Golf Brand Opinion: Cleveland Golf Clubs

In my humble opinion - Cleveland remains a solid name in wedges today. While the other club options may be more “tour edge-esque” I believe the wedges remain a strong contender for anyone looking to buy a top performing wedge. Mygolfspy wedge tests may back up those claims as well 😁

Edited by SweatpantsZach
Incomplete post - Mobile woes

D - Callaway Ai Smoke Max 10.5
3W - Ping G430 Max
3H - Callaway Rogue ST Max
4-Pw - Srixon Zx5 MkII
Wedges - Callaway Jaws Raw 52/56/60
P - Odyssey White Hot OG doublewide blade
Ball - Wilson Triad
Lefty 

Cleveland always made fantastic stuff. Now with Srixon and XXIO being part of their family of brands, I think they are trying to “type-cast” Cleveland as their wedge brand and their affordable/game-improvement brand in that family.  My first blade putter was a Cleveland Designed By Gunmetal finish…wish I still had it!

Jesse Stakes

I don't have much love for Cleveland.  One exception, I occasionally use, depending on the course, their "2 wood" . It's a big headed 16* loft driving club. It's good for 205 yard shots that need to find a tight fairway and nothing else. The driver in the dame model isn't much, but I call my 2 wood "the unicorn". Awesome weapon.

Settled clubs: Epon 50/8, 45/6, 40/5, 35/4, 30/4, 26/3 all with Zelos 8 stiff, 1/2 degree flat. Mizuno CLK Hybrid 20 degrees. Putter: 37" rife.h Hbore xl 2wood (the unicorn)--16 degrees, 420 cc? 

Not settled: 54/10 Vokey 

Not settle: 12 degree Mizuno stx 12* set to 11.

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We just saw Cleveland release their new RTZ wedges (just noticing those are in line on the keyboard which makes that really nice). And they look stellar. 

image.png

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/seen-on-tour-cleveland-2025-wedge-prototypes/

CG-Proto-Wedge_32-1536x1075.jpg CG-Proto-Wedge_2-1536x1075.jpg CG-Proto-Wedge_4-1536x1075.jpg CG-Proto-Wedge_3-1536x1076.jpg

Cleveland as a brand has a long history and has made some fantastic clubs over the years. The older 588 wedges were my go-to wedges for a long time. However as time has passed I feel they have also fallen into the Tour Edge like category in some respects. Whether that is deserved or not I am not sure. The clubs are still great, but the recognition of them seems to be split in many respects with almost a duo-identity. 

So what do you think of Cleveland golf clubs? What clubs did you love and what ones not so much? Where do you think they stand in terms of performance?

I love my Cleveland full-face wedges. First Cleveland’s I’ve had in 25 or 30 years but they are great.

Super solid wedges. To be 100% honest. They have been my go to wedge for my entire golf life. Only other wedge that has EVER been in my bag is Titleist / Vokey. That's it. High honor. Outside of the wedge game.... it's low. 

I've never played Cleveland irons or FW woods. Nothing against them. Just never tested them out as primarily the latest and greatest irons they have been peddling have been directed at the high handicapper (15-20+). Thankfully, not for me. 🙂

FW woods, their latest line, was not impressed. I did test them against my current (which was a Callaway Mavrick) and ended up going with a TSR 2 (which is now short for this world... see classifieds shortly haha). But their driver was a big meh burger as well. For the woods, I'm pretty much set without Cleveland being in my bag. BUT, and this is a BIG BUTT, IMO they need to stick to short game. 

I have rolled quite a few CLE putters and I do have to say, they are up there, if not on the same echelon as the big boys. I have round myself looking into the HB line. 

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX