Scroll to end for TLDR.

Driver:Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9deg turned to 10deg with Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

I bought this driver about two years ago, I think around the time the RadSpeed came out. My prior driver was a Callaway X-hot with a regular shaft. I was finding that even though I am on the cusp of regular vs stiff the regular shafts were just too noticably whippy for me. I did some research into the shaft and the driver and they seemed like an appealing combo and I've been gaming it ever since. I was considering upgraded but none of the new driver numbers had really blown me away to the point where I would seriously considering upgrading. I have been enjoying the driver and if I had one knock on it, it can be really loud depending on what kind of ball I am using, and especially with range balls.

3 Wood: Cobra Ltdx 15deg with Hzrdus Smoke iM10 (mid spin) 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

I bought this 3wood last season upgrading from a TaylorMade Burner. I did enjoy the Burner but I figured I would be able to get a little more juice out of a newer model so I used my stockpiled Amazon gift cards and went with the Ltdx. I love this club. At my home course I use this club off the tee on a lot of the par 4s as with my numbers and the course layouts it helps me set myself up for a better second shot and I can work the ball a lot better with my wood than my driver. It is also pretty easy (in my opinion) to hit off the deck so if I top a drive on a par 4 or need to get into a par 5 in two, I can do both of those with this club.

3 Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19deg, standard hosel settings with Tenzei Blue 70g stiff shaft (not fitted)

My prior hybrid gamer was a Cobra Baffler, which was ole reliable but I saw this club used and heavily discounted because of some wear of the paint. I am a big fan of this club, I am typically hitting my hybrids either off the tee or into the green on short enough approach shots or long par 3s into the green. I'm getting a lot more of a loftier shot with this club and it helps with hitting into the greens and not rolling off the back and I'm a fan of the heavy shaft, though my misses with this club go way right.

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW, Dynamic Gold 105g, R300 shafts (fitted)

I bought these irons shortly after they were released after doing a lot of testing and research. My old gamers were a set of Ping G15s with stiff shafts and as I was building my bag I decided to treat myself(lol) and move towards a set of irons that I could grow with as a player. These were clubs I got fitted for (great experience), my three iron finalists were the MP225s, TaylorMade P790, and Callaway Apex DCB. During my fitting the P790s were immediately ruled out. The Apex and the 225s were near identical numbers for me, except the 225s flew a little lower than the Apex, so the decision came down to feel, and we all know the saying... I love these irons, they are forgiving, gave me about 7 more yards of distance, have good gapping, and feel fantastic. These are going to be in my bag for a long time.

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5 Dynamic Gold 115g S200 54/10 and 58/10 (Callaway wedge selector)

I went with the Callaway wedges because I found that the other wedges I was interested in (Vokey and Mizuno) just felt too heavy when I was swinging them. My old wedges were a mix of hand-me-downs and pre-owned finds and I was experimenting way too much with random wedges and inconsistent gapping. I'm a fan of these wedges, I use both of them for full shots, the 54 for half shots and chip shots, and I use the 58 out of the sand.

Putter: Ping Anser 2023

My putting woes and experimentation have been plaguing me for the last two years, I tried blades, mallets, sabertooth, and something was missing in all of those. I decided to buy a blank putter with no alignment to fix my putting and build my confidence and when I felt good enough to buy a new one, Ping was the first that came to mind. I love this putter, it is nicely weighted with a carbon shaft and my off center strikes go just as straight and long as my center strikes, and as an added benefit, I am able to scoop the ball off the grass with the back of the putter.

Misc:

Ball: Currently alternating between Maxfli Tour and PXG, I tend to stay away from the PXG during windy conditions, but I am waiting on a sample box set of the new Snell line.

Rangefinder: Precision Pro Nx7 Slope: Got it as a Black Friday deal and have been impressed, it is accurate and easy to read, some minor hiccups while using it, but overall it compares to other rangefinders I have used in the past.

Headcovers: Had to include the headcovers to pay homage to my dogs, and sometimes you just gotta give them a pet for good luck or after a good shot.

Gloves: just got a 4 pack of the Kirkland gloves and I have to say I am impressed.

TLDR Version:

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9deg turned to 10deg with Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

3 Wood: Cobra Ltdx 15deg with Hzrdus Smoke iM10 (mid spin) 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19deg, standard hosel settings with Tenzei Blue 70g stiff shaft (not fitted)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5 Dynamic Gold 115g S200 54/10 and 58/10 (Callaway wedge selector)

Ball: PXG/Maxfli Tour

20230429_180112.jpg

20230429_180022.jpg

MA/New England

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme: hazardous smoke yellow

3 wood: Cobra ltdx: hazardous smoke im10

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK19: tensei blue

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225: Dynamic gold 105-R300

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5: 54/10, 58/10 s grind

Just now, SKaye said:

Scroll to end for TLDR.

Driver:Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9deg turned to 10deg with Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

I bought this driver about two years ago, I think around the time the RadSpeed came out. My prior driver was a Callaway X-hot with a regular shaft. I was finding that even though I am on the cusp of regular vs stiff the regular shafts were just too noticably whippy for me. I did some research into the shaft and the driver and they seemed like an appealing combo and I've been gaming it ever since. I was considering upgraded but none of the new driver numbers had really blown me away to the point where I would seriously considering upgrading. I have been enjoying the driver and if I had one knock on it, it can be really loud depending on what kind of ball I am using, and especially with range balls.

I bought this 3wood last season upgrading from a TaylorMade Burner. I did enjoy the Burner but I figured I would be able to get a little more juice out of a newer model so I used my stockpiled Amazon gift cards and went with the Ltdx. I love this club. At my home course I use this club off the tee on a lot of the par 4s as with my numbers and the course layouts it helps me set myself up for a better second shot and I can work the ball a lot better with my wood than my driver. It is also pretty easy (in my opinion) to hit off the deck so if I top a drive on a par 4 or need to get into a par 5 in two, I can do both of those with this club.

3 Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19deg, standard hosel settings with Tenzei Blue 70g stiff shaft (not fitted)

My prior hybrid gamer was a Cobra Baffler, which was ole reliable but I saw this club used and heavily discounted because of some wear of the paint. I am a big fan of this club, I am typically hitting my hybrids either off the tee or into the green on short enough approach shots or long par 3s into the green. I'm getting a lot more of a loftier shot with this club and it helps with hitting into the greens and not rolling off the back and I'm a fan of the heavy shaft, though my misses with this club go way right.

I bought these irons shortly after they were released after doing a lot of testing and research. My old gamers were a set of Ping G15s with stiff shafts and as I was building my bag I decided to treat myself(lol) and move towards a set of irons that I could grow with as a player. These were clubs I got fitted for (great experience), my three iron finalists were the MP225s, TaylorMade P790, and Callaway Apex DCB. During my fitting the P790s were immediately ruled out. The Apex and the 225s were near identical numbers for me, except the 225s flew a little lower than the Apex, so the decision came down to feel, and we all know the saying... I love these irons, they are forgiving, gave me about 7 more yards of distance, have good gapping, and feel fantastic. These are going to be in my bag for a long time.

I went with the Callaway wedges because I found that the other wedges I was interested in (Vokey and Mizuno) just felt too heavy when I was swinging them. My old wedges were a mix of hand-me-downs and pre-owned finds and I was experimenting way too much with random wedges and inconsistent gapping. I'm a fan of these wedges, I use both of them for full shots, the 54 for half shots and chip shots, and I use the 58 out of the sand.

My putting woes and experimentation have been plaguing me for the last two years, I tried blades, mallets, sabertooth, and something was missing in all of those. I decided to buy a blank putter with no alignment to fix my putting and build my confidence and when I felt good enough to buy a new one, Ping was the first that came to mind. I love this putter, it is nicely weighted with a carbon shaft and my off center strikes go just as straight and long as my center strikes, and as an added benefit, I am able to scoop the ball off the grass with the back of the putter.

Misc:

Ball: Currently alternating between Maxfli Tour and PXG, I tend to stay away from the PXG during windy conditions, but I am waiting on a sample box set of the new Snell line.

Rangefinder: Precision Pro Nx7 Slope: Got it as a Black Friday deal and have been impressed, it is accurate and easy to read, some minor hiccups while using it, but overall it compares to other rangefinders I have used in the past.

Headcovers: Had to include the headcovers to pay homage to my dogs, and sometimes you just gotta give them a pet for good luck or after a good shot.

Gloves: just got a 4 pack of the Kirkland gloves and I have to say I am impressed.

TLDR Version:

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9deg turned to 10deg with Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60g stiff shaft (not fitted)

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19deg, standard hosel settings with Tenzei Blue 70g stiff shaft (not fitted)

Ball: PXG/Maxfli Tour

20230429_180112.jpg

20230429_180022.jpgE

Edit: Forgot to include my bag. I am using the Ping Hoofer lite. I like it, the pockets are easily accessible, it is light enough to carry and also fits nicely on a push cart. My biggest complaint is that the clubs snag a lot.

MA/New England

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme: hazardous smoke yellow

3 wood: Cobra ltdx: hazardous smoke im10

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK19: tensei blue

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225: Dynamic gold 105-R300

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5: 54/10, 58/10 s grind