Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Jimfmurphy

Jim f murphy

Hi while playing in a competition my partners ball  made a very large pitch mark on the green about one inch on and spun back another inch off the green,

knowing that he could not repair the pitch mark i asked if i could repair it for him as it would allow him to put the ball, he replied that he did not think i could but said if i walked by and stud on the pitch mark while doing so it probably would be ok, witch i did.

(1) the question is did I infringe the rules 

(2) did he by suggesting i walk on it.

Per rule 13.1.c  You do not have to be on the green to repair a pitch mark that is on the green  

c. Improvements Allowed on Putting Green

During a round, you may take these two actions on the putting green, no matter whether your ball is on or off the putting green:

• Sand and loose soil on the putting green (but not anywhere else on the course) may be removed without penalty.

• You may repair damage on the putting green without penalty by taking reasonable actions to restore the putting green as nearly as possible to its original condition, but only:

• By using your hand, foot or other part of your body or a normal ball-mark repair tool, tee, club or similar item of normal equipment, and

• Without unreasonably delaying play.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Denkea said:

You can repair it off the green if the pitch mark was made after your ball has come to rest.  

Yes, per 8.1d, and Interpretation 8.1d(1)/1

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia