bridgestone Tour B XS ball

HC 9.5

Welcome aboard, what’s the Stench😂😂

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On 3/17/2024 at 6:48 AM, Yogi B said:

Hi, I'm Matt.

PXL_20210308_0925466972.jpg.6427df2852ec907fd4bc048615a4f4e9.jpg

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I've been playing since 2022. I bought myself some clubs for my birthday as I needed a new hobby and quickly became obsessed. 

- My handicap is 14 and I regularly shoot in the mid to high 80's. My best competition score was 79. 

- Everything 😅. I love the feeling of progression, I love bombing a drive, flushing irons, draining putts. I love giving my mates pointers and they convert that into a great shot. Golf just tickles my pickle. 

- I also geek out on equipment and technique.

- MGS has been my go to site for equipment news and reviews. I don't know any other spies in the forum's, but I do know my playing mates also use the site, but not the forum. 

- Canberra, Australia. My home club is Fairbairn and Murrumbidgee. 

- BEST: Golf here is very accessable and affordable with great variety. Close proximity to Sydney and south coast courses. 

- WORST: Not much. Maybe just some s***** attitudes at a few clubs. 

- I'm self employed as a HVAC technician. 

How’d you pick your user name?

- It was an old nickname. 

1000001190.jpg.a85c147aa271b01cd9edd3aeb7fc0cb9.jpg

Current WITB: warning! Gear Ho. Clubs swap spots in the bag weekly. 

Driver: Cobra LTDx LS 

Not in the bag: ping G430 max, Mizuno STZ220, TM original one mini driver. 

3 wood: Cobra LTDx 

Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash sub zero, Callaway utility wood.

3 hybrid: Cobra rad speed 

Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash, Srixon zX

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 4-GW 

Not in the bag: Mizuno JPX 4h & 5h. Cleveland UHX 4-AW

Wedges: Wilson Staff, Staff model 56 & 60 degree.

Not in the bag: Cleveland RTX4 58 degree 3 degree bounce. Cleveland CBX 54 & 60 degree. Mizuno JPX921 S & L wedges. 

Putter: Infinity golf answer style blade

Not in the bag: Odyssey #7 Tank. 

😳

Hey Matt.  I can totally related and admit to having maybe more gear "not in the bag" and ready to be swapped for any round.  Gear Ho's unite!!  Cheers mate.

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

Hello from Canada, London Ontario to be specific.  Been playing since I was a kid (very long time ago) but got more serious about it around 12 years ago.  Currently using a Cobra F-max offset driver at 10.5, Taylormade 5 wood, a 7 wood whose maker I cannot remember, Edison 3 iron, set of Cleveland halo launchers, 5-PW. Tommy Armour 56 degree, Odyssey Backstroke putter and an empty space in the bag for whatever extra club I feel will help me on any particular day (but never again a 60 degree lob wedge, LOL).  Mid handicapper, around 15/16 last time I looked.  Currently help run a league up here where I handle scoring for it.  Fun league we play 18 every other week, sometimes every week, at a different golf course each time (lots of them around here).  Found Golf Spy completely by accident while surfing the web one day and joined immediately.  Enjoy the Forums and Testers Wanted features.  My user name is my first name and part of last name with a number, nothing special about it really.  Take an annual golf trip, sometimes more than one, this year heading to Myrtle Beach on April 8 for a week of golf, might also be a Niagara Falls trip this year and a trip to the east coast of Canada for golf.  Member of London Golf Club which is a discount club that gets me a discount at about 30-35 area courses, which I take advantage of a couple of times a week during the season, very good deal, second year belonging.  Our league has a home club, Willow Tree Golf in Strathroy ON, tight challenging course, not very long but lots of trees and as I said very tight, hitting fairways is crucial.  What I love about golf is the challenge to myself, you are generally competing against nature (the course) and yourself, to try and improve each time out.  I also love the camaraderie of the game, the social aspect of it.  Going out with friends, joking around with them, meeting new people who share a love of the game, I simply love all that.   I guess that's all for now, ever up this way feel free to say hello and maybe join in for a round.  Thanks, Kirk

Edited by Kirk58

Let's play another 18.  Kirk58

Hi All! Gareth here from Singapore! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started during the year 2021. Only gotten serious since the beginning of 2023. Took some lessons with Singapore's local Golftec and now with another local golf coach. I consider myself a super high handicapper and usually score 100-110. The best score was 93, it was a month ago.

2. What do you love about golf?

Many things that I love about golf. I love to spend time at range or on the course, the period that I working on my swing or enjoying the course is my only me time and it helps me to focus on one thing at a time. I love the recent golf apparel trend though I could not afford all of them. I love to watch pros playing and have a lot of fun walking the course during the tournaments. Golf has also brought me to meet a lot of people that I would not have possibly socialized with before.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have been following MGS via social media for quite a while. Always love to check the yearly testing report. Though I wasn't that great to consider myself a pro player, reading golf-related articles is fun for me!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I was born in Malaysia. Currently resident in Singapore. My home course is at Daiman 18, Johor, Malaysia. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Sad to say, Singapore is not a pocket-friendly place for Golf. Usually playing a round at a public course costs you around SGD 150 ( Which is about USD 110. But the good thing is I can just cross the bridge to Johor, Malaysia to play a weekend round that much cheaper. 

6. What do you do for a living?

I am an interior design consultant. Working under a local architectural design studio. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Nothing special. It just my English name with Surname. 🙂

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL , Driver , 10.5

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL , 3W , 16 

:ping-small: G430 MAX HL , 5W , 18
:ping-small: G430 MAX HL , 5H , 26

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HOT METAL HL, 6-P

:titleist-small: VOKEY SM4 , 52-08

:titleist-small: VOKEY SM9 , 56-12 , 60-12

:scotty-cameron-1: SUPER SELECT NEWPORT 

Hello! I'm a "long time listener, first time caller."  Been reading and following MGS for a couple years now to inform my gear purchasing and follow the science!  I play golf mostly in the southwest area of Ontario, Canada with a bag full of Taylormade SIM2's (driver, 3 wood, and irons) and Milled Grind 3 wedges.  Current putter is a Spider Tour Black but looking to make a change and try something new. Played golf since I was 7 years old.  My first job was filling divots at a top 10 course in Canada for a summer and to play free golf.  Still horribly average at the game but love every moment of it.

Edited by dtlough

32 minutes ago, dtlough said:

Hello! I'm a "long time listener, first time caller."  Been reading and following MGS for a couple years now to inform my gear purchasing and follow the science!  I play golf mostly in the southeast area of Ontario, Canada with a bag full of Taylormade SIM2's (driver, 3 wood, and irons) and Milled Grind 3 wedges.  Current putter is a Spider Tour Black but looking to make a change and try something new. Played golf since I was 7 years old.  My first job was filling divots at a top 10 course in Canada for a summer and to play free golf.  Still horribly average at the game but love every moment of it.

Welcome neighbour.  I'm just down the road in (i.e., 401) in the west end of Toronto (Etobicoke).  Like you, I'm horribly average, especially having had a 15-20 year period where I played very little golf.  Still, I'm hoping to improve my handicap by 2-3 strokes this year. 

Which top 10 course did you work at for a summer job?  I recently retired and decided that for fun I wanted to work at a local golf course, mostly for the playing privileges.  I was lucky enough to land a job at Toronto Golf Club and looking forward to starting there in the next week.

Enjoy the forum, it's a great resource and good place to connect with fellow like-minded golf enthusiasts.

My weapons of choice:

Thanks for connecting!  I worked at the Devil's Paintbrush just up in Caledon.. now called The Paintbrush (Pulpit Club).   It's an extremely challenging course but unique course and unfortunately very private. Congrats on retirement!  I'm still a ways away from that but always plan to get back to working at a golf course when I retire eventually.  Never had a better job than walking for 4 hours in the morning striping greens with a walk behind mower.  Hope you get to enjoy the TGC this summer and lower those strokes!

26 minutes ago, dtlough said:

Thanks for connecting!  I worked at the Devil's Paintbrush just up in Caledon.. now called The Paintbrush (Pulpit Club).   It's an extremely challenging course but unique course and unfortunately very private. Congrats on retirement!  I'm still a ways away from that but always plan to get back to working at a golf course when I retire eventually.  Never had a better job than walking for 4 hours in the morning striping greens with a walk behind mower.  Hope you get to enjoy the TGC this summer and lower those strokes!

Very cool you got to work and play at The Pulpit/Paintbrush.  I was actually offered a position there as well for this season, along with offers at Lambton and Oakdale.  I selected TGC for it's proximity and they seemed to offer the best and most flexible playing privileges.  Pulpit was my 2nd choice but decided the 45 minute drive 3 times a week was a bit much this year given other responsibilities and activities I have on the go.  Perhaps I will loop back with the Pulpit next year as I'd love to play their courses.

Where do you normally play much of your golf?

My weapons of choice:

I first went to the golf course with my dad at around 8, looking for balls which dad then swapped for a new album for me. At around 11 I started playing the hopes the clubhouse couldn’t see and was hooked. For the next 20 years a played socially a handful of times a year, then had a 10 year hiatus when kids came along! 
Fast forward to 2019 when I took it up again and am now obsessed! 

I’ve managed to get my handicap down from 22 to 10 in the last 4 years but most of the time play to around 13/14

I love that golf is a great leveller. I’ve outplayed low single figure players and lost to very high handicappers. 

I came here for the testing… 😉 Butcstayed for the community 

I’m from the UK and my local course is Temple GC 

We’re lucky at Temple that most of the fairways slope to the side and it’s built on a chalk bed, so it’s almost always open to proper greens. It does rain a lot in the UK though and it’s horrible playing in rain 

My user name is a play of the Firth of Forth and other regions in Scotland. A lot of people think my surname means I’m Scottish but it actually originates from Yorkshire.

i also have an obsession with golf shoes… I currently have 6 pairs but wear 3 of them as normal sneakers 

On 12/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, Jim Shaw said:

@BStheTechyes, just down the road from Sooke... I am a member at Olympic View, if you want to stop in and have a coffee I am usually there mon-wed-thurs in the winter, would be more than happy to show you around. good luck with your golf adventure...

Hi Jim, I tried to pm you but you don’t have that option. I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I’ve since played OV and now joined as a full play member this week. I’m hoping to play Mondays and Fridays and the occasional weekend. Hope to see you around the course!

- Blair

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Odyssey Putters

5 hours ago, BStheTech said:

Hi Jim, I tried to pm you but you don’t have that option. I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I’ve since played OV and now joined as a full play member this week. I’m hoping to play Mondays and Fridays and the occasional weekend. Hope to see you around the course!

- Blair

Are you playing tomorrow? I am off at 921, come by and introduce yourself, look forward to meeting you!! 

committed to performance excellence

6 hours ago, BStheTech said:

- Blair

Sorry Blair, I meant Monday at 921!! Old timer disease!! 

committed to performance excellence

Hi everyone,

I'm from the Thompson/ Okanagan (BC Canada). I've played golf on and off since I was a kid but it hasn't stuck with me until the last 2 years. I started keeping track of my scores and stats. Lately I've been thinking more about my strengths and weaknesses so I can focus on getting a little better every year. Right now I'm a 13.9 cap. 

I got back into golf with help from my brother in law after I moved back home. I'm lucky enough to be able to play great courses like Sagebrush, Tobiano and Talking Rock fairly regularly. 

Last year I started to lean on MyGolfSpy pretty hard for reviews on equipment as I updated my set. MyGolfSpy reviews and Instagrams algorithm brought me to look into Haywood golf. I like the idea of supporting Canadian companies whenever I can. I ordered a Haywood Signature Driving iron (at the advice of my realtor) to test them out. After loving the Haywood driving iron I booked a fitting at Haywoods HQ. After the fitting I bought the Haywood signature irons. This year I added Haywoods bag and have been eyeing up their putter as well. 

Currently my bag has;

Driver: Callaway Rouge LS (stiff shaft)

3 wood: Callaway Tour X (stiff shaft)

2 iron: Haywood Signature Driving Iron (stiff shaft)

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 2.0 (regular shaft)

4 to PW: Haywood Signature Irons (stiff shaft)

52/56 Degree: Cleveland CBX full face (regular shaft)

Putter: Taylormade Rossi Monza Spider 

All of my grips are mid sized (except my driver that has a regular grip) 

Right now I'm playing Callaway Chromesoft X balls but I have an order in for Vice Pro balls.

Being in Canada my season is pretty short compared to a lot of the states. Last year I got out just over 50 times but hope to get out more this year. 

Thanks for reading,

-Cody

C/Fish

1 hour ago, CFisher said:

Hi everyone,

I'm from the Thompson/ Okanagan (BC Canada). I've played golf on and off since I was a kid but it hasn't stuck with me until the last 2 years. I started keeping track of my scores and stats. Lately I've been thinking more about my strengths and weaknesses so I can focus on getting a little better every year. Right now I'm a 13.9 cap. 

I got back into golf with help from my brother in law after I moved back home. I'm lucky enough to be able to play great courses like Sagebrush, Tobiano and Talking Rock fairly regularly. 

Last year I started to lean on MyGolfSpy pretty hard for reviews on equipment as I updated my set. MyGolfSpy reviews and Instagrams algorithm brought me to look into Haywood golf. I like the idea of supporting Canadian companies whenever I can. I ordered a Haywood Signature Driving iron (at the advice of my realtor) to test them out. After loving the Haywood driving iron I booked a fitting at Haywoods HQ. After the fitting I bought the Haywood signature irons. This year I added Haywoods bag and have been eyeing up their putter as well. 

Currently my bag has;

Driver: Callaway Rouge LS (stiff shaft)

3 wood: Callaway Tour X (stiff shaft)

2 iron: Haywood Signature Driving Iron (stiff shaft)

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 2.0 (regular shaft)

4 to PW: Haywood Signature Irons (stiff shaft)

52/56 Degree: Cleveland CBX full face (regular shaft)

Putter: Taylormade Rossi Monza Spider 

All of my grips are mid sized (except my driver that has a regular grip) 

Right now I'm playing Callaway Chromesoft X balls but I have an order in for Vice Pro balls.

Being in Canada my season is pretty short compared to a lot of the states. Last year I got out just over 50 times but hope to get out more this year. 

Thanks for reading,

-Cody

Welcome! 

Okanagan is one of the best areas in Canada for golf. Grew up in Vernon and still have The Rise as one of my favorite courses. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hi everyone,

I'm Daniel, a passionate 33-year-old golfer from the Netherlands and new to the forum. Golf has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember, starting with watching my dad hit shots out in front of my childhood home.

At the age of 10, my dad first took me to the course, and upon hitting my first shot (a worm-burner that finished within two feet) I was obviously hooked. After playing on various courses throughout the country and in the US as part of an NCAA third division college team for a year, I can now call myself a scratch golfer (hcp 0.0 at the time of writing, hoping it never changes) and a member of the Royal Hague, one of the most beautiful courses in the Netherlands.

Golf around here is great as there is a strong community of excellent players, even if the weather doesn't always allow us to enjoy the game fully. The golf course is where I have made some of and spend time with my best friends, satisfies my love of the outdoors and competition, and allows me to fully let loose the researcher within me, being a scientist by background (now working as a consultant).

Over the past few years, I have turned to MyGolfSpy for everything golf equipment-related and figured it was time to join the community.

I'm excited to be a part of this forum, sharing stories, tips, and experiences with fellow golf enthusiasts from around the world. Looking forward to engaging with you all and learning from your experiences on and off the course!

With kind regards,

Daniel

WITB:

• Driver: Taylormade M5, Tensei Blue Stiff 75 grams
  • 3 wood: Taylormade M4 tour, Tensei Blue Stiff 65 grams
  • 3 iron: Taylormade P790, Hzrdus Black 6.5 85 grams
  • 4 - 9 iron: Taylormade p770, KBS tour 120
  • 46, 50, 54, 58: Taylormade SM3, Dynamic Gold s200
  • Putter: Scotty Circa 62

HCP: 0

Course: Royal Hague

456a8d7ee80228d6ef0559df2305673d.jpg
I did a little collage of the irons I have played or still do searching them in the web for photos. Not in scale. The smallest heads are Miura and MP-69, which are pretty much the same size with thin sole and topline.

Thirty years of irons in the bag in chronological order top left to bottom right.
- Spalding DOT
• Regular steel, probably DG R-300

- MacGregor Reverse Draft
• Excel graphite stiff

- MacGregor Tourney VIP 1025 CM
• Precision Riffle Flighted 6.0

- Mizuno MP-60
• True Temper Dynamic Gold S-300

- Mizuno MP-69
• True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 TI

- Mizuno MP-4
• KBS C-Taper 130g/X

- Nicklaus-Miura Commemorative
• NS Pro Modus3 120 TX
• KBS C-Taper 125g/S+

Did not understand, it has been only less than four years on one set, average. This last one though was double the money or triple actually after the reshafting after one season played.

And will keep them in the bag for at least three more years. And testing the new every now and then, I am pretty confident that my next irons will be from the Mizuno MP-line. The previous Hot Metal Mizzunos felt too hot to be honest. Woun’t probably get them hollow-bodied, mut probably few degrees stronger will be an order at 60-yo.

I am gonna try to do the same with drivers, fairway woods and wedges and putters as well. The longest in the gaming bag is my putter, and I’ve got a feeling that drivers have been many. At least 1.5 times the irons count. Spent money I will not summarize. It would make me sorrow, cause the game feels as if it hasn’t improved much, yet now off index 2.3.

On 4/6/2024 at 5:27 PM, Jim Shaw said:

Sorry Blair, I meant Monday at 921!! Old timer disease!! 

Hey Jim,

Sorry I missed you today. I've been stuck in MGS Spambot jail. I followed you on Instagram. I have a tee-off time next Monday at 11:27. PM me your mobile and we can text.

Cheers,

Blair

Edited by BStheTech

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Odyssey Putters

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • I've been playing golf for over 20 years and plan to play until I can't anymore! I'm currently a 19 handicap, and frequently shoot in the mid to low 90's (when my putter decides to be nice to me). 
  • What do you love about golf?
    • The competition, the mental strategizing, comradery with friends, and an excuse to be outdoors for 4+ hours
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • I found this page when reading reviews for my new driver, and have loved it here!
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • I'm from Toronto, Canada, and my home course is Humber Valley Golf Club
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • The best part of golf in Canada is fall golf with all the trees changing colour and being able to walk a course without sweating profusely! The worst part is how limited the season is, and as such the cost of tee times. 
  • What do you do for a living?
    • I work in Cybersecurity

What's in my bag:

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max (9 deg)

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone Yellow (15.5 deg)

Hybrid:taylormade-small: GAPR Hi (17.5 deg)

Irons:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max (4-PW)

Gap Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 Chrome (50 deg)

Sand Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind Satin (54 deg)

Lob Wedge:taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Bigfoot (60 deg)

Putter:cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Satin RHO

Ball: Usually Kirkland, but I like any ball that doesn't end up out of play!

Saying Hello to everyone from the beautiful and wet, Vancouver, Canada. I am an Operation Manager working in the cabinetry/Millwork industry. 

New to the forum but excited to hear and learn more from everyone with there years of experience and hopefully share some reviews from what I experience too. Don't know any spies but that might change in the future as I'm always looking for people to play rounds with and learn from. 

Vancouver is a great golf location, lots of courses, be it when you can get a tee time, all the public courses fill up in seconds when they open bookings on 5 days in advance. Otherwise lots a par 3 courses that are first come first play which is great!

I pick up my first set of clubs in 2021, like a lot of people because of COVID and needing a sport that I could play with the restrictions, which were an old 2nd hand learner set of RAM clubs ($100), 3W to PW, and a $20 STX putter from the 80's. Now I have been playing for a few years and after some lessons and a minor upgrade in clubs I can finally say I'm seeing improvement and really enjoying the game more. 

Current HC: 26.4 (normal score 100-106)

Current set up (nothing fitted for me)
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 9.5° with stiff shaft
5W: Cobra King Speedzone with regular shalf 
4H: Cobra King Speedzone 21° with stiff shalf
Irons (4i-PW): 2011 Taylormade Burner Tour Preferred with DG S200 stiff shafts, regripped with medium sized grips
Wedges: Bombtech 56° + 56° & 60° (Only playing with the 56° currently)
Putter: Still the STX Sync 3 putter, fell in love with it and after a grip change, and weights added to the shaft its been a dream to play with.

2024 Goal: Low teens HC and play 1 tournament. 

Local Course: Burnaby Mountain Golf Course (public course)  

LGLG

STX Sync 3.jpg BurnerTPsmall.jpg.020e4a1df91b593eaa268a3f8c152ca3.jpg

Edited by Mattkbray

Just trying to figure this sport out, 1 day at a time

Hi everybody, New to the site so go easy on me! Live in Scotland and have for the past 18mths taken up golf . got myself down to 10.3 Hcp. Looking to be single figures this year.

In the bag... Ping G430 Driver

Cobra Darkspeed 3Hybrid

TM QI10 Irons 5-PW

Wilson Gap wedge 50

Cobra Wedges 56, 60

Wishing you all a good season!

Ping G430 Driver stiff tour shaft

Cobra Darkspeed 3 Hybrid

TM QI10 Irons 5-PW stiff shafts 2 Flat

Wilson Gap wedge

Cobra 56 and 60

Hi all I’ve been playing golf for about 35 years all up but recently joined back up after about 20 years. I’m currently off 14 and usually shoot around 90’s. 

I love golf just simply being outdoors with mates and knocking that little white pill about  

MyGolfSpy? Never really heard of it accidentally came across it and signed up thought what a great way to read reviews from genuine testers and chat with people of similar jnterest. 

Living in Australia up in the Blue Mountains with Lithgow being my local course .

Lithgow is a good challenging course but get frustrating with all the Kangaroos on it, we also having trouble at the moment with wild pigs and white cockatoos chewing up the greens  

Currently a shift worker for the government so regular rounds are hard to piece together . 

User name is a combination of love hate sharp (me) love golf shell (wife) she hates it LOL

WIYB

Driver Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood Titleist TSR

5 Wood Dunlop Fat Boy

Driving Iron Taylormade DHY 2

Irons Taylormade Stealth 4 to AW

Putter Odyssey White Hot #9

Balls Srixon Z Star & Taylormade TP5

All in a Taylormade bag. 

Edited by Sharp.shell

Hi all so in my bag if have

Driver Taylormade Sim 2 max

3wood TRS

5 wood Dunlop Fat Boy

Taylormade DHY 2 iron

Irons Taylormade Stealth 4 to AW

Putter Odyssey White hot #9

Balls Srixon Z Star / Z star Diamond / Taylormade TP5

On 4/10/2024 at 5:52 PM, Mattkbray said:

Saying Hello to everyone from the beautiful and wet, Vancouver, Canada. I am an Operation Manager working in the cabinetry/Millwork industry. 

New to the forum but excited to hear and learn more from everyone with there years of experience and hopefully share some reviews from what I experience too. Don't know any spies but that might change in the future as I'm always looking for people to play rounds with and learn from. 

Vancouver is a great golf location, lots of courses, be it when you can get a tee time, all the public courses fill up in seconds when they open bookings on 5 days in advance. Otherwise lots a par 3 courses that are first come first play which is great!

I pick up my first set of clubs in 2021, like a lot of people because of COVID and needing a sport that I could play with the restrictions, which were an old 2nd hand learner set of RAM clubs ($100), 3W to PW, and a $20 STX putter from the 80's. Now I have been playing for a few years and after some lessons and a minor upgrade in clubs I can finally say I'm seeing improvement and really enjoying the game more. 

Current HC: 26.4 (normal score 100-106)

Current set up (nothing fitted for me)
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 9.5° with stiff shaft
5W: Cobra King Speedzone with regular shalf 
4H: Cobra King Speedzone 21° with stiff shalf
Irons (4i-PW): 2011 Taylormade Burner Tour Preferred with DG S200 stiff shafts, regripped with medium sized grips
Wedges: Bombtech 56° + 56° & 60° (Only playing with the 56° currently)
Putter: Still the STX Sync 3 putter, fell in love with it and after a grip change, and weights added to the shaft its been a dream to play with.

2024 Goal: Low teens HC and play 1 tournament. 

Local Course: Burnaby Mountain Golf Course (public course)  

LGLG

STX Sync 3.jpg BurnerTPsmall.jpg.020e4a1df91b593eaa268a3f8c152ca3.jpg

Best of luck with your goals and hope to hear about your tournament!

It is great to see so many new international members jumping on and joining the forum!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 4/10/2024 at 10:55 AM, MattMancinelli said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • I've been playing golf for over 20 years and plan to play until I can't anymore! I'm currently a 19 handicap, and frequently shoot in the mid to low 90's (when my putter decides to be nice to me). 
  • What do you love about golf?
    • The competition, the mental strategizing, comradery with friends, and an excuse to be outdoors for 4+ hours
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • I found this page when reading reviews for my new driver, and have loved it here!
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • I'm from Toronto, Canada, and my home course is Humber Valley Golf Club
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • The best part of golf in Canada is fall golf with all the trees changing colour and being able to walk a course without sweating profusely! The worst part is how limited the season is, and as such the cost of tee times. 
  • What do you do for a living?
    • I work in Cybersecurity

Welcome to the forum neighbour.  I see you play Humber Valley.  I occasionally play there as I'm in Etobicoke.  Have you played it yet in 2024, now that the Toronto city courses have opened?  Just wondering what shape it might be in with all this rain lately.

My weapons of choice:

Hi! I'm Ryan from Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm a dedicated player in our short season, playing as much as possible on our small town Muni 9 holer. Our course has been improving every year, last year was the best I remember. I find the 9 hole course is a bonus because we can get out later in the evening for a round, or loop a few times a day. We try to travel around and play several times a year, with a "guys trip" in the spring. Our season here usually runs early May into early October. 

I've been playing since I was a kid, my uncle was an avid player and used to take me out. Then as a teenager we had a good group of guys that would get out to play. All kinds of games and fun times. I'm down to 4 - 6 handicap on 9 holes. Shot a 35 last year, first time I broke par in over 20 years!

Getting out with friends and competing is what I love about golf. Some tunes on, a couple beers, a bunch of chirping the buddies, and winning or losing a few bucks is the ideal way to spend an evening or weekend! 

I've been following mygolfspy accounts on socials for quite some time, figured time to dive into the forum world! I like reading about new releases, learning about equipment, and finding out what may or may not work for me. 

I've been trying to upgrade gear a little but over the last few years. Next I want to get into a new driver, my old Callaway Rogue has suited me well but with new updates in tech I'm likely leaving some consistency and yardage out there. I changed to Ping i210's a couple seasons ago and I love them! I tried out a buddies set and loved them so made the dive. I have KBS C Taper Lite shafts, and just love the feel. A couple Vokey wedges and a beauty old black Mack Daddy PM grind 60 finish off the bag. 

I'm looking forward to trying to stay engaged in the forum! 

RyanG

Ping i210, Rogue driver, Epic 3 wood, Vokey wedges, Odyssey Ten