If you ever win the lottery

Coulter

It'd be a 3-step plan for me: 

1. Purchase/Create a golf shop warehouse with multiple indoor bays for fittings, training, and equipment purchases, as well as a Pro Shop for customization of any purchases/clubs that one could want. The warehouse will have seperate shops for all the major OEMs, truly everyone one of them: PXG, Wilson, Titleist, TaylorMade, Srixion, Callaway, etc. 

Each shop is a separate entity, so it technically won't violate any of there non-compete clauses about selling a competitors equipment, but it's all in one spot so it's easier for anyone to truly find the best equipment for their game based on what they need, not what's available at the place you just so happened to get fitted at. 

2. Build out a Semi-Public 27 hole course, plus an additional 9-hole Par 30 course (couple short par 4's & a long Par 3's for long iron/hybrid shots but no drivers needed), that's open to the public but is intended to focus on people getting memberships and being "Part" owners in the course, so they're more likely to be respectful on the course and care about actually taking care/repairing a course.

Membership would be like $1,500/year to cover minimum course costs and what not, but would include dedicated money going to the course charitable foundation to cover fees/equipment costs for younger teams/kids to get into the sport and have a place to play without worrying about safety or cost.

3. Start my own custom equipment production, not just for clubs, but gear too.

Think high quality bags & shoes customized and custom made for each individual. Plus custom, hand made putters that are 1 of 1's because each one is designed & milled differently to customer spec's, etc.

3A. The custom shop would also be a Cobbler, Milliner/Hatter, & Habadashery with a focus on leather works, because damn is it next to impossible to find someone that can repair a cowboy hat or pair of cowboy boots now-a-days. I've honestly thought about quitting my job and doing this anyways because I know a few places around me that would pay good money for someone that could do just that. 

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

For years I had the same plan. (I still haven’t won the lottery but I play now and then)

First I’ll buy a Mc Donald’s that is always a business that will bring in revenue to support the golf course I purchase and renovate.  
I’m on the board of directors at my current club so I know what goes on and what it takes to have a successful club. Unfortunately my club needs help getting healthy. I’m working on it.  Maybe I just buy them. 

I think I’d also extend my garage from a two bay to four bay for a bigger simulator area.  This will also allow another space for a nice car (Lamborghini, Ferrari, or something.

My son plays and wants to build a castle with some other houses on the property. He’ finally going to take care of me for a change. Assuming he wins.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 9/24/2024 at 7:51 PM, Shankster said:

I’d probably let a few people on.  But there would be a strict no A Hole rule.  Pace of play would be set at around 2:45… any violations would result in a permanent ban.  I’d let music slide only if I couldn’t hear it.  But if you play slow… the price is wrong.

This violates so many laws I'm not even sure where to start 😮.  But then, no big deal since I know I'm on the approved list 😆.

Interesting question.  I suppose we'd buy a few smaller homes in strategic places around the country.  Strategic as in climate during certain times of the year, and having golf and fly fishing.  I'd also pick up one of these.

image.png.3aae42435daf68c04b8c0d4454ea64a5.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I don't play the lottery because I'm scared of winning and it ruining my life....

That being said, Current lottery in CA is 243 MILLION....

So after buying all the fun toys like a GC Quad and Muira Irons...

1. Buy a golf course for First Tee (Saw one in the Seattle Area and thought that was a great idea for helping the next generation).
  2. Create a 6 hole golf course for people that are short on time. You would have to do take a 15 minute online course before playing that covers the basics of etiquette.
  3. Private Plane to be able to fly and play all the bucket list courses.
  4. Build a house with a short game area.
  5. Hire the following positions: Wealth Manager, Caddie, Coach, Physical Trainer, Nutritionalist, Chef, groundskeepers for the previously mentioned short game area.

Cobra Aerojet MAX 9* 

Cobra Air X 3 Wood

Cobra BioCell 7 Wood

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW

Cleveland CG 56*

Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

What about decked out carts? Or that sweet motorcycle cart I keep seeing pop up on the interwebs? 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.