Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I play golf about five days a week. I have background in teaching and coaching at the high school and collegiate level. Attention to detail is very important. I also have been involved in writing two college text books. But, I love the game which is most important.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 7:36 AM, tristar rick said:

The reasons i think i would make great tester are;

I often post on any good experience with, clubs, balls on a social media group of over 40,000 Metro Detroit Golfers on Facebook

I am a certified instructor through NRPGI

I am a dues paying member at 7 golf courses in Michigan. As you can see i am a golf junkie

My age group has the most disposable income to spend on golf equipment.

I average between 115-125 golf rounds per year

tristar rick

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, wasiangolfer said:

I'm a 14 yr old 9,4 handicap who's game is developing and handicap is dropping. I play regularly and used to be a county player. And I love gadgets and new golfing equipment!

Welcome to the site!

Make sure you check out this thread!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Why should I be picked as a tester?

Well, I have no idea if I should be. But I sure as hell would love to be picked as one. I've been an avid golfer most of my life and have played in courses all over the world while attached to the military. One of my favorite pictures (which I'll share someday) is sitting on top of a building with a driver in my hand and 9mm pistol attached to my thigh while hitting balls into a desert in Fallujah with explosions in the distance.  

I'm honest in all my reviews I've ever done, while being professional at the same time. Details matter in both good and bad reviews. I'm not a scratch golfer or play in a ton of tournaments. I've the everyman golfer who likes to go out, play with friends, or just get out to work on some of the fundamentals. 

So, if you pick me to test something, I'll meet your deadlines, give you my honest thoughts, take pictures and document everything. All with a smile on my face and I promise to always be in disbelief that I get to do something as cool as testing for a well respected forum like this one! 

Fair Winds and Birdie Balls

Driver/Wood: Titleist GT2

Irons: Titleist T200 4-PW

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach

Ball: ProV1x 

3 minutes ago, Jrpeternell said:

Why should I be picked as a tester?

Well, I have no idea if I should be. But I sure as hell would love to be picked as one. I've been an avid golfer most of my life and have played in courses all over the world while attached to the military. One of my favorite pictures (which I'll share someday) is sitting on top of a building with a driver in my hand and 9mm pistol attached to my thigh while hitting balls into a desert in Fallujah with explosions in the distance.  

I'm honest in all my reviews I've ever done, while being professional at the same time. Details matter in both good and bad reviews. I'm not a scratch golfer or play in a ton of tournaments. I've the everyman golfer who likes to go out, play with friends, or just get out to work on some of the fundamentals. 

So, if you pick me to test something, I'll meet your deadlines, give you my honest thoughts, take pictures and document everything. All with a smile on my face and I promise to always be in disbelief that I get to do something as cool as testing for a well respected forum like this one! 

Welcome to the forum!

There are still test opportunities coming this year, but I can’t recommend reading through the How to be a tester guide enough!

Lots of good information there.  Get involved in various threads, give an sample of something you have tested/checked out previously on your own…helps show what you can do.

Glad you’re here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter