Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Lifesavers = Par Savers?

Posted (edited)

Never knew this was a thing but I found it absolutely hilarious. I was walking a golf course the other day, and noticed there was was busted pieces of lifesavers all over the fairway. I was a single and paired up with 3 older retirees who were cool as hell. I pointed it out to them, and they just started laughing, saying so and so was at it again.  Apparently one of their buddies who was even older (81 I thought they said? maybe 71) in the group in front us was notorious for carrying around lifesavers while golfing. He would reach down, and tee up his ball on the damn things, and would flush his shots and the evidence would be mostly disintegrated.  They were even joking they once saw a stack of them in bunker and green side rough. 

So if you're walking around the course and see lifesavers scattered....  

Edited by Just_the_Chip

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

• Just_the_Chip changed the title to Lifesavers = Par Savers?

Ha, this is pretty funny!  The lengths people will go to get an advantage.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I love the idea! Down here if you did that, you would raise up some fireants real quickly 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.