Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Los Angeles Meet Up

phitaumatthew

Would love to find folks to play with out here, so figured I'd see if there are any SoCal Golf Spys that would be down. Maybe we do a Friday Morning meet up (or twilight on a Thursday or Sunday)? I'm happy to book us - doesn't have to be anything fancy so we can look at Wilson/Harding/Alhambra/Hanson Dam whatever.

If people are down, let me know and I can start putting something together for later this month or starting in August.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

@Syks7, what say you? 🙂

I'm for sure down! Fridays work great for me, as long as it's in the 9:30 (or after) zone, as I have kid-drop-off duty in the morning at about 8am, up in Santa Clarita.  I'm down for pretty much anything that we can get a time at - Knollwood's a good one, Hansen Dam is great, Balboa/Encino/Woodley all work, too, as well as the Wilson/Harding/Alhambra (Alhambra's a shockingly good time - short course).  

Let's figure it out! 🙂 I'm out of town the first Friday in August, but other than that, let me know what everyone's availability is.

Also, not sure who else is in the LA area, but I've got a few buddies who aren't (yet) on the forum, so could always grab one of them to join, too. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I'd love to play, but I'm out of town from August 5th through 23rd

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

5 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

I'd love to play, but I'm out of town from August 5th through 23rd

You're DEAD to me! 😉 

I'm guessing we could play more than once, so let's try to get something on the books for 8/11, and then John can join us then next time, maybe?  We should also try to get a round over at Rustic at some point - just an absolute joy to play out there.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

16 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

@GolfSpy SAM I'm down. So want to say 8/11 in the morning around 10? And I can arrange everything. I'll try for Hanson, Wilson, Harding and Alhambra?

Perfect.  See if you can book 3 or 4, maybe we can get some people to join - and if not, we should be able to cancel them before-hand.  That work?

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Hey! Any chance we can push to 8/18? I've got a commitment in Carlsbad that was supposed to happen tomorrow but got pushed to 8/11. 

Let me know? Would absolutely love to get this on the books!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 6:19 PM, GolfSpy SAM said:

Hey! Any chance we can push to 8/18? I've got a commitment in Carlsbad that was supposed to happen tomorrow but got pushed to 8/11. 

Let me know? Would absolutely love to get this on the books!

Hi bud. The LA tee time website messed up and I could only get us a 12:50 at Hansen Dam for 4.

I'm going to try to get us a 2 some earlier at Hansen, but also looking at WIlson/Harding. We could always waitlist and try to get on. Or if you were willing to do Alhambra, we could do that.

Will also look at Balboa.

I hate the LA Muni Booking System....

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

2 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

Hi bud. The LA tee time website messed up and I could only get us a 12:50 at Hansen Dam for 4.

I'm going to try to get us a 2 some earlier at Hansen, but also looking at WIlson/Harding. We could always waitlist and try to get on. Or if you were willing to do Alhambra, we could do that.

Will also look at Balboa.

I hate the LA Muni Booking System....

Yeah, the MBS is mostly BS (boom) - I've never had much luck going that route.  We could in theory make 12:50 work, but I'd have to clear it with my wife to ensure she could cover pick-up and early dinner, assuming we're looking at a close-to-5-hour round (that's always my assumption for scheduling).  I try not to do that, as Friday's are our pizza-and-movie night, and I think I like it more than the kids do 😉

Rustic has some availability at 10-ish, but it's $84 for 18 (and $20 extra for cart, but I usually walk), which is more than I'd LOVE to pay, but it's a Friday and it's a hell of a course.  Looks like we could also do DeBell ($50-ish and includes cart) - they've got 10:10/20/30/40 available for four right now.  

I've played (and loved) Alhambra, and am completely unfamiliar with Wilson/Harding, so any of those also work.  

Essentially: I'm down for whatever works best 🙂 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

21 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Yeah, the MBS is mostly BS (boom) - I've never had much luck going that route.  We could in theory make 12:50 work, but I'd have to clear it with my wife to ensure she could cover pick-up and early dinner, assuming we're looking at a close-to-5-hour round (that's always my assumption for scheduling).  I try not to do that, as Friday's are our pizza-and-movie night, and I think I like it more than the kids do 😉

Rustic has some availability at 10-ish, but it's $84 for 18 (and $20 extra for cart, but I usually walk), which is more than I'd LOVE to pay, but it's a Friday and it's a hell of a course.  Looks like we could also do DeBell ($50-ish and includes cart) - they've got 10:10/20/30/40 available for four right now.  

I've played (and loved) Alhambra, and am completely unfamiliar with Wilson/Harding, so any of those also work.  

Essentially: I'm down for whatever works best 🙂 

Hi bud. Grabbed us a 10:20 at DeBell. Let me know if this works! I can also look for an earlier time at Alhambra! Don't think I can make it out to Rustic on that day is the issue.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

4 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

Hi bud. Grabbed us a 10:20 at DeBell. Let me know if this works! I can also look for an earlier time at Alhambra! Don't think I can make it out to Rustic on that day is the issue.

Love it - that's perfect! Did you just grab 2? I may have a buddy (possibly a second) who could potentially join.  I'll have them book separately if you only booked 2.  Let me know?

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 hour ago, phitaumatthew said:

@GolfSpy SAM

got four.  Let me know if we can use all of them!  

We got one more, for sure - so we just need one more.  My buddy Korey is in for sure.  Nice!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

9 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

@GolfSpy SAMDope. Let me know. I can try to bring someone else but not sure I'll be able to fill it.

If things work out incredibly well, I'll not only be bringing my Caley's, but a set of wedges as well. Crazy times. 

I'll let you know if I can find a fourth!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

@GolfSpy SAMgot us a 4th, so we should be good.

Played today. Had my best front 9 ever at DB only to fall apart in the back. Hoping to not repeat that with our 4 some on Friday. Looking forward.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

@GolfSpy SAMso I messed up. I thought I had gotten us a 4 some but it only put me down for 1.  I'm working now to try to get us another tee time someplace around there. I'm sorry that I bungled this.

If we had to do another day, do you have one that works?

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

13 minutes ago, phitaumatthew said:

@GolfSpy SAMso I messed up. I thought I had gotten us a 4 some but it only put me down for 1.  I'm working now to try to get us another tee time someplace around there. I'm sorry that I bungled this.

If we had to do another day, do you have one that works?

Most Fridays are pretty much open - but (seeing your other message) I can probably make the Alhambra time work - we could always do Sand Canyon (up by me) - they tend to have openings and it's a really beautiful course if you've not played it.  10:50is available, as are most times after that (every 10 minutes or so).  $70, including a cart.  Thoughts?

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

@GolfSpy SAMI think I could make that work. Let's go ahead and grab the 10:50 and if anything opens earlier at DeBell or one of these others, I'll grab that. You can cancel as long as it is 24 hours before, right?

And again, sorry for all this run around. Need to double check my work next time.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

3 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

@GolfSpy SAMI think I could make that work. Let's go ahead and grab the 10:50 and if anything opens earlier at DeBell or one of these others, I'll grab that. You can cancel as long as it is 24 hours before, right?

And again, sorry for all this run around. Need to double check my work next time.

Love it. Booking shortly

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Love it. Booking shortly

Booked! Bring lots of balls - the desert gets hungry 😜

IMG_6720.png

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

15 hours ago, phitaumatthew said:

Booked the 10:50 for 3 at Sand Canyon, but absolutely let's try and see if Wilson/Harding are available - that'd be fun to play one of those!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 8/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, billybogey said:

Where you when I lived down there. As a possible outing consider Sandpiper up in Santa Barbara area. Great course to play, does not break the Bank & a day with the Boy's. Like being out on a Day Pass!!

Back in Canada!!!

I've heard AWESOME things about Sandpiper, as well! Great to add that to the list!

@phitaumatthew - confirming 10:50 still works for you at Sand Canyon Country Club (https://www.sandcanyoncc.com/) this Friday! Excited to finally meet up!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

@GolfSpy SAMplease don’t murder me but my boss now needs to do a 9 AM meeting.  I’m trying to confirm it’s happening and looking at commute times too. 

that’s all to say I may be out but I can 100% let you know in the AM.  Massive apologies.  

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver