Hey everyone! I use lead tape on my driver only. I wanted to try a shorter shaft, and was told I needed to add some weight to the clubhead. Do any of you use it in other clubs? I was surprised to see how much some pros use on like their wedges for example.  Anyway, truly love the groups and the chats! Enjoy the Masters!  E

I have it on my irons and hybrids to get swing weight to exactly match.  None on my driver since i can get various weights for the G410 to put in heel or toe locations.  None on my current set of wedges....yet!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

31 minutes ago, emansinwi said:

I wanted to try a shorter shaft, and was told I needed to add some weight to the clubhead. Do any of you use it in other clubs? 

This is a general recommendation.  I shortened my driver and did not add any weight to the head.  This recommendation for additional weight is to get the swing weight back to where it was prior to shortening the shaft.  I am not that sensitive to swing weight and my driver works fine.

i use lead tape on putters or I have swapped weights if the putter has removable weights.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

38 minutes ago, emansinwi said:

Hey everyone! I use lead tape on my driver only. I wanted to try a shorter shaft, and was told I needed to add some weight to the clubhead. Do any of you use it in other clubs? I was surprised to see how much some pros use on like their wedges for example.  Anyway, truly love the groups and the chats! Enjoy the Masters!  E

Maybe but maybe not. Depends on how sensitive you are to weight change and how things go with the shorter shaft.

After you cut the shaft hit balls with the setup and check contact point on the face, ball flight, etc. if you don’t like the feel or results slowly add tape tll you get to the point you are happy with the feel and ball flight 

I have used lead tape on irons when I switched to graphite shafts to  get them to match the feel I had with the steel shafts. It was only needed on a couple irons 

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1