Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Diamana Kai'li, UST Elements Chrome, or UST VTS suggestions

azstu324

So currently I have 2 shafts that I'm going back and forth between. They both have slightly different profiles and are from roughly the same era..  2013 ish but also still fairly relevant today with old school shaftoids. The 2 shafts are the Diamana Kai'li 70 X5CT (XS) and the UST Elements Chrome 6f4 tipped to S++. Of these two, the Diamana is my preferred in the feel and performance department. Don't get me wrong, the UST Chrome is a great shaft and I get good results but with my swing, the Diamana just works that much better. Now I know aesthetics shouldn't be a major issue but the Diamana has definitely seen better days and is pretty bag rash'd and scuffed. The UST on the other hand might as well be brand new and looks killer.

Now before I introduce the 3rd shaft into the equation, I'll say that I was pretty much ready to retire the Diamana and bring the UST Chrome on full time and not look back. Well I'm a Golfworks (not wrx) guy. While poking around on the Golfworks website, I come across a UST Proforce VTS 7X  black (78g) on clearance for $30. After looking at the profile, it appears fairly similar to the Diamana Kai'li. Low torque, low spin, 70+g, low/mid launch. Reviews are limited but from what I've found it looks very promising and possibly a good replacement for the Kai'li. The thing about all 3 shafts is that it looks like they're all still in production after 6+ years so they must all be doing something right. So my big question to y'all who have any input to give is.. How similar to the Diamana Kai'li is the UST VTS? Is it worth taking the bait and buying the UST VTS because it's such a good price, or is it more drastically different than I'm realizing? And ultimately am I just better off sticking to plan A and moving forward with the UST Elements Chrome? I realize that the answer may be that I have to just try it out to know but I'm all about asking around first and if I don't get any feedback then I can go down that road. 

Thanks as always!

Here are some extra details that may help you help me..

• Swing Speed: 112 - 114 mph 
  • Driver: Cobra F8+ (weight forward)
  • Carry: 270 - 280 Yds
  • Diamana Kai'li: play at 10* with launch angle at 11.5 with spin around 2300 and plays at D0
  • UST Elements Chrome: Play at 9* with launch angle at 11.5 with spin around 2900 and plays at C8 but is counter balanced and head weight is good. 
  • Back swing tempo is moderate and smooth but with a quick with a pretty explosive release. 

•  

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Archived